OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:43 pm 
King of Men

Ridiculous game 1. Flames couldn't figure out who they wanted to be. Did they want to goon it up? Did they want to play? God knows they liked icing the puck and sitting in the penalty box. Bouma is worthless.

Ryan Getzlaf took a dump all over them and that damn guy with the beard can't be stopped!

GWG happened on a 5 man wholesale change from the Flames......is this peewee?

Way too many mistakes and a wasted effort from Elliott.......figure it out Flames! Maybe they win one in Calgary.....MAYBE.......

Let's hope they have calmed down and the next game has a bit more focus.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:15 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

harmfuljays wrote:
GWG happened on a 5 man wholesale change from the Flames......is this peewee?
Sorry but that was a line change Gullie must have learned from Willie D.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:07 pm 

This series is over. I don't see the Flames taking 4 out 5 from the Ducks but they will win game 3 at home.

The Flames could have very easily won games 1 and 2 - but they didn't -- and that's playoff hockey.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:32 am 
King of Men

Lance Bouma sucks! Gaudreau almost has too much talent for this team. He would be amazing with a Terasenko type player.

Anyway there is always this video from the Cowtown Opera for a few games. I see a split in Calgary and then win #30 in Anaheim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5YBjK8IARs

Those other rap videos are terrible! Certainly no Can't touch a flame when its red hot.

Oh so close too bad they drew the Ducks. Not mentally tough enough yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:59 pm 
King of Men

:buddha:

4-1 blown.......as I stood there at 4-2 I said to myself the Ducks are going to win this 5-4........I didn't enjoy being right.

:haha:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:46 pm 
King of Men

Rogers Broadcasters ripping Hamilton after game 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ7EYRo ... e=youtu.be

I suspected immediately that this was Eric Francis talking about how stupid Hamilton is....at least Eric has stopped writing stupid articles. He's always been a passionate Flames fellow. I can respect that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:46 pm 
King of Men

Carlyle is clearly outcoaching Gulakdfdakfjldakfdzan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:58 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

harmfuljays wrote:
Carlyle is clearly outcoaching Gulakdfdakfjldakfdzan

That's sad if true.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:02 pm 
King of Men

If there is any bright spot during this cluster fuck its the play of Sam Bennett. That dude is the balls!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:52 am 
King of Men

I WANT A BUDWEISER CUP!

http://dailyhive.com/calgary/flames-bud ... glass-2017

Looks like they are on ebay:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NHL-Calgary-Flam ... Track=true

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:24 pm 
King of Men

harmfuljays wrote:

Score! Thanks Cowpolks1/Rick from Calgary! I am sure you are on CP somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:56 pm 
King of Men

Stajan and Bouma out....Hamilton and Lazar in. At least Bouma is off the ice.

Flames should win just this one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:50 am 
Big in Japan

Flames swept. Is it a case of the Ducks being a bad matchup, or are the Ducks that good?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:21 am 
King of Men

The Ducks are damn good but Brian Elliott was f'n terrible. I also wasn't keen on the play of Bouma or Hamilton either but its hard to win when Johnny isn't doing his thing. Not impressed with Gulkasdfkadsfjlzan either. I would imagine that's the last game Elliott plays in Calgary......but they did sign Ramo....so who knows. Treliving's Honeymoon period is over as he nears the end of his contract. Hopefully they stay the course with him.

I would sign Stone but not at 4 Mil.

I thought they would win 1 game but I didn't have a lot of hope against the Ducks to begin with.....there goes the $20 Vegas bet! At least I got one of those flashing cups!

:steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:42 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
The Ducks are damn good but Brian Elliott was f'n terrible.
The Ducks certainly don't look like world beaters. Their back end is suspect - Bieksa had a terrible series. Let's see how they fare in round 2.

Elliott almost singlehandedly lost them that series. I wonder what the Flames will/can do about their goaltending in the off season? Gulutzan was outcoached. He's a good assistant but not head coach material.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:05 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

The Ducks are always suspect. Ever since Burke they've relied on a handful of players to do it all, just so happens they caught a Flames team that ain't quite ready for prime time yet.

I wouldn't be too discouraged by this if I were a Flames fan. They had to settle for some of the crap leftover from the Feaster Famine Era, and the biggest albatross (Wide Man) comes off the books, as does Smid.

The challenge for Treliving will be how to build the bottom half of that defensive corps basically from scratch. Also have to take into account that you're likely not gonna get a full 82 games from Gio.

I'm not too worried about their goaltending. At least you don't have an overpaid Russian with groin issues or two overpaid Finns with talent issues.

But one mistake I DO think needs to be rectified is behind the bench. I don't think Glen Gulutzan is a good coach, but he'll likely earn a reprieve at least until early next season. I would be curious though if they might entice Lindy Ruff to come over. This seems like a much better fit for his coaching style than the run-and-gun Stars.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:24 pm 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
The Ducks are always suspect. Ever since Burke they've relied on a handful of players to do it all, just so happens they caught a Flames team that ain't quite ready for prime time yet.

I wouldn't be too discouraged by this if I were a Flames fan. They had to settle for some of the crap leftover from the Feaster Famine Era, and the biggest albatross (Wide Man) comes off the books, as does Smid.

The challenge for Treliving will be how to build the bottom half of that defensive corps basically from scratch. Also have to take into account that you're likely not gonna get a full 82 games from Gio.

I'm not too worried about their goaltending. At least you don't have an overpaid Russian with groin issues or two overpaid Finns with talent issues.

But one mistake I DO think needs to be rectified is behind the bench. I don't think Glen Gulutzan is a good coach, but he'll likely earn a reprieve at least until early next season. I would be curious though if they might entice Lindy Ruff to come over. This seems like a much better fit for his coaching style than the run-and-gun Stars.

Yep not too discouraged. This team just isn't ready yet but they've got time and the important pieces are in place.

It WILL be nice to get Smid, Widemand and Engelland off the books. I liked the play of Stone but probably not at 4 mil a year. Brouwer needs to be dumped somewhere.

Lot of speculation over at CP regarding the next goalies for Calgary....the consensus being not Elliott........but even then I could probably be convinced to take him back if the price was right. I certainly wouldn't want Ben Bishop on a LTD. Gilles seems to be the real deal....but I heard that shit about Brent Krahn for years too.

The Flames certainly had plenty of years of piss poor scouting and mismanagement so I feel for the Avs.

I am not a big fan of Gulalkdsflakdfnafdnzan either. Lindy Ruff would be a nice fit for this group. I like it!

Not too disappointed with the outcome. Its been a long time since I had both clubs in the post season dance so I can't complain too loudly.