OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:24 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

7-3 Bolts win. Bunting does a great job of keeping up his "the league is after me" image by elbowing Cernak in the head, causing Cernak to leave the game. Bunting gets a 5 minute major. After the game Tavares says "borderline calls are going to go their way". Borderline, okay there Johnny. :lol:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/bun ... m-the-game

Bunting's left foot is already off the ice as he throws the elbow. Even Gordie Howe would have called a major.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:46 am 
King of Men

Principal point of contact is the head.......not much to complain about here. I will admit I had a great time reading the score comments in their game chat. Something about the absolute futility and misery of this team and a whole country being let down resonates with me.

I feel bad for Butch and Hounsy but this team is going on YEAR 7 of this core.......if they can't even advance to the East Finals then they might want to rethink the core.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:41 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

What an absolute choke job--my God you guys, get it the fuck together.

Rielly served up a pizza with extra cheese in front of his own net, and I'm pretty sure that's the best scoring chance he played a part in at either end of the ice. I'll say it again--if there was a huge mistake made with this rebuild, it was thinking 44 was a legit #1 defenseman. I totally understand why they didn't just wait for a Duncan Keith or Cale Makar to be dropped into their laps but he should have determined earlier that he wasn't the answer. 1-on-1 he's one of the worst defensive players I've ever seen in the NHL.

Also, Keefe has morphed into Babcock-lite. Used his best forward--William Nylander--sparingly, ended up with less ice time than frickin' Kerfoot(!!!). And I actually like Kerfoot. He also keeps trying to make fetch happen with O'Reilly and Tavares together and IMO that line is waaaaaaaayyyyyyy too slow. Put O'Reilly with Kerfoot on the third line, put Tavares back at center with...whoever, I don't care. Probably not Bunting for obvious reasons.

We'll see what happens next game but if they can't win game two, especially if Cernak and Hedman can't go for Tampa, then this core deserves to be blown the fuck up.

Pisses me off because we all actually have a bit of a personal stake--some people could lose their jobs over this. Players and coaches need to figure it the fuck out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:05 pm 

Morgan Barry with the 75 stitches in his forehead/eye area... Holy shit. That's bad ass.
And if he doesn't go as Harry Potter for every Halloween from now on, he's missing a huge opportunity.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:05 am 

Nice bounce back game by the Leafs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:18 am 

Much better, Leafs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:40 pm 
King of Men

Great character builder out of the leafs being down big and coming back to tie it and then win in OT for a 3-1 lead.

Trying to exercise the demons!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:18 pm 

Well now, something revelatory from current Wings coach and former Tampa assistant Derek Lalonde, who's been doing (from what I hear) an absolutely brilliant job as a TV analyst.

https://twitter.com/JhanHky/status/1650693766422966272

Says Vasilevskiy is actually not good at tracking shots from the point, which to me is pretty astonishing. Really, tracking pucks through traffic from distance is an extraordinarily difficult thing to do in any event, but that's still kinda surprising given that we all assume a goalie like that has elite vision and anticipation.

If anything this makes Tampa look even smarter. They put in the research, it revealed a weakness, and they made the proper adjustments.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:24 pm 
OTP Historian

Amazing comeback and win!

There's a really cool wrinkle to this game as well but I won't spoil the surprise. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:51 am 
King of Men

19 years of 1st round futility ended! A tip of the hat to Gio for finally getting to round 2! Congrats to Butch and Hounsy and probably some other closet leaf fans. Now they need the Bruins to win so they can really exercise the demons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:08 am 
Big in Japan

The Tanner Jeannot trade was a huge mistake in the end. Dude was a healthy scratch and did nothing except poke the bears. Five picks for him?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:49 pm 
OTP Historian

Bosc wrote:
Amazing comeback and win!

There's a really cool wrinkle to this game as well but I won't spoil the surprise. :D

Welp, I thought Maureen was going to pop by but she did not! She was in Florida and her son Josh came down and suprised her with tickets to this comeback game, which is pretty amazing.