OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:50 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Site move must be happening because that's TWO posts of mine that have magically disappeared.

So...Mark Hunter never worked for the Isles? He was Lou's right-hand man in Toronto and then bolted quicker than a red hat-wearing Republican who found himself at a Pride rally the minute they gave the reins to Dubas. Always thought Lou would tab him again but I guess he's happier running the show in London.

The original thought when everyone heard Lou was going from Toronto to the Isles was that Lou would be Pres and he'd hire Hunter as the GM. Never happened. Never any word on why not.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:34 pm 
Big in Japan

I'd imagine Hunter thought if he hung around the GTA long enough the Leafs job would open again...

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:14 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
I'd imagine Hunter thought if he hung around the GTA long enough the Leafs job would open again...

I wonder if it would have if the Leafs lost to the Bolts. Making it out of the first round is a big deal to the Leafs, so even if they get swept now I think Dubas bought himself at least one year, if not two. Leafs fans are really enjoying toasting Bruins fans about which team choked with a 3-1 lead... :laugh: Good for them.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:25 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

I wonder if it would have if the Leafs lost to the Bolts. Making it out of the first round is a big deal to the Leafs, so even if they get swept now I think Dubas bought himself at least one year, if not two. Leafs fans are really enjoying toasting Bruins fans about which team choked with a 3-1 lead... :laugh: Good for them.

I think Dubas holds all the cards now with the Leafs stalling on giving him an extension. He might just up and leave this offseason anyway, especially for the Pittsburgh job.