OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:47 pm 
Big in Japan

It takes a lot to get the best free agent on the market and still have a troubled offseason. But after getting Pietrangelo and Lehner, the Knights still have holes.

They unloaded Stastny, replaced him with the hope of Cody Glass, dumped Schmidt, and when they couldn't find a taker for Fleury dangled Pacioretty and other vets, who now aren't feeling like this is one big happy family.

Cap pressures have robbed them of depth, and being a new organization aren't stacked with picks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:30 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

They've made the SCF & WCF in 2 of their first 3 years and as you said, landed the top UFA. Do they really need to be stacked with picks? They have pretty much kicked the traditional expansion model to the curb with help from the league. And I kind of like it, as previous expansion teams were pretty much unwatchable for years.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:29 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
They've made the SCF & WCF in 2 of their first 3 years and as you said, landed the top UFA. Do they really need to be stacked with picks? They have pretty much kicked the traditional expansion model to the curb with help from the league. And I kind of like it, as previous expansion teams were pretty much unwatchable for years.

They don't, but it would help their cap situation if they could find some minimum salary types you would normally find through the draft. Nico Roy was a shrewd ad: he might be a dirt cheap 3C.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:41 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

They don't, but it would help their cap situation if they could find some minimum salary types you would normally find through the draft. Nico Roy was a shrewd ad: he might be a dirt cheap 3C.

Yeah but they can't whine about needing low priced players after landing the big UFA fish. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:11 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

McCrimmon's tenure as the official GM has been tumultuous to say the least. Coaching change and a big overhaul of the defense, goaltending, and center corps.

I can't say this Vegas team is radically better than the one that finished in the bubble. In fact...I'd say it might be worse. I don't think you can get away with a depth chart up the middle of Wild Bill/Chanandler Bong/Cody Glass/Nosek. They didn't address their biggest need--firepower up front--and in fact might have exacerbated the situation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:14 am 
Big in Japan

I'm sure they'd love to get Haula back, but I don't think the money will work, unless he's willing to play for the minimum.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:39 pm 

They need to reflect on how fugly those gold helmets are.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:46 pm 
Big in Japan

Vegas is exempt from the expansion draft. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:30 pm 
Big in Japan

Not a big surprise Alec Martinez is coming back. He was awesome in the conference final on a broken foot. 3 x 5, he'll be 37 by the end, but it's a deal for next season.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:02 pm 
Big in Japan

I don't really understand unloading Face of the Franchise Marc-Andre Fleury for the bloated contract of Evgenii Dadonov. Eichel, I would've gotten.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:17 pm 

Vegas says they had a long talk with Reaves before trading him. Nice that an enforcer got that kind of treatment from the front office while the Vezina winner didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:58 pm 
Big in Japan

Vegas locks up OG Golden Knight Brayden McNabb. He'll be running and cheap shotting guys for three more years.

Also re-signed Amadio and Thompson.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:55 pm 

In a move NO ONE saw coming :jerkbag: the Golden Boys put Mark Stone on LTIR, citing a back issue they can't quite identify...convenient. He played in the All-Star game of course and there didn't appear to be any sort of issue. I believe he's hurt, yes, but so much so that he has to go on LTIR? I think everyone with a nose can smell the bullshit.

Honestly, I'm annoyed that this keeps happening but I don't blame Vegas one bit. The league has had multiple chances to close this loophole, none of the teams really want it closed though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:37 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
In a move NO ONE saw coming :jerkbag: the Golden Boys put Mark Stone on LTIR, citing a back issue they can't quite identify...convenient. He played in the All-Star game of course and there didn't appear to be any sort of issue. I believe he's hurt, yes, but so much so that he has to go on LTIR? I think everyone with a nose can smell the bullshit.

Honestly, I'm annoyed that this keeps happening but I don't blame Vegas one bit. The league has had multiple chances to close this loophole, none of the teams really want it closed though.

It's funny to me the only guy the NHL seemed to investigate thoroughly about LTIR in recent times was Shea Weber, who was mangled beyond repair.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:47 pm 

Hmmmmmm...trouble in Paradise? Not that I am sympathetic in the slightest for the team that chases the Shiny New Toy even more than effin' Philly ever did, but this downturn is quite something.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:52 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
Hmmmmmm...trouble in Paradise? Not that I am sympathetic in the slightest for the team that chases the Shiny New Toy even more than effin' Philly ever did, but this downturn is quite something.

Shoulda kept MAF! Lehner going down has killed this team. So many injuries, no cap space to do anything about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:13 pm 
Old Man of the Post

5-1 drubbing at the hands of pop-gun Cannots. That B2B was like watching two different VGK teams: In Vancouver, the Knights looked determined, fast, and skilled. In Vegas, the baked potato-helmeted Knights looked lazy, slow, and bored. Lehner looked human for a change but the Cannots still needed some otherworldly goaltending from Demko before Vancouver could get on the scoreboard.

VKG scored first - for a big skilled guy, Eichel looks like a perimeter player, and they don't look so badass without Stone and Theodore in the lineup. Canucks didn't have Boeser and Hughes, and still scored 5 goals.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:31 pm 
Big in Japan

The Knights have 7 guys on LTIR, only way to bring Stone back. What a mess.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:00 pm 

Awwwww come on, Vancouver! Why'd you give Vegas that point!?

Not Demko's best game, though there were some egregious defensive breakdowns as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:58 pm 

Ha ha, FUCK YOU Golfing Knights!

I may come to regret these words later but I'm so glad to see these losers become the victim of a mess that was entirely their own making.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next