OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:26 am 
King of Men

Can the Bruins do it? Ehh.....I don't know. They have a chance because Andersen is out. Raanta is capable of getting the job done though.

Goaltending, while a great story with the hugs, has been shaky all year. The Bruins have turned the puck over a lot this year and the Rod Brindamour led Hurricanes will feast on the turnovers and shaky goaltending.

B's have also gripped their sticks quite a bit this year and this is a low scoring bunch.

Management has done a good job addressing things while the core winds down (even though Patrice was amazing this year). Its been a great ride over the years and I enjoyed watching their games this year. Will Taylor hall make an impact? While they do have depth players like Debrusk, Haula, Coyle, Foligno, Lazar I just don't know if that group is up to this task.

Brad has been highly unhinged this year and if I was Carolina I would target him immediately.

I have plenty of beer in the fridge...my goal horn is adjusted, a new TV mounted and my stadium seating is ready to be reclined. Let the playoffs begin!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 3:57 pm 
King of Men

Break down

B's

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/teamre ... p?team=BOS

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/ ... ats_adv_rs

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/ ... _stats_adv

Canes

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/teamre ... p?team=CAR

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/ ... team_stats

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/ ... _stats_adv

The numbers DO NOT help the Bs here. Out of all teams the B's have played this year the B's have their lowest GF against the Canes and the after the Leafs the second most GA.

In 3 games they have allowed 16 goals while scoring 1................. :oops:

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/game.p ... game=30131

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 4:46 pm 
King of Men

This certainly isn't one prolific offense against another one. The Canes finished as a team with 271 goals led by Aho at 37/44/81. Svechnikov had 30 and Neiderreiter, Tervainen and Trocheck had over 20. Aho obviously led the team in points.

Necas leads the team with 75 giveaways with Sevechnikov behind him at 72. However there are several players of significance who have more takeaways than giveaways. Led by Jacob Slavin who is an absolute monster with a 74/43 split. Behind him is Aho 68/56 who is also ahead followed by Trocheck and Pesce. The Bruins will have to absolutely watch out for these guys!

The Bruins were led in goals by Pasta with 40/37/77, Brad with points 32/48/80 and then Patrice at 25 goals. DeBrusk and Hall had over 20.

As Expected Pasta is a turnover machine leading the team with 77 followed by CMac and Brad over 60. Patrice Bergeron who has been doing this for a long time leads on the right side of the ship 37/21 as is Jake Debrusk 35/26. Brandon Carlo is on the right side as well even if he has struggled a bit this year.

After looking at a lot of these numbers I may need to cut Clifton a little bit more slack. He's been a lot better this year than in years past. I still sure as hell don't want him out there with Forbort. I am assuming he won't be used much in this series anyways but I wouldn't mind seeing him in there for Forbort if they struggle with Carolina's speed.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 8:56 pm 
King of Men

Reilly odd man out Cassidy hell bent on his Forbort/Clifton pairing.

Also hell bent on sticking with Jake Debrusk on the top line with Pasta on 2...

That will change!

2-0 after 2. As I feared Raanta has been serviceable and Carolina has more jump, heart and push back. I never thought I would want to see a little more heart out of the Bruins but Lindholm is a cream puff! Gets the wrong end of a trip into the boards with Aho and just skates over and taps him! When CMAC is your boy running around out there you're super soft!

Bruins can't keep up with this team and they don't have the speed to dump it in and cycle. But that's typical of Rod coaching not to be outworked and be first to pucks.

Cassidy has his work cut out for him in the locker room!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 10:03 pm 
King of Men

Bruins get whooped in game 1. Going to have to reach down and give their balls a tug if they want to compete in this one.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 12:55 pm 
King of the One-Liner

I think the Bruin's are in for a slight down period, but it has been a while so no shame.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:55 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Not gotta get it done with a center corps of Bergeron/Haula/Coyle. Bergeron is an ageless wonder who will likely cruise to yet another well-deserved Selke win, but he can only do so much.

Near as I can tell, McAvoy proved that, when healthy, he is absolutely a legit franchise defenseman at both ends of the ice.

Goaltending situation appears more fluid but I was all about the wholesome goalie hugs all year so I can't say anything bad about either guy.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:56 am 
King of Men

Bruins can't do anything in this series.

Some strange happenings in game 2....Rannta gets run into by a questionable Pasta and is gone (I don't like running goalies in the crease no matter what team does it).....however what may save Pasta here is after Raanta is down a fellow cane runs into his head. Still not sure how it wasn't a major though. Running the goalie with obvious principal contact to the head? Whatever I guess.

This video shows the Canes player hitting him and knocking off his helmet. Other Videos won't show this (22 seconds in)

Patrice gets a puck in the junk but still scores..........Hampus gets pasted in what I thought was a good hit and probably won't be back. Guess we will have to wait until next year to see how this signing goes.

Brad gets goaded by the the Canes backup....resists once but can't resist twice and two hands him.

Cassidy finally ditches Pasta on line 2.

And in all that Carowhinah dominates play in every aspect. The fans are raucous (everything is a ref you suck), the Canes players are raucous and the Bruins along with Jack and Brick have no answer.

Perhaps TD Garden will be kinder for a game or 2. Serve up some spicey (szechuan) pork and broccoli.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 3:23 pm 
King of Men

Reilly goes from not having a spot to playing with CMac on the top pair. Cassidy ride or die on the Clifton-Forbort pairing! Pastrnak starts the game on the top line.

Frederic out Wagner in

Ulmark out Swayman in

Lipstick on a pig but what else were they to do?

Where did Marc McLaughlin go?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:27 am 
King of Men

Right on track for that Game 6 prediction!

Forbort and Clifton have been fairly serviceable for what they are being asked to do...Carlo not so much.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 8:43 am 
King of Men

Well...they've got heart! Good ride out of this bunch. Deangelo has been really good for the Canes. Smart move subbing Rielly for Gryz.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 9:23 am 
King of Men

3 game 7s on Saturday and someone goes and puts a Choir Concert on Saturday night!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:59 pm 
King of Men

Well....they made it 1 more game then I thought they would. Carolina is just a better team.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:23 pm 
Big in Japan

Bergeron gave hugs to every Bruin leaving the ice. Said he wasn't sure about coming back.

I'm sure some of you heard what Tony Amonte said...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 9:09 pm 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:

Oh c'mon now! :kraken:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:54 pm 
Big in Japan

harmfuljays wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Oh c'mon now! :kraken:

I couldn't help it. :laugh:

For what it's worth, Bergeron said he doesn't envision himself playing elsewhere. May go off into that good night a little before his time like Rask and Krejci.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:46 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Man, if Bergeron goes...