OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official MMA thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:20 pm 
Neck?

Great night of fights.
Disappointed in the 6' 11" Skyscraper-come on dude with that reach you should not be that much of a pussy.
Marquardt was impressive but Silva will destroy him again in a rematch.
Maia is definitely rising up-will definitely be paying attention to his next bout.
Glad someone finally knocked Koshchek out-as PattiLa would say he is a douchnozzle.
He gets knocked out then has the nerve to pull his hand away from the ref?
Dana better show him some act right.
My quest for tickets in Montreal is over-damn thing sold out quickly and the nosebleeds were over a hundred.
WTF-harder to get than Habs tickets?
Looking forward for Rampage unleashing on Jardine.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:34 pm 
Neck?

Reminder for all other MMA fans-WEC today 9PM VS, Brown Vs Garcia, along with a host of UFC castoffs in teh undercard (Osawa, Karalexis, etc.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:51 am 
King of Men

Mike Brown is for real! for what its worth they really overhyped Leonard Garcia. It didn't help having Jens Pulver in his Grapes sweater praising Leonard because his overthehill ass got schooled by him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:19 pm 
Neck?

harmfuljays wrote:
Mike Brown is for real! for what its worth they really overhyped Leonard Garcia. It didn't help having Jens Pulver in his Grapes sweater praising Leonard because his overthehill ass got schooled by him.

Agreed-the main event ewas the most entertaining bout of the night. All the others sucked ass.

Looking forward to watchin Rampage take Jardines head off this weekend as well as Gonzaga and Carwin.

The Barn Cat will also be fighting again.

UFC also just announced the most anticipated fight of 2009 on 5/23 with Lesnar Vs. Mir 2. Fuck yeah!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:22 pm 
Neck?

Didn't realize Carwin and alot of UFC fighters are based in Denver...that matchup (v. Gonzaga)will probably be the best of the night.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:02 pm 
Neck?

Wow! Carwin absolutley destroyed Gonzaga with a right hand and Jardine actually hung in with Rampage setting up Rampage vs Evans May 23.
Mir freakin hurt his knee so his match with Brock will be postponed until July 11
Good fights-the Barn Cat struck again.
Matt Brown once again proved that Pete Sell needs to go into the WEC-he simply can't compete with UFC caliber fighters (record 8-6).
At one point Brown had knocked Sell down twice before the ref stopped the fight-Brown looked over at ref Yves Lavigne like WTF-do you want me to kill this guy before you call it?
Hamill kicked Munoz in the head and put him down.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 am 
OTP Historian

Just too funny to ignore. No idea if he's a legitimate fighter or not, but the baseball bat thing is hilarious.

http://tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=279949

Quote:
Canseco came into the arena to the song "Wild Thing" with a baseball bat on his shoulder. He took a few swings of the bat after the fight was over and was helped out of the ring by girlfriend Heidi Northcott.

Canseco, who hit 462 home runs over 17 seasons in the major leagues, has had several celebrity boxing matches since leaving baseball but has never taken on professional fighters like Choi, who improved to 2-2 in MMA.

By his acknowledgment, the baseball outcast needs the money. It's one reason why Canseco has accepted a wide variety of offbeat jobs to make ends meet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:53 pm 
King of Men

Last nights WEC rematch with Brown and Faber was awesome! Apparently Faber broke his hand after the first round and then tried to compensate by throwing elbows. IMO he would have won this fight if he hadn't hurt himself but every man needs a mountain and Brown is Urijah's.

http://twitpic.com/6w0f4

Several up and comers have been challenging UFC lately. Strikeforce and Elite XC both put on some decent shows.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:36 am 
No Longer Croozin'

G S P !!!! G S P!!!! G S P!!!! G S P!!!! G S P!!!! G S P!!!! G S P!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

F'n Awesome fights tonight,GSP in a route,Henderson knocks Bisping into next week and unfortunately Lesnar flys into another patented Roid rage and tkos Mir but all in all a pretty damn good card :mulletbutch:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:51 am 
Illegitimate Luongo Child

great fights tonite!!! GSP i don't think even got hit!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:17 am 
He of the red stockings

Supposedly, Lesnar was coerced into an "apology" by the UFC's bigwig
Said apology was somewhat less than authentic

Quote:
I'm gonna drink a cooler full of Coors Light because Bud Light won't pay me

Hilarious thing to say when your league's sponsor is Bud light
though I concur, Bud Light sucks ass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:38 pm 

his news conference after seemed forced, but he did say some funny shit

i really don't care what beer i drink! heh.

guy needs to get his WWE outta his system. The fight is the show, not the before and after crap.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:01 am 
King of Men

He was a f'n animal after he obliterated Mir. My favorite comment was when he said I may just get on top of my wife tonight....Sable seemed to like that.

Thankfully Henderson shut that f'n annoying wankers ass and gave him a shot on the deck for good measure. Belligerent Brit.

The GSP fight was easily the most boring of the night. But he did keep playing with his junk during Joe's interview.

Belcher got jobbed by the judges in his fight against Sexyama.

All in all great card..........but 5 fights for $50 is stiff and no Jim Jones fight............ :argh:

I'd much rather invest in Affliction.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:08 pm 

i wanted to see the undercard fights, there was alot of blood on the mat before the fights started!

and yah that first fight, that dude got ripped off!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:46 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

I actually thought the Japanese cat did enough to win. Rightly or wrongly (probably wrongly in this case) the judges tend to give way more credit to takedowns than leg kicks. I think he got the worst of the fight, but I see how they came up with those scores. He was a tough bastard too, took some good shots. Belcher had sick muy thai kicks (japanese dude probably couldn't walk for a week+ after that!) but surely lost points for that hideous fat albert tattoo on his arm.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:23 pm 

hahah! the entire fight we were trying to figure out who that was, one guy mentioned Johnny Cash, all brushed him off, dude Johnny Cash is white! we were shocked to hear he was right.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:47 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I'm no MMA fan but this is pretty badass...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:50 pm 
No Longer Croozin'

Av-merican wrote:
I'm no MMA fan but this is pretty badass...

:rock: awesome!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:55 pm 
Neck?

Man did I lose a ton of respect for Forest last night after he was smoked by Silva and ran out the cage like a bitch....
The Penn/Florian fight was decent, Amir got his clock cleaned by Hendricks, and the rest of the undercards pretty much sucked (Kendall Grove fight included).
Not really excited about UFC102 cards-103 appears better.
I am looking forward to see the next Cain Velasquez fight after he beat Kongo he has to be a fight away from Brock.
Also it will be interesting to see how Kimbo does in the next Ultimate Fighter...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:09 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Forrest got humiliated, big time. That floppy fall from a jab and then basically tapping - ouch.

He also ran from the ring after he lost to Jardine.

Fans love him though so he'll be back, but we'll see if he can really come back from humiliation like that.

Kenny Florian tried to use the GSP gameplan against BJ. Sorry K-Flo, but you are no GSP. That was weak in my opinion, I think he would have had a better chance if he came out banging and tried to win with superior muy thai.

Undercard was boring, Kendall looked terrible, he barely even threw any strikes when he had the chance. Kendall is probably gone from the UFC soon, he seems to be getting worse instead of better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next