Any particular reason? Just curious.

Post subject: Re: 2018 finals
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:21 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
Go Rivs!

I always just loved the name and uniforms (though I liked them better before they became affiliated with the Devils).

Plus they also briefly had two players with recognizable names--Jenny Scrivens and Amanda Kessel.

I'm still on the hunt for a fairly inexpensive NY Riveters jersey.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:38 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
Go Rivs!

I always just loved the name and uniforms (though I liked them better before they became affiliated with the Devils).

Plus they also briefly had two players with recognizable names--Jenny Scrivens and Amanda Kessel.

I'm still on the hunt for a fairly inexpensive NY Riveters jersey.

Good luck finding something cheap! Black Friday they did something like 20% off all merch, but besides that they don't do any sales, and it's not like you're going to find them at a chain sporting goods store. I even checked Ebay- not a single jersey.
And FYI- if you get anything personalized over their site it takes their vendor a week to make it. I paid for 3 day shipping long before the game we went to so my kids could wear a shirsey of one of the players Miss18.1 met & befriended at a camp, and the shirts showed up 3 days after the game.

Understood on the reason for liking them. The logo is awesome. On Ebay there's a kick ass Riveters version of the American flag.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:42 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Cassie Campbell-Pascall resigned as CWHL Governor and made no secret as to the reasons why.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2 ... eague.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:36 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Cassie Campbell-Pascall resigned as CWHL Governor and made no secret as to the reasons why.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2 ... eague.html

I've been saying it for 2.5 years now. It just makes so much more sense. Hell, start by having them as separate conferences, maybe moving one CWHL into the NWHL conference so you've got 6 in the CWHL conference and 5 in the NWHL conference. Then each conference plays through playoffs as they have been, and the two conference champs meet for a unified playoff round for the overall PWHL (Professional Women's Hockey League) championship. I think they could iron that out in less than the 2 weeks that they're talking about. Then, over the course of a year or two, you fine tune your rules and power structure, making everyone happy. Then the NHL can get involved more easily and affiliate or sponsor teams. Whammo. They'd have a nice league, running well, just in time to have a big argument about letting PWHL players go to the 2022 olympics or not. :lol: