OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cassie Campbell
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:40 pm 
King of Men

I am going to start here and say I enjoy Cassie's analysis...way above her other panel partners. She's still struggling with delivery and I still don't like her as on the audio accompaniment but as a panel member I like her fire. She's right on and sees things the other men could only dream of seeing. Its obvious she's dialed into the game on a level they can't reach. She stuck to her guns tonight on Ron Mclean's ribbing and I totally agree with her on her BS call of even up during the 5 OT game between Tampa and Columbus.

She really pointed out something during the last Leafs game that I didn't even realize...space, speed and cycling.

Props to Cassie and while she works on her delivery her hockey knowledge is top notch and very educational! Keep breaking those barriers! Good Job!

Post subject: Re: Cassie Campbell
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:55 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Haven't really heard much of Cassie's analysis, I've always liked her insight though.

On a side note, someone who's really upped her game is A.J. Mleczko. She's been great on NBC with Anson Carter.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Haven't really heard much of Cassie's analysis, I've always liked her insight though.

On a side note, someone who's really upped her game is A.J. Mleczko. She's been great on NBC with Anson Carter.

A.J. has gotten way better in the 2 years she's been doing Isles games. Her hockey knowledge was always great but she looks far more comfortable and confident in front of the camera. It's funny when they have her and Shannon Hogan in the studio together. They look roughly the same height at first, but then you realize Shannon is standing much closer to the camera to make it look that way. Shannon has to practically turn around to look at A.J. when A.J. speaks. Short person problems... I know them well.
I forget the guy they have in the studio with Steve Valiquette for Ranger games, but they do the same thing, with Valiquette being farther back. I forgot he's 6'6"!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:40 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

:beer:
Chris18 wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

A.J. has gotten way better in the 2 years she's been doing Isles games. Her hockey knowledge was always great but she looks far more comfortable and confident in front of the camera. It's funny when they have her and Shannon Hogan in the studio together. They look roughly the same height at first, but then you realize Shannon is standing much closer to the camera to make it look that way. Shannon has to practically turn around to look at A.J. when A.J. speaks. Short person problems... I know them well.
I forget the guy they have in the studio with Steve Valiquette for Ranger games, but they do the same thing, with Valiquette being farther back. I forgot he's 6'6"!

Geez, why don’t they just put those people on a box or something? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:49 am 
King of Men

Kathryn Tappen I find to be very good. She honed her skills over on NESN and then NHL network and then made the big jump to NBC. I personally hate NBC broadcasts...and will choose to watch Sportsnet over that crap but that has nothing to do Kathryn Tappen.