OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Official MMA thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:40 pm 
King of Men

I bet you weren't disappointed Hammer. That Silva fight was amazing.....I was all peppered up on Bud Light Lime and in quite a bit of disbelief at the outcome. I might have to rewatch it tonight.

Santos should have taken out Nelson period. Fat guys everywhere line up to train at the Dojo. No Way Santos stands a chance against Lesnar. He should fight Carwin next.

Hughes looked great for his age.

I think there were some other fights but like I said I was enjoying Bud light Lime so......I have to rewatch it.

I am going to WEC 51 out here in Broomfield CO.....f'n card is stacked.

Faber pulled out of this card to sell WEC 52 in Sacramento but Mike Brown is in.

http://www.wec.tv/index.cfm?fa=eventDet ... d&eid=3645

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:08 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Ya man it was awesome. I will definitely go to more UFCs it is a phenomenal show. Definitely if they come back to Bay Area again and seriously thinking about going down to Anaheim for UFC121 or Vegas for GSP vs. Koscheck whenever it happens. My wife loved it too. Our seats were right by where the fighters walk out it was cool, and lots of the big guns were near us in the crowd (randy, chuck, velasquez, diaz bros). Also cool to see Dana walking around and guys like Buffer and Rogan. Passed by Royce Gracie on my way to the beer line too.

Great fights, that title fight was obviously nuts and cool to see Matt Hughes win like that he was so happy after that fight. I used to not like him back in the day but tough to not root for him now. Some great undercard fights too. Fitch/Alves was a bit of a drag otherwise pretty much all great fights.

I hear you about re-watching the Silva fight, I was pretty lit up by that point it was hard to believe that all really happened.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:39 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I'm no fan of MMA, but if THIS is what their ring girls look like I may have to start watching.

Warning: NSFW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:05 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Part 1/3

Part 2/3

Part 3/3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:36 pm 

Maybe Dana White is right. :lol:

Quote:
25. Knowing World Series of Poker Champion Jonathan Duhamel is a huge Canadiens fan, the Maple Leafs offered to have him drop the puck at next Saturday's game between the two teams in Toronto. Duhamel declined. Why? He's got tickets to see George St. Pierre in Montreal that night.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:40 pm 
Neck?

While this past weekends UFC bouts were not the greatest (I was really looking forward to seeing Bisping laid out again) at least one was hilarious. In one bout a fighter goes over to the ref after getting clocked in the face and asks him whats in his eye to which the ref replies its your eyelid :haha:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:04 pm 
Neck?

Missed this past weekends fight and was surprised to see Bones Jones beat Shogun the way he did. Not bad for a 23 year old kid who chased down a robber two hours before the biggest fight of his career...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 am 
King of Men

I've been watching Bones since the beginning. He's f'n unbelieveable and the next big thing. He is going to own Rashad Evans ass just like he did Shogun. Jim Miller was impressive as well. Krocop is just an old glass jaw at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:41 pm 
Neck?

WTF was Dana thinking for this season's TUF coaches? Cock Lesnar who has 7 MMA fights total and Dos Santos who doesn't habla?
Plus these guys are heavyweights coaching welters?
Guess it really doen't matter I mean Rampage after all was a coach (worst coach in history but definitely made the show that season).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:29 am 
King of Men

Memorable Rampage coaching quotes....."Get Up"......."Hit Him." Thanks dumb ass.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:29 pm 
Neck?

harmfuljays wrote:
Memorable Rampage coaching quotes....."Get Up"......."Hit Him." Thanks dumb ass.

Dude come on-obviously the most memorable "how you gonna move the moon?" and "he got a big ole belly" both in reference to Roy Nelson. And of course there was the constant ribbing of "Man Titties"...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:38 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

BLUE wrote:
WTF was Dana thinking for this season's TUF coaches? Cock Lesnar who has 7 MMA fights total and Dos Santos who doesn't habla?
Plus these guys are heavyweights coaching welters?
Guess it really doen't matter I mean Rampage after all was a coach (worst coach in history but definitely made the show that season).

Agreed on all counts. Total shaft for the guys on the show.

Brock Lesnar sure loves him some chicken salad! The way he goes on about it I am guessing either his wife or mom must make some insanely good chicken salad.

Did anybody catch Diaz vs. Daley on Strikeforce last weekend? It was one of the best fights I have ever seen!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:14 am 
King of Men

hammer wrote:

Did anybody catch Diaz vs. Daley on Strikeforce last weekend? It was one of the best fights I have ever seen!

No but I heard about it. I downloaded it and put in on my phone so i can watch it on the plane tomorrow. Strikeforce is f'n up with this Heavy Weight tournament. How do you have a tournament that lasts all year with months in between!? I call bullshit!

I am just not that into GSP/Shields. I don't really give Shields much of a chance here. I am trying to buy the hype but not so much.

I haven't watched the new season of TUF yet. When they really started to show house interactions a few seasons ago I tuned out. I could care less about how meat heads treat each other. I want to see fights!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:38 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

harmfuljays wrote:
I haven't watched the new season of TUF yet. When they really started to show house interactions a few seasons ago I tuned out. I could care less about how meat heads treat each other. I want to see fights!

Ya I dvr it and fast forward to training and fights. They really need to show more of the training and less house drama. There have been a couple decent fights this season - not high skill level but good action and heart.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:41 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Wow, no one has posted in here in a while.

Dog vs War Machine is an actual thing that is happening:

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/12/59967 ... ine-arrest

Goes without saying, but War Machine is truly one massive piece of shit.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:10 pm 
King of Men

I still watch fights on a very consistent basis. Unfortunately over the years the talent base has been consolidated and Dana White has run a very tight shop. The GSPs, Silvas and Fabers are gone. There seem to be very few quality fights and the UFC has leaned heavily on PPV and a multitude of cable outlets over reaching themselves.

They ride their champs like Jon Jones way too hard and alienate them in the process.

The fight game itself seems to have reached its peak within the limits of the UFC. Its rife with controversial decisions and bad officiating. What's needed is again a true competitor to make the UFC step up their game. Otherwise it seems to be lame competition recycled to make a buck. In all reality the UFC would do well to bring in new management blood and put White into a purely administrative role away from the cameras.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:30 pm 

This pretty much sums up my view on the upcoming Mayweather/MacGregor fight.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/voices/articl ... trash-talk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:16 am 
King of Men

Quite honestly I take more enjoyment in the Eastern Masters who are trying to defend their arts.

This Wing Chun Master Flores is from Montreal and has been wandering around challenging different Eastern masters. Listen......there is a reason UFC has weight classes. All the ninja stuff in the world isn't going to protect you from a 75 lbs or 6 inch weight height difference. Maybe the little guy gets lucky but the odds are heavily stacked against him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_HRwJ6KL-Y

Here is another one from Xu who is a Chinese MMA fighter that called out just about everyone in Asia.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUOXGQ0MqP0

and then there is this bizarre Kiai which is some magic shit...that apparently doesn't work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I

Martial Arts are just that.....arts and disciplines. One is not always better than another that's why MMA fighters train in many different disciplines so they can be the most well rounded fighters possible. MMA is fighting period. Its not confined to individual arts.

The Mayweather/McGregor fight isn't very interesting to me...its a novelty and a way of making 100 Million each. Will I watch it? If I can but not sure how Connor keeps himself in check.

Anyway.....with the current state of the UFC I have had to entertain myself elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:28 pm 

Heart warming story

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... oronavirus