OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:27 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

harmfuljays wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Rumor all over the hindernet is that Rask is out with an upper body injury.

Interesting....I doubt there is any coincidence the Isles are shooting high glove and Tuuka is waving at it. The D is in shambles without Carlo back there.

I was thinking that too. I read that he was ruled out, threw a fit that he was going to play so they put him in. If true, it could determine the series. Isles are shooting like it's Jarry in net.

4-2 after 2. Isles with THREE PP goals! Cassidy has yelled at the refs for every call against his team. Dude seriously needs to cut the shit. He looks like a total douche. Stick to the hands of a guy attempting a shot has been a penalty for years, even in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:42 pm 
King of Men

Yep has to be something to it as Swayman started the 3rd...doesn't matter though as Isle add another and make it 5-2.

I also agree that could be a series decider. Teams are way too evenly matched for that even if it could be Tuuka's last home game.

Adam Pelech picks up a complete BS hooking call on Pasta with the refs playing game manager and the B's are within 2.

The NHL totally needs to clean up the officiating. That shit is Trumpian in its blatancy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:23 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:

The NHL totally needs to clean up the officiating. That shit is Trumpian in its blatancy.

:lol: great line.

I momentarily thought it may be a laugher when Nelson scored the Isles' 5th goal. Isles hold on to win 5-4. Some scary moments at the end there.

Isles with a chance to close the series out on home ice on Wednesday night.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:59 am 

Cassidy whined a shitload after the game about the refs again, saying something like the league sees them as the New York Saints, not Islanders. Terrible line and I have to wonder if he's aware of the NY Saints lacrosse team. :lol: I didn't see it but apparently the Isles' broadcast team tore him to shreds in their postgame show, showing all kinds of things the Bruins have done and didn't get called for, and pointed out that for all Cassidy's bitching, the Isles have a ONE penalty advantage over the Bruins over the 5 game series so far. Isles were the least penalized team all year long, while the Bruins were near the most penalized.

Damn shame that Swayman takes the loss because he allowed the 5th goal. Wonder if Rask is really injured or they just yanked him for letting in 4 and not looking like himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:08 am 
King of Men

All gamesmanship. I don't particularly pay attention to the media influencing. Its the NHL's problem to define officiating vs game management.

I am more concerned with the ineffectual 3rd and 4th lines, hodge podge on D (miss you Torey), and Tuuka's bum wing but still playing the next game status.

I would imagine if I was the Isles I rinse and repeat game 5 and its over.

What I also don't get is Pasta was clearly in pain after his collision in the final minutes but Taylor Hall was not the extra man......why not? If the guy even has a chance of getting signed you need to let him try.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:13 am 

I already pointed out Cassidy’s whining but I added on an Isles blog that someone needs to make a Karen Cassidy meme, him with the classic Karen wig, asking to speak to the ref’s manager. So I figured I’d mention it here since some of you are good with that stuff.
Also, Lazar left the game after finishing a check on Pelech in the second period.

And yeah, lather, rinse repeat. Except giving up four goals. Hopefully.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:49 pm 

In today's version of "Is Chris ever going to shut up about this?", Bruins' Ritchie fined $5k for an unpenalized elbow to Scott Mayfield's head. Similar to the crosscheck to Mayfield's head by DeBrusk being unpenalized, but later fined the max. But Karen Cassidy is still saying the Isles are getting preferential treatment. Mhmm.

And Cassidy was fined $25k for Karening about the refs.

Rumor the Isles organ player is going to play "When the Saints Go Marching In" when the Isles take the ice tomorrow night. I can't stand that song or the fact that they have an organ in the Coliseum, but if they do that, it would be a beautiful of it. I'd like a closeup on Cassidy if they do it.

Trotz was asked if there's any value to working the refs in press conferences. Trotz said he doesn't work them, he respects them; they have a tough job. Well played Zen master. Well played.

And for fun, I give you this photo, with the quote "I wanna talk to your manager!" https://twitter.com/Chris_h8s_twter/status/1402291242348826636

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:23 pm 
King of Men

Instead of crying I suppose they could win the next 2 games! Or just get out of the way!

I think a millennial family member called me a boomer the other day...who knows why...probably because I told this particular person their business plan can't be based on spreading good vibes and positive energy and their ROI can't be pay it forward.

I am not a boomer but I guess that doesn't matter to those folks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:52 pm 
Big in Japan

Hall back to being ineffective. McGuire suspects he got hurt fighting Mayfield but won't admit it for obvious reasons. Bs needed that second line juice.

Also their defence looks decimated.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:34 pm 

From an entertainment stance, I'd like to see the Bs bring it. From an Isles fan stance, I'd like the Bs to keep whining and blaming the refs, while they roll over. :lol:

So many players are hurt this time of year. Dobson and Leddy are clearly not right. Leddy looks slow and his passes are off the mark all the time. His best assets are his skating and passing. It kind of sucks that guys are so often injured this time of year when you want to see the best hockey, and the best players for all teams available. I always wonder how it would be if they gave like a month off before playoffs began, so players could heal, so we could see more players return and see everyone closer to injury free. Depth is a huge part of winning it all, but it sucks for teams to lose because they're missing an important guy or three.

If Wahlstrom gets better, I'm not sure he's going to pull Zajac out of the lineup. Zajac has been very good on the D side of the puck and okay on the O side.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:40 am 
OTP Historian

Wait...you don't like having an organ in the barn???

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 am 
King of Men

No Carlo, No Lazar, No Millar, Bum Wing Tuukka.

This team is mentally strong and this isn't their first rodeo. So they could force a game 7 with will alone. But the isles seem to have the antidote for the one line scoring.

If Tuukka is in I expect to see high on the glove side.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:05 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Wait...you don't like having an organ in the barn???

I hate it. It's so circus. So campy. So outdated. It was time to move on from arena organs like 20 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:26 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
No Carlo, No Lazar, No Millar, Bum Wing Tuukka.

This team is mentally strong and this isn't their first rodeo. So they could force a game 7 with will alone. But the isles seem to have the antidote for the one line scoring.

If Tuukka is in I expect to see high on the glove side.

Cassidy has confirmed that Rask is starting.

I fear them forcing a Game 7. I think the Isles will come out firing on all cylinders, but think the Bruins will too. The Bruins may only have one line, and Trotz may have the last change, but that one line is frigging awesome and at times looks like they can score at will. If I was the Isles I'd assign someone just to cover Pastrnak in the Ovi spot. He's scored like 4 of his 5 from there. Keep his ass covered and that takes a lot away from that line. But of course, everyone thinks you can cover one guy and remove most of a line's production, and it rarely works out that way.

The crowd is already at the Coliseum, tailgating. :lol: Lots of singing When the Saints Go Marching In, NY Saints (lacrosse) gear being worn, etc. Fans are having fun with it. The New Orleans Saints even tweeted that Game 6 will be intense and had a video saying Anders Lee fired them up for practice. (I didn't watch it; he's in NY skating lightly and tipping shots). So at the very least, Karen Cassidy has made this fun for Isles fans and others who presumably don't have a dog in the fight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:42 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
I hate it. It's so circus. So campy. So outdated. It was time to move on from arena organs like 20 years ago.

Well...they DID move on from them for the most part, then some teams started working them back in and fan reaction was positive, so more teams did it.

I kinda wish some teams would re-install the old school scoreboards. Who needs a hi-def television up there, gimme those light-up boards from the olden days that were just one color.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:53 pm 
King of Men

:wookie: F'n a Bros! I am drinking High Life and vacuuming...... look out Isles! :beer:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:22 pm 
King of Men

Maybe I should drink more High Life.....Bruins are getting outplayed and only saved by a PP.

Ah I miss east coast douche bags! :toot:

I wouldn't piss on NY if it was on fire! But I like them a hell of a lot better than these passive aggressive mid-west types that I've had to endure for 20 plus years.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:07 pm 
King of Men

The Bruins have had it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:10 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Charlie McAvoy got the living SHIT beat outta him in this game. I don’t remember the last time I saw a star defenseman take that much punishment.

I’ll need to look into Brad Marchand’s workout and fitness routine. Never seen a little guy be so hard to knock off the puck. Mayfield took a run at him and bounced right off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:25 pm 
King of Men

GREAT game plan on an already depleted D. Masterful!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next