OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Whale of a game
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:34 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Going to the Whale/Riveter game this Saturday with a bunch of families of kids I coach. Tickets are so cheap. Hopefully I'll get some good pics to post.

Post subject: Re: Whale of a game
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:39 pm 

Went to the Whale game on Friday with players from both my daughters' teams and their parents. $20 got us general admission tickets and we sat 2nd row behind the Riveters' bench. The Riveters won 5-1 on a few really nice goals (great moving deflection by a player crossing the slot). Kids got to meet the Whale players after the game and get autographs. All the players were really cool to the kids, some really taking time to get to know them a little.

I got a souvenir when a puck was shot out of the playing surface and hit me in the hip. I was holding my "dinner" (chicken fingers and fries) in a death grip because they cost like $8, took 15 minutes to get, and then I put the container down on the bleachers only to see it slide off and I lost half of it. So I was holding the remaining stuff tightly (and eating with the other hand) when it was shot out. Funny part- only 1 other puck was shot out of play in the whole game and it fell right in front of Miss 18.1, who was walking back to our seats.

Post subject: Re: Whale of a game
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:43 am 

Went to the Whale vs Beauts the other night. Another Whale loss, but it was a great game. Lots of end to end action. The Whale had a goal disallowed due to a player in the crease. Real shame, because it would have been a new player's first NWHL goal. Nice slap shot too. Again, my kids hung around after the game to meet the players and get autographs. If you're near one of these teams I highly recommend checking out a game. It's damn good hockey and the prices are cheap.