PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:08 pm 
Big in Japan

Aaaaaand the Avalanche are out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:09 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Sorry, Tommy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:10 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Sorry Tom. That sucks. I feel terrible for Nate. He's such a warrior.

Pretty sloppy game but man was that entertaining.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:25 pm 
King of Men

Sorry Tommy..I thought my poor wife was going to throw something at her TV......

Pretty good showing from the Avs overall considering the injuries. Sam Girard was victim a lot but he had a lot of ice time this series. The last play caught everybody watching and then they drew Zadorov to chase, as the Star he probably should have had backed up into the slot and had free reign.....but there were 2 other Avs hanging around as well.

Hopefully this team can address some shortcomings and by doing so I expect to see them back whenever the next season starts. D Obviously....Max Domi for this team? Might be worth it to offer a non-injury prone goaltender as well.

My bracket is completely busted now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:10 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Sorry, Tommy. Was pulling for the Avs. That may have been the problem there...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:13 pm 
Big in Japan

BTW, who the heck is Joel Kiviranta? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:55 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

the Cunning Linguist wrote:

Was pulling for a Van/Col series. :clint:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:56 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

harmfuljays wrote:
Sorry Tommy..I thought my poor wife was going to throw something at her TV......

Pretty good showing from the Avs overall considering the injuries. Sam Girard was victim a lot but he had a lot of ice time this series. The last play caught everybody watching and then they drew Zadorov to chase, as the Star he probably should have had backed up into the slot and had free reign.....but there were 2 other Avs hanging around as well.

Hopefully this team can address some shortcomings and by doing so I expect to see them back whenever the next season starts. D Obviously....Max Domi for this team? Might be worth it to offer a non-injury prone goaltender as well.

My bracket is completely busted now.

the Cunning Linguist wrote:

No worries, my friends. A part of me is actually relieved it is over. That was far and away the most stressful fucking playoff series I have ever witnessed. Just...ugh. Absolutely NOTHING made sense. I know I should be rooting for more chaotic hockey like that but...nah. Apart from games 5 and 6, that just felt like an ugly grind. The only difference between this series and your usual low-scoring grit-fest, is that there just wasn't any goaltending.

Avs went into this with depth and talent to spare, and then with injuries to Calvert, Johnson, Donskoi, Timmins, Landeskog, Grubauer, and Francouz, that depth went right out the fucking window. The team just looked banged up to hell and beyond exhausted. I think there's a reason both MacKinnon and Makar did not factor much in this final game. You gotta have some luck on your side to make a deep postseason run and the Avs...did not have that at all.

Almost all of Sakic's acquisitions who were not there last season factored into this bubble tournament. Namestnikov had two goals in this game. Kadri scored on the power play. Burakovsky was HUGE in saving the Avs' bacon once they went down 3-1. And of course, Hutchinson was good enough for the Avs to win both games 5 and 6, and NEARLY game 7. Kinda hard to fault him or Jared Bednar. There's not much you can do when your players keep dropping like flies and you're on your third goalie of the series.

It's fine. Future is sooooooo bright, I'm really excited about next season...whenever that is. Hope to God we can start going to games sometime. I would loooooooove to see this team live.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:06 am 
Big in Japan

Miro Heiskanen has points in 8 straight playoff games and logged about 25 minutes a night in this series. What an absolute stud.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:27 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

E.L. wrote:
Miro Heiskanen has points in 8 straight playoff games and logged about 25 minutes a night in this series. What an absolute stud.

Yep, between him, Hughes, and Makar the NHL is gonna be sooooooo fun the next few years.

Makes me wonder if they're already leaving Dahlin in the dust...