OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:27 pm 
King of Men

Eghad..1 more period of this disassembly....props to the Isles. I might like to see them against Tampa.....I didn't think they had a chance...but just maybe..... :beer: Noooooo! Not a believer yet. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:03 pm 
King of Men

And that's that! Good luck in the next round Chris and the Isles!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:07 pm 
Big in Japan

Bruins have a lot of free agents and a lot of cap space to work with in the offseason. It'll be interesting to see what they do with longtime Bs Rask and Krejci, but also if they'll be aggressive for other guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 pm 
Big in Japan

Isles are running a tight ship under Trotz. He's won 5 series with them since leaving Washington.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:00 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Isles are running a tight ship under Trotz. He's won 5 series with them since leaving Washington.

Six if you count the qualifying round vs Florida last year, which most people seem to include these days.

I figured last night was going to be a special game when the crowd took over singing the anthem. Props to the singer (whose name escapes me at the moment) for pulling the mic away so the crowd could be heard. At first I thought her mic cut out so the crowd took over, but she realized the whole place was singing along and gave them their moment. That's frigging awesome! Then she finished it strongly, since most people can't hold the note at the end. :lol:

I thought the New York Saints chants were pretty funny. I hope Cassidy regretted that whole line of bullshit. Isles called for 3 tonight, the Bruins for 1, giving the overall series penalty win to the Bruins, with two less penalties over 6 games. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Palmieri heard from DoPS today. I don't know what MacAvoy said to him but it clearly pissed him off and the shoulder to the jaw might get him a call.

But for all the Isles fans who bitched about Lou getting Palmieri and Zajac at the deadline instead of Hall, I hope the crow wings taste good. Palmieri has been everything advertised once the playoffs hit. And Zajac getting the first goal last night was great. So Cassidy was wrong, they aren't the NY Saints- they're the NY Devils. at times.

Pelech with a beauty of a hip check on I think Kuraly. I love hip checks. Pierre keeps saying that Pelech is a star and nobody knows it... Yeah, we've known it for a while. But I feel like Pierre is now gushing over him now that Pelech is an RFA, trying to drive the price up so the Isles can't keep him. Maybe that's just Islanders fandom; you get paranoid when someone discusses their good players. So many people have said all along they'd lose each round, and I'll admit I didn't know how they'd fare without Lee, and then without Wahlstrom as well. I'd say they're doing alright!

Nelson with 2 huge goals. Trotz said in the post-game presser that Nelson's wife had a baby during Game 4. Who knew? Nobody but their family, apparently. Even the most die-hard Isles fans didn't know they were expecting. Isles were eliminated last year on Sept 17th, so Nelson clearly had a nice welcome home. :laugh: I checked the date because I thought they were in the playoffs into Oct.

Isles-Lightning in the Conference (?), err, semi-finals, Round 2. :viking:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:48 am 
OTP Historian

Amazing!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:08 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

So Trotz has won five playoff series since coming aboard in Long Island, and not only have the Capitals not won a single one, neither has John Tavares.

McAvoy got the absolute SHIT beat outta him last night, culminating in a rather dirty reverse-hit by Palmieri.

While I didn't like what was done to McAvoy in the slightest, that does kinda feel like the Big Bad Bruins getting the script flipped on 'em. They've gamed the "game management" system for years, knowing full well they could get away with all the cheap shit they wanted to an extent, get called for some of it, but then knew they'd get power plays in return. The Isles pretty much did the same damned thing and Boston had no answer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:25 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
So Trotz has won five playoff series since coming aboard in Long Island, and not only have the Capitals not won a single one, neither has John Tavares.

McAvoy got the absolute SHIT beat outta him last night, culminating in a rather dirty reverse-hit by Palmieri.

While I didn't like what was done to McAvoy in the slightest, that does kinda feel like the Big Bad Bruins getting the script flipped on 'em. They've gamed the "game management" system for years, knowing full well they could get away with all the cheap shit they wanted to an extent, get called for some of it, but then knew they'd get power plays in return. The Isles pretty much did the same damned thing and Boston had no answer.

Yeah, but McAvoy gives Palmieri a bit of a slash there after the whistle and it looks like he says something too. I think I wrote it above but I wouldn't be surprised if Palmieri got fined for that regardless. McAvoy isn't fully innocent. There was also a very big deal made about McAvoy being the local boy but now being 100% BRUINS and BOSTON so I think the Isles were kind of annoyed by all of that.

And agreed about the script being flipped on the Bruins being the badasses in most series they've been in. I know they were without Millar who is a tough guy, but the Isles played their own game against them. And it worked.

I'd like to further point out that the Isles won 3 of those playoff rounds on the Toronto ice that Tavares left to play on.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:32 pm 

I was thinking about Tavares today. Things have not worked out quite like he thought they would have they.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:58 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
I was thinking about Tavares today. Things have not worked out quite like he thought they would have they.

If he left for 3 straight first round exits, he's not too bright. I feel bad he got hurt this year. That really sucks and as much as I hate him for the way he left the Isles, I didn't wish him harm. But seeing the Leafs vs Isles records the last 3 years sure make me grin with schadenfreude. Sorry Hounsy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:53 pm 

By the way the Isles lead the playoffs with 43 goals. BOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRrRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

Yes, I WILL keep posting shit like this until the next round stars.
:laugh:

Trotz said the Coliseum was so loud last night he was screaming things to players a few feet away and they couldn't hear him. Said he loved it. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:16 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Gotta give Lou credit--he always seems to find guys who are the perfect fit at the deadline. Didn't think much of the Palmieri and Zajac trades but they're obviously working. Zajac hasn't been a huge point producer for the Isles but he's been a great defensive presence for them so far.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:39 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Gotta give Lou credit--he always seems to find guys who are the perfect fit at the deadline. Didn't think much of the Palmieri and Zajac trades but they're obviously working. Zajac hasn't been a huge point producer for the Isles but he's been a great defensive presence for them so far.

Trotz talked about how they look for character before skill.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:45 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Chris18 wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

Trotz talked about how they look for character before skill.
Can't skate worth a damn but great in the room. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:39 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:

If I wanted to see people shit talking Leo Komarov I could go to any Isles site.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:29 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Chris18 wrote:
Logical Progression wrote:
If I wanted to see people shit talking Leo Komarov I could go to any Isles site.
:lol: