OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:54 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I kept hoping the Isles would do it, but instead the Devils have taken the step and partnered with the former New York Riveters, now rebranded the Metropolitan Riveters. They've actually played in NJ for the last year.

http://www.nwhl.zone/news_article/show/ ... id=2739439

I hope other NHL teams take such a step. It's a drop in their budget to do this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:41 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I'm THIS close to getting one of their jerseys. Love that logo and name.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:13 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
I'm THIS close to getting one of their jerseys. Love that logo and name.

No jerseys, but my daughters have a few t-shirts & sweatshirts. It's an awesome logo/name combo. I was afraid they were going to become the NJ Lady Devils or something like that with this move: The first article I read teased a name change along with the affiliation... Just changed NY to Metropolitan. Makes sense, considering they are based in NJ. Any team that plays in NJ and calls itself NY is pure bullshit (looks at Jets & Giants).

And keep in mind that buying a jersey with a player name/number gets that player 15% of the price. I've considered buying my girls jerseys with lesser known players names, just to help them get some cash. The Hillary Knights and Amanda Kessels of the league are probably doing alright.

Now, three more NHL teams need to step up. The other NWHL teams are in Boston, Buffalo (those 2 are pretty obvious which NHL team should step up!), and the Ct Whale, who play out of Stamford, CT. Either Isles or Rangers could create an affiliation with them, as both are pretty close themselves, and the Whale play between the Isles & Rangers AHL affiliates. A Whale color change would be a shame, since they currently use the old Hartford Whalers colors, which I love. But if that's what it takes to keep the NWHL afloat, so be it. The Boston Pride wouldn't have to change- they are Bruins colors already.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:21 am 
OTP Historian

Agreed, awesome name and logo.