OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 1:53 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

harmfuljays wrote:
Yuck....potential no ice final 4

Dallas-Vegas
Florida-Carolina....

Actual footage of Bettman if this happens- :fh:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:45 pm 
King of Men

Well that's it for the Leafs they almost had me Be-leafing for about 15 seconds.

I do like that We Want Florida shirt Tkachuk was touting. You got to have fun with it. :lol:

Anyway its a Florida/Carolina matchup........... :fap: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:53 pm 
Big in Japan

Is the window closed for these Leafs?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:34 pm 
Big in Japan

Panthers/Hurricanes is gonna be a hella fun series. Both teams like to shoot and like to score. I think the Canes have the edge because they handled their opponents pretty cleanly, but the Panthers got hot at the right time.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 9:56 am 
King of Men

Waiting on the Kraken/Stars to see what's next.

No more Canada.....geez.....playoffs full of disappointment.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 4:17 pm 
Old Man of the Post

E.L. wrote:
Panthers/Hurricanes is gonna be a hella fun series. Both teams like to shoot and like to score. I think the Canes have the edge because they handled their opponents pretty cleanly, but the Panthers got hot at the right time.

I think the Panthers might have an edge because of their special teams; nevertheless, I think this is the series to watch. DAL/SEA vs. the LVK doesn't seem as interesting.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:08 pm 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
E.L. wrote:

I think the Panthers might have an edge because of their special teams; nevertheless, I think this is the series to watch. DAL/SEA vs. the LVK doesn't seem as interesting.

I'll find the west slightly interesting if it's the 2 recent expansion teams. Other than that I couldn't really care less.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 7:53 am 
King of Men

Chris18 wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

Dallas-Vegas
Florida-Carolina....

Well.....it happened.

Unfortunately, this is intriguing to me but I won't be sad if I miss a game or 4. Its going to be a Carolina/Dallas final....who picked that shit in their bracket!?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:27 am 

harmfuljays wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

Dallas-Vegas
Florida-Carolina....

Well.....it happened.

Unfortunately, this is intriguing to me but I won't be sad if I miss a game or 4. Its going to be a Carolina/Dallas final....who picked that shit in their bracket!?

Looking back, I think Bettman would have maybe preferred Seattle over Dallas since it would show how well the expansion draft created parity. But I'm sure he's not sad that another warm weather team is in the final 4. His southern expansion will get another Cup.

How many Bettman added teams have won the Cup? Carolina's got one, Tampa has three. Others? And I'm not sure Carolina should really count, since they moved from SHartford.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 2:01 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

The day Arizona makes it to the Cup final Bettman will probably keel over from excitement.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 6:43 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
The day Arizona makes it to the Cup final Bettman will probably keel over from excitement.

He'd live for a while- just to gloat.

Panthers take Game 1 with 13 seconds to go in the fourth OT. :shock: Should that count as game 2 also? Losing a playoff game sucks. Losing a playoff game after playing more than an extra game that night has got to really bite. And, everyone's favorite d-bag scored, Matthew Tkachuk. That's got to make it even worse.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 10:05 am 
King of Men

The funniest thing about this IMO is the expediency that Tkachuk has to get the hell off the ice after the goal. He breaks the group hug immediately to beat skates to the door. Past his bed time!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 10:19 am 

harmfuljays wrote:
The funniest thing about this IMO is the expediency that Tkachuk has to get the hell off the ice after the goal. He breaks the group hug immediately to beat skates to the door. Past his bed time!

Seriously. I thought he'd hang out and gloat, flip fans off or something. Maybe he had to piss really badly from drinking coffee or Red Bull to make it through that many periods.

And I forgot to mention- the Panthers had an OT (1st OT that is) waved off due to goalie interference. Controversial call, needless to say. At least the Panthers still won it, even if it was like 3.5 periods later.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 12:41 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Chris18 wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

Seriously. I thought he'd hang out and gloat, flip fans off or something. Maybe he had to piss really badly from drinking coffee or Red Bull to make it through that many periods.

Funny, my thought was he had a case of the Luongo-esque runs...

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 11:22 pm 

That dirty fuck Keith Tkachuk does it again. Wins Game 2 less than 2 minutes into OT. Panthers up 2-0 and heading home now.
I wonder if there were other potential trading partners who bailed on Tkachuk who are kicking themselves now.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:39 am 
King of Men

He did this quick exit again in game 2 so maybe its a "thing"

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 10:11 am 

harmfuljays wrote:
He did this quick exit again in game 2 so maybe its a "thing"

Yeah I really don't get it. He's such a needler I figured he'd skate around waving to the opposing fans or something like that.

I wonder if Ottawa management keeps asking Brady when he'll show these kinds of heroics.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:23 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
I wonder if Ottawa management keeps asking Brady when he'll show these kinds of heroics.

I do hope Ottawa management realizes Matthew is, like, two levels (maybe more) above Brady when it comes to ability. Much as I hate to say it, Tkachuk may very well be one of the top five players in the league at present.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 10:59 pm 
Big in Japan

The Panthers are a win away from the Stanley Cup finals.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:48 am 

E.L. wrote:
The Panthers are a win away from the Stanley Cup finals.

Wild Card 2... Getting hot at the right time is everything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next