OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:48 pm 
King of Men

I do have to give props to the Vegas Knights. In true Vegas fashion they play a high risk, high reward business game. When you play on the edge of the knife, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Kudos to big balls and the lure of big money!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:50 pm 
Big in Japan

harmfuljays wrote:
I do have to give props to the Vegas Knights. In true Vegas fashion they play a high risk, high reward business game. When you play on the edge of the knife, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Kudos to big balls and the lure of big money!

I too appreciate their style. Never boring in Vegas.

After bringing in new coach Bruce Cassidy, they re-sign forward Reilly Smith to a 3 years, 5M AAV deal. One of the few originals still left. Probably could've gotten more years elsewhere, but this is where he wants to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:09 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Wonder where the hell they find the cap space now. Surely they're not moving Marchessault.

I assume Martinez is somehow on his way out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:33 pm 
Big in Japan

Nicholas Roy signs a bit of a weird contract as the Knights struggle to fit everyone under the cap: 5 years, 3M per.

Roy gave up annual value for the long-term security, and considering he gets to live in Vegas for a bit, not too shabby. I say a bit because we all know they'll get caught in cap hell again and Roy's contract might be easy to move if he proves he's a true 3C.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:08 pm 
Big in Japan

Lehner out for the season with hip surgery.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:28 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Lehner out for the season with hip surgery.

That fucking asshole DeBoer publicly contradicted Lehner when he announced he was going to get some (now obviously) needed surgery, and the organization forced him to play one more game when he was apparently injured to a very large degree. Also, DeBoer continually threw Lehner under the bus for some subpar performances when it's readily apparent now that the guy was hobbled badly. I don't care that they finally fired DeBoer, fuck these guys.

What sucks about this is that with Weber's and Lehner's contracts now LTIR eligible, the Vegas Cap Circumventers have an extra $12 million or so to play with.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:45 pm 
Big in Japan

With Lehner out the Knights have acquired Adin Hill, who didn't impress in his first starter gig in San Jose but still has the tools. He and Logan Thompson will hold the fort until Brossoit returns from injury.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:09 am 
Big in Japan

Robin Lehner files for bankruptcy. Blew his money on an exotic snake farm in Missouri. To each their own.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:32 am 

E.L. wrote:
Robin Lehner files for bankruptcy. Blew his money on an exotic snake farm in Missouri. To each their own.

Don't know if it's true or not but I read that Mark Stone said Lehner was at his house and started digging up snake holes. Next day he said there were like five snakes in his pool.

What I want to know is how the fuuuuuuck you spending that much money on snakes!?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:55 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Don't know if it's true or not but I read that Mark Stone said Lehner was at his house and started digging up snake holes. Next day he said there were like five snakes in his pool.

What I want to know is how the fuuuuuuck you spending that much money on snakes!?

I read that he invested in an exotic snake farm. It sounded very Tiger King-like, only with snakes. The guy who ran the farm bred a bunch of the rare snakes and Lehner argued with him that breeding them so much reduced the value of the ones the guy had, since they weren't as rare then and that had been why Lehner invested... Lehner was paying the guy monthly installments but when the guy died, Lehner quit paying. Guy's estate sold to another snake dealer, who sued Lehner for backpay and penalties. Or some soap opera shit like that. Either way, it's fucking weird. I wish Lehner the best, but this just screams Netflix docuseries.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:54 pm 

Mark Stone undergoes his 2nd back surgery in less than a year, out indefinitely. You have to think at this point he might never be anywhere close to the player he was.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:57 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
Mark Stone undergoes his 2nd back surgery in less than a year, out indefinitely. You have to think at this point he might never be anywhere close to the player he was.

Vegas bet big on Stone, Pacioretty and Eichel and it's still their expansion draft OGs Bill, Marchessault and Smith getting it done.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:31 pm 
Big in Japan

Back to the finals for the first time since their expansion year. They bet big on Eichel and It's paying off. Goalie roulette hasn't affected them at all.

Marchessault-Wild Bill-Smith still kicking it! Retire their numbers when it's all said and done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:15 pm 
Big in Japan

The Cup winning Golden Knights.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:43 pm 

Daaaaaaamn...

Cassidy was asked about returning to Boston and said this:

Quote:
"It's nice to come back with a big, nice shiny ring on your finger too — always a good visit with that."

:owned: :lol: :awesome:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:47 pm 
King of Men

Good For Bruce!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:22 pm 
Big in Japan

The cap ain't nuthin but a number: Noah Hanifin signs an 8-year extension in Vegas. $7.35M AAV.