OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:41 am 
Offline
King of Men
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:26 pm
Posts: 6366
Location: Left Field
Well, that's that. I suppose I don't have to watch David Pastrnak the turnover machine anymore. Good on Ryan O'Reilly.

_________________
The mountain of truth has many levels and everyone likes to think they are at the top.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 am 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10592
Location: 'Real City
The sight of Brad Marchand in tears brought me great joy. Sorry, Bruins fans.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:28 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 21522
Don't know how Boston will deal with this championship drought. It's been a whole month or something since the city last celebrated.

I'm happy for the fans, and I'm happy for a franchise that waited over 50 years to finally win it all. My feelings are mixed on Ryan O'Reilly, but I can't deny dude earned every bit of his contract and the two pieces of hardware he picked up last night. Off-ice there were some very compelling storylines. On the ice, I just didn't find it very entertaining. Whatever the case, this season is finally, mercifully, over. And thanks to NBC stretching the postseason schedule out as far as humanly possible, the draft is NEXT WEEK! :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:07 pm 
Offline
OTP Clown
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:25 pm
Posts: 3694
E.L. wrote:
The sight of Brad Marchand in tears brought me great joy. Sorry, Bruins fans.


Same.

I don't want another Nova Scotian born hockey player to win the cup again.

Ever.

Fucking tired of these asshats.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:28 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10592
Location: 'Real City
I'm really happy for Larry Robinson, who's on the extended Blues coaching staff and gets another ring. He's on Twitter and does a lot of Montreal press and he seems like a humble, goofy guy who doesn't act like the Hall of Famer he is. Just kinda goes about his work.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:53 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9694
E.L. wrote:
I'm really happy for Larry Robinson, who's on the extended Blues coaching staff and gets another ring. He's on Twitter and does a lot of Montreal press and he seems like a humble, goofy guy who doesn't act like the Hall of Famer he is. Just kinda goes about his work.


Sound like Kawhi?

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:32 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 21522
Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:
I'm really happy for Larry Robinson, who's on the extended Blues coaching staff and gets another ring. He's on Twitter and does a lot of Montreal press and he seems like a humble, goofy guy who doesn't act like the Hall of Famer he is. Just kinda goes about his work.


Sound like Kawhi?


Board Man Gets Paid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:41 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10592
Location: 'Real City
Pokecheque wrote:
Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:
I'm really happy for Larry Robinson, who's on the extended Blues coaching staff and gets another ring. He's on Twitter and does a lot of Montreal press and he seems like a humble, goofy guy who doesn't act like the Hall of Famer he is. Just kinda goes about his work.


Sound like Kawhi?


Board Man Gets Paid.


Big Bird Man Gets Paid

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:39 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 21522
Hull's drunken speech at today's rally is now one of my all-time favorite sports moments.

"WE WENT BLUES!!!" :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:18 am 
Offline
OTP Clown
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:25 pm
Posts: 3694
I successfully didn't watch even a second of this year's finals!

And.

Raptors!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:09 am 
Offline
King of Men
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:26 pm
Posts: 6366
Location: Left Field
Pokecheque wrote:
Hull's drunken speech at today's rally is now one of my all-time favorite sports moments.

"WE WENT BLUES!!!" :lol:


Ha! He seemed to have an elevated party level all cup finals!

I have to say I wasn't too big on Layla or the Chinchilla.....hockey teams haven't typically required outside feel good stories or gimmicks. But I guess they are rallying points nonetheless and hockey players/fans can be a superstitious bunch so it seemed to work. Great......now every team is going to have their feel good cause to trumpet. Next year its going to be an LGBTQ War amputee, a 3 legged shelter dog slated for euthanasia, or some hungry kids in Africa (or LA) that had to eat their family.....I was good with the playoff beards and the quirky pre game rituals myself...but its a new age!

_________________
The mountain of truth has many levels and everyone likes to think they are at the top.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group