OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:00 am 
Big in Japan

Wowee whatta night in Nashville. The whole city looked bananas. Rinne looked solid and the Preds dominated. All about those match ups, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:29 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Wowee whatta night in Nashville. The whole city looked bananas. Rinne looked solid and the Preds dominated. All about those match ups, I guess.

Your goalie being better than 58% helps too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:05 am 
King of Men

The Catfish, The country, the like it love it song, the you suck all your fault chanting....its all too much for me.

Nashville gets a thumbs down...... :steamingpileofcrap:

Hurry up and get this shit over with so I can watch the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:38 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

harmfuljays wrote:
The Catfish, The country, the like it love it song, the you suck all your fault chanting....its all too much for me. Nashville gets a thumbs down...... :steamingpileofcrap:
Hurry up and get this shit over with so I can watch the draft.
Amen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:13 pm 
Big in Japan

I think it's fun. Nashville has really embraced the Preds and I can't be mad about that. The NHL needs more Nashville's, if anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:19 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
I think it's fun. Nashville has really embraced the Preds and I can't be mad about that. The NHL needs more Nashville's, if anything.

Completely agree.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:37 pm 

E.L. wrote:
The NHL needs more Nashville's, if anything.
Oh I agree with this - but more about the narrative of heroes and villains and the polarization that comes with it. Just don't like their schtick. Don't think I am supposed to - they aren't my team. Imagine it were Habs v. Preds in the SCF. You'd probably want to shove a catfish up Rinne's ass. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:29 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

It looks like watching a game there would be a blast. I'm all in for it. It ain't prim and proper but hey...what fanbase is?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:18 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

We have a real series now. That is good.

As to all of Nashville's fan behaviors, they can get really old really quickly. The catfish chucking is Nashville's copying of Detroit's octopus. They do need to stop chanting "We want the Cup" before game 4 in a, soon to be tied series, is even over. They are going to jinx themselves big time. Rookie mistake. It is still 14 down, 2 to go for both teams and no one has won a road game in this series.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:31 pm 

RW wrote:
We have a real series now. That is good.As to all of Nashville's fan behaviors, they can get really old really quickly. The catfish chucking is Nashville's copying of Detroit's octopus. They do need to stop chanting "We want the Cup" before game 4 in a, soon to be tied series, is even over. They are going to jinx themselves big time. Rookie mistake. It is still 14 down, 2 to go for both teams and no one has won a road game in this series.
Totally agree. Don't tempt fate this time of year. The next game is key.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:38 pm 
Big in Japan

Logical Progression wrote:
RW wrote:
We have a real series now. That is good.As to all of Nashville's fan behaviors, they can get really old really quickly. The catfish chucking is Nashville's copying of Detroit's octopus. They do need to stop chanting "We want the Cup" before game 4 in a, soon to be tied series, is even over. They are going to jinx themselves big time. Rookie mistake. It is still 14 down, 2 to go for both teams and no one has won a road game in this series.

If they end up losing, it'll be a good learning experience for their fanbase. They'll come back humble after seeing how hard it is to win it all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:07 pm 

I love their passion but hate the exact methods. The catfish? Meh. The "you suck..." after a goal is juvenile. Chanting that Crosby sucks is overdone, and as Isles fans can tell you, will probably egg him on to play better.
That said, I'd like to see the Preds win.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:52 am 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
RW wrote:

If they end up losing, it'll be a good learning experience for their fanbase. They'll come back humble after seeing how hard it is to win it all.

Humility....definitely not something they've acquired yet. But I suppose 80 plus years of being ground into the dirt and constantly hosed by the Habs has a way of doing that......I suppose you have to enjoy your moment. They aren't exactly at the asshole level of East coast fans yet. Thumbs up for the exuberance level.....thumbs down on everything else (except Carrie Underwood).

The Hockey Gods can be cruel.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:40 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

The fanbase that comes to see Lincoln Stars games here is small, but pretty rabid. Their pregame ritual is to turn their backs when the opposing team is introduced, yelling "Who cares, you suck!" every time a player's name is announced. I find it annoying but I can appreciate the passion.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:47 pm 
King of the One-Liner

I get a kick out of fan group idiosyncrasies. I join in for a couple of the local OHL club ones come playoffs and sure I know they are stupid but don't care, having fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:31 am 

Pens crush Preds in what is becoming the home series to end all home series.....meh.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:44 am 
Big in Japan

Pens crush Preds in what is becoming the home series to end all home series.....meh.

Agreed, the predictability of the home team winning has dampened my enthusiasm for the series. Hoping the Preds hold serve.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:56 am 

Opinions on Crosby throwing a water bottle and showing Subban that his favorite song is "Bang Your Head"?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:58 pm 
King of Men

Chris18 wrote:
Opinions on Crosby throwing a water bottle and showing Subban that his favorite song is "Bang Your Head"?

What's worse? That...his 3 points or the crowd chanting Subban sucks......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:42 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

What's worse? That...his 3 points or the crowd chanting Subban sucks......

I expect Crosby to put up 3 points. I hate him but he's incredible. I also expect fans of both teams to act like idiots and chant players suck.
What I have come to expect is Crosby doing stuff like this and getting away with it.
Trevor Gillies slammed a guy's head off the ice in the minors and got 12 games. Sure, it was his xth suspension but Crosby should have a few suspensions by now, but well, he's Crosby.