All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA playoffs 2020
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:06 pm 
OTP Clown

The Bucks decided not to play

Boston and Toronto likely won't play.

Other teams are boycotting to.

I'm so proud of these men

Unlike the people who play hockey. Logan whatever the fox name is from San Jose that piece of s*** got punched in the face in Toronto because he said that he would vote for Trump if he was in America. I really don't like many hockey players or the culture of hockey. I don't understand why I spend my time watching these right-wing Christian pieces of s*** play this f****** game because I am so f****** sick to death of the human garbage that is the NHL.

Post subject: Re: NBA playoffs 2020
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:30 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Should be noted that the WNBA has been leading the charge the entire time--women who make a fraction what the men make have been making the biggest sacrifices and the loudest cries for justice.

Very proud of these players, who are striking and using their power for good. Now we'll see if it has a lasting effect.

As always, very disappointed in the weak-ass initial response from my favorite sport. They're tryin' to make up for it now but it's too little too late.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:15 am 

Pokecheque wrote:

As always, very disappointed in the weak-ass initial response from my favorite sport. They're tryin' to make up for it now but it's too little too late.

I'm not surprised or terribly concerned that hockey lags behind. I think its to be expected. The NBA players have the greatest economic agency of any the 4 big professional sports and that creates room for players to challenge the status quo when they have less to fear from the system for having a voice (I'm looking at you NFL and your treatment of Kapernick). The NBA is also large majority black and American so has a very intimate and personal understanding of the issues. With those things in mind I'd be very, very surprised if they didn't lead.

On the other had the WNBA has the least economic agency of all players. Major appreciation for their strength and conviction.

Old Roman quote, "give them bread and games." Is entertainment just a soporific that keeps us all from focusing on what is really wrong. If covid had not shut down sports this spring would BLM protests have been as significant an awakening as they have been?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:28 am 
OTP Clown

Thanks Denver!

Kawhi sad. Kawhi picked the wrong team.

That Canadian guy can hoop!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:56 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

FUCK

YES

I cannot believe they pulled that off. This is an even bigger upset than when they beat the Bucks waaaaaay back when Dikembe Mutombo was still on the team. And they had to come back from 3-1 deficits TWICE in order to do it.

Hell yes, that kid from Kitchener sure can play. So can that big kid from Serbia. I do love that they're a very unique team that literally runs their offense through their center. I don't think there's ever been a big like Nikola Jokic before, and I don't think they'll ever be one again.

If they can somehow disrespect The King and the Lakers, then...holy shit...