OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:23 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Fogghorn wrote:
My father-in-law had similar. His aorta had ballooned to 10cm diameter due to a clog when it tore. Silly git biked over to his Dr. who immediately sent him to the hospital. They managed to get him straight into surgery and he lived for another 8 years.

Holy shit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:59 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

The Final, to be played Sunday, December 18, 2022, will be Argentina v. France. Argentina beat Croatia, 3-0 yesterday and France beat Morocco, 2-0, today to both reach the Finals. There will be a Third Place match between Croatia and Morocco on Saturday, December 17, although this usually ends up being the, who gives a fuck match, I don't understand why FIFA still requires that it be played.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63868610

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63882918

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:57 pm 
King of Men

Well...that was an amazing game.....that kick save at the end was jawdropping.......

As a person who doesn't really like soccer I enjoyed it....I think the whole Penalty Kicks thing is kind of cheap in a championship game but whatever.....still a fantastic game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:22 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Lionel Messi is astounding. Happy for him and the rest of Argentina.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:31 am 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Greatest World Cup Final I've ever seen. Two immortals, Messi and Mbappe, going at it for 120 minutes, and, they're teammates on their club side, Paris St. Germaine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:59 am 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:
Well...that was an amazing game.....that kick save at the end was jawdropping.......

As a person who doesn't really like soccer I enjoyed it....I think the whole Penalty Kicks thing is kind of cheap in a championship game but whatever.....still a fantastic game.

One really good point that someone made about penalty kicks is that they are such a common part of a soccer game(as opposed to penalty shots/shootout) that its just another facet of the game to end the game. Don't want it to go to kicks? Go and score. 120 minutes is such an insane amount of time to run. I don't think you can just make them keep running.

Sounded like an absolutely incredible game. I wished I had seen it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:36 pm 

Bosc wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

One really good point that someone made about penalty kicks is that they are such a common part of a soccer game(as opposed to penalty shots/shootout) that its just another facet of the game to end the game. Don't want it to go to kicks? Go and score. 120 minutes is such an insane amount of time to run. I don't think you can just make them keep running.

Sounded like an absolutely incredible game. I wished I had seen it.

They wouldn't have to keep running the same players, you could allow more subs, start drawing upon the depth of each team to prove out the winner