OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:56 pm 
OTP Historian

One thing Capuano did: Played the shit out of Tavares and Okposo.

Hitchcock in game 5:
Tarasenko: 21:28, 2:10PP
Brouwer: 30:11, 3:21PP

That's how you lose yourself a game. That trend continued in game 6 and it's fucking stupid. St. Loo is deep. That doesn't mean that you run depth guys out there 50% more than a guy who's scored 14! 14! career playoff goals in 19 games!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:17 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
One thing Capuano did: Played the shit out of Tavares and Okposo.

Hitchcock in game 5:
Tarasenko: 21:28, 2:10PP
Brouwer: 30:11, 3:21PP

That's how you lose yourself a game. That trend continued in game 6 and it's fucking stupid. St. Loo is deep. That doesn't mean that you run depth guys out there 50% more than a guy who's scored 14! 14! career playoff goals in 19 games!

Yeah. I think Greiss also seriously saved Capuano's job. And of course Tavares also. I can only hope they continue their hot streaks into Tampa.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:35 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Pretty crazy that in the late game equalizer Tavares had the calm to pull that puck out from behind Luongo and make sure of it. Most guys would have just whacked at it and yeah likely still scored but still leaving that chance for it not to work out. Just an odd little thing that impressed me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:50 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Pretty crazy that in the late game equalizer Tavares had the calm to pull that puck out from behind Luongo and make sure of it. Most guys would have just whacked at it and yeah likely still scored but still leaving that chance for it not to work out. Just an odd little thing that impressed me.

Yep. I didn't even know he scored. I was too busy yelling at the TV because I thought for sure Luongo had covered up Kulemin's shot. I think Luongo had the same thought. Even on the replay, I thought Tavares should have just backhanded it in. But he knew he had the time to do it his way. Just one of the 10000 reasons he's tying and winning a series clinching game & I'm on the couch. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:37 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

Yep. I didn't even know he scored. I was too busy yelling at the TV because I thought for sure Luongo had covered up Kulemin's shot. I think Luongo had the same thought. Even on the replay, I thought Tavares should have just backhanded it in. But he knew he had the time to do it his way. Just one of the 10000 reasons he's tying and winning a series clinching game & I'm on the couch. :lol:

The kind of thing that I meant when I said this:

Quote:
Tavares around the net is simply amazing to watch.

Just amazing hands and awareness. He can hold onto the puck seemingly forever(and manages to somehow find the space to do it) to find a hole and put it in or get a better shooting angle.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:58 pm 

Bosc wrote:
The kind of thing that I meant when I said this:

Quote:
Tavares around the net is simply amazing to watch.

Just amazing hands and awareness. He can hold onto the puck seemingly forever(and manages to somehow find the space to do it) to find a hole and put it in or get a better shooting angle.

Yeah, I think I've gotten spoiled watching him for so long now. I just expect it from him. Wish the other Isles would learn from him!