OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:11 am 
King of Men

Oettinger in net....Seguin and Benn making almost 10 Million each......John Klingberg is a -28 and if you've seen him play you know why. On the brightside there is Roope Hintz and Jason Robertson. Also some young stallions on D in Heiskanen and Lindell. Led by Joe Pavelski of all folks. Somehow it clicks and they made it to W1.

Historically, Dallas plays Calgary well and this season was no exception with Calgary taking 2 of 3....Calgary potting 11 and Dallas 9 in 3 games.

Calgary is playing so well they are even enjoying a resurgence or rather an emergence of Nakita Zadorov! I looked at his Corsi/Fenwick numbers this morning and I almost fell over. Another player excelling under the yoke of DS!

I really don't expect this series to last very long but its the post season so you never know. I spent a bit more time with the Bruins thread because I don't expect them to be around to talk about later.

Feel free to follow the links if you want to learn more...

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/CGY/

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/flames

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/teamre ... p?team=CGY

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 11:34 am 
OTP Historian

I had zero clue the Stars and Kings were in the playoffs which goes to show how closely I've been paying attention.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 12:53 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Stars feel darkhorsish if they can get the goaltending.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 11:02 pm 
King of Men

Apparently there is some rule about 2nd fights after a period ends or something where players get ejected? Super Soft! Anyway....Klingberg and Rasmussen engage in some swedish paddycakes and are done for the night after one period.

The whole league needs to give its balls a tug.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 8:31 am 
King of Men

Calgary continues the tight play with Dallas and churns out a DS 1-0 Win in game 1. The game really changed after the first and those shenanigans.

Put it in the win column!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 8:50 am 
King of Men

https://twitter.com/timandfriends/status/1521719793694429184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1521719793694429184%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dallasnews.com%2Fsports%2Fstars%2F2022%2F05%2F04%2Fhes-acting-tougher-than-he-is-stars-john-klingberg-takes-shot-at-flames-rasmus-andersson%2F

The swedish pillow fight continues.....just don't be second this time!

Quote:
Rule 46.7 of the NHL rulebook says “a game misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player who is assessed a major penalty for fighting after the original altercation has started.”

“I was surprised ‘How long have you been in the league, don’t know that rule?’” Stars coach Rick Bowness said.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:49 am 
King of Men

I was reflecting on why this team has made me so miserable in the post season over the years and I couldn't readily remember why (mercifully). Well now I do!

https://champsorchumps.us/c/calgary

Only made it out of the first round 3 (being generous with the bubble win over Winnipeg) times in 15 trips to the dance since 1989 (including the long run in 2004 with DS)...and a lot of those losses were devastating.

Let's hope this run helps heal that!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:41 am 
King of Men

1 goal in 2 games isn't going to get it done. I get the system but yikes....... 7 game series though so not hitting the panic button yet. In DS I trust!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 1:16 pm 

Finding myself in a strange position this year. I've always not wanted any of the Habs, Laffs, Oilers, Flames to win anything. At times especially the Flames. But I'd like to pull for a Canadian team and with Tanev and Markstrom on the Flames have found myself actually cheering on this once hated rival...............still cheering for the Oilers and Leafs to choke and burn though. ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 11:46 am 
OTP Historian

Fogghorn wrote:
Finding myself in a strange position this year. I've always not wanted any of the Habs, Laffs, Oilers, Flames to win anything. At times especially the Flames. But I'd like to pull for a Canadian team and with Tanev and Markstrom on the Flames have found myself actually cheering on this once hated rival...............still cheering for the Oilers and Leafs to choke and burn though. ;)

Compromise and growth, Foggy!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 7:53 am 
King of Men

I went through that strange feeling with the Habs over the past years. I attributed it to getting older.

This series has gone way further than it should have. It is now officially time to join Leafs fans in the pucker phase! Game 7 toss up!

The entertainment factor in this series just isn't there with the style of hockey the Stars are playing.

Hats off to Bowness who has had his team do what they have to do to get this far and of course Oettinger who has, to this point, outplayed Markstrom.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:44 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Fogghorn wrote:
Well on this line of reasoning, you would also be pulling for the Kings given the mere presence of Stecher and Edler, so perhaps country loyalty plays less a role and player identification more when it comes to professional sports. Recall the hatred for the Canucks in Canada when they were elite.

For international play I get it, but hockey knows no boundaries in the NHL. I am still firmly con when it comes to Flames.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 9:16 pm 
King of Men

I can't say anyone has an edge in this, perhaps Dallas, as no one expected them to take it this far.

With the way Oettinger has been playing he could very well steal it and we know DS will stick to the plan all the way!

Its in DS we trust one way or another!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 9:11 am 
King of Men

Battle of Alberta by the skin of Johnny's teeth! Super props to Oettinger!

Now time to make some Timmys!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:07 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Whew. Thank the Hockey Gods that the Team That Hates Hockey is DEAD.

Fuck those guys. Fuck their asshat coach.

Battle of Alberta is ON.