OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:38 pm 
Big in Japan

I assume Stammer will be back as soon as he's safely off blood thinners.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:42 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
I assume Stammer will be back as soon as he's safely off blood thinners.

Isles rookie Adam Pelech had the exact thing and was out almost 3 months. It's the sort of thing that could cause DEATH if not given the proper time to heal. It's not like coming back with a limp and being at 85%. And I'm not just saying that because I don't want the Isles to have to deal with Stamkos. I want to see him heal & have a long healthy life. In blue & orange. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:11 pm 

Well Game 3 was fun to watch, until the end. Why the fuck would you put Tavares on with 1 minute to go in a 1 goal game? He's a defensive liability. You call timeout and put put on your best defensive players, like your PK guys. 4th line even. It was like Capuano was trying to get Tavares a point out of the empty net opportunity instead of ensuring a win.

Hickey fucking crushed Drouin with an open ice hit for the ages that knocked Drouin out of the game- for a while. He came back to assist on the tying goal with 38 seconds to go in regulation. And then Hickey got fucking plastered at the blueline by Boyle, fell and was really slow to get up, while Boyle scored the OT winner with nobody covering him.

Fuck.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:17 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Hell of a game filled with some crushing physical play. It sort of felt like the Isles were in control of this one and let it slip away. Let's go Isles....get it together.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:21 am 
OTP Historian

Damn that was close :x :x

Holy shit did he ever crush him. Reminds me of Campbell on Umberger.

https://streamable.com/ap98

https://gfycat.com/IndelibleRelievedInd ... ckparakeet

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:35 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Really exciting series, love the way both these teams play.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:55 pm 

Supposedly Pulock and Strome will be scratched again tomorrow. WHAT THE FUCK??? Bernier over Strome? Brock "this is pre-season, right" Nelson? Strome wasn't bad at all, and now he'll have very good reason to play his ass off after being scratched again. Put the kid in for Bernier! He's going to be demanding a trade when the season is over if they don't give him the chance to show them what he's got. Totally fucktarded.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:22 am 
Big in Japan

Lightning bounce the Isles with ease. With Stralman coming back and maybe Stamkos too, watch out for last year's Cup finalists.

Tavares lost the battle of the 2009 lottery picks: Hedman scored a pair in the series clincher and had eight points in the five games series. A dominant performance, really.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:31 am 

E.L. wrote:
Lightning bounce the Isles with ease. With Stralman coming back and maybe Stamkos too, watch out for last year's Cup finalists.

Tavares lost the battle of the 2009 lottery picks: Hedman scored a pair in the series clincher and had eight points in the five games series. A dominant performance, really.

I'm not sure I'd say "with ease". 5 games sounds horrible for the Isles, but 2 Lightning wins were in OT. Those games could have gone either way, just like the Isles/Panthers series could have gone either way. Granted, Game 5 was a total shit show for the Isles. They went in acting like it was already over.

I thought I had posted a summary of Game 5 in here. Wonder where I put it? :lol: Getting old.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:57 am 
OTP Historian

Damn :( :x

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:58 am 
Big in Japan

Game five was a trainwreck. A freebie for the Bolts when they should be clawing for every goal.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:11 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Sorry, Chris. The Isles gave a good accounting of themselves this year.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:19 pm 

RW wrote:
Sorry, Chris. The Isles gave a good accounting of themselves this year.

Thanks.

They need a more playoff experienced vet to play with Tavares. Okposo is very good, but just never quite played up to his potential in the playoffs this year. I thought his contract year would be incredible. He struggled to hit 20 goals, despite having a 4 goal game earlier in the year. When you get 20% there in one game, you should make it pretty easily, right? I thought he'd hit 30 this year.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:55 pm 

Anders Lee said yesterday that if it went there, he could have played in Game 7. Son of a bitch!