OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2020 Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:09 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:
New Mets GM Jared Porter admitted he sent dick pics to a woman journalist. Mets gonna Mets.

Someone on Twitter pointed out it took Kim Ng 30 years to attain the position Porter holds now.

Well the only thing Porter is holding now is his dick. Mets fired him this morning.

My flow chart to sending dick pics:

Did the potential recipient ask for them?

No- Don't send dick pics.
Yes> But am I in a relationship with someone else?
Yes- Do not send dick pics.
No- Maybe send dick pics. There's still a lot to consider, like your career, reputation, future relationships, public humiliation of being a dick pic sender, etc.

Pretty simple, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:18 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Pretty sure even if a woman asked for a pic of my junk, I still wouldn't send it.

Apparently dude's defense in sending the dick pic is that it wasn't his dick. :eng101: :jerkbag:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:19 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Pretty sure even if a woman asked for a pic of my junk, I still wouldn't send it.

Apparently dude's defense in sending the dick pic is that it wasn't his dick. :eng101: :jerkbag:

So he sent in a replacement dick? That's a great way to win over a woman. "Here's someone else's dick! I wish mine looked like this."

And I agree about not sending a dick pic even if requested. That's why I said maybe... So many bad things can happen from that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:56 pm 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

So he sent in a replacement dick? That's a great way to win over a woman. "Here's someone else's dick! I wish mine looked like this."

And I agree about not sending a dick pic even if requested. That's why I said maybe... So many bad things can happen from that.

Second dick is the new second shooter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:02 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

Second dick is the new second shooter.

That's a dirty joke.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:34 pm 
Big in Japan

Jays sign George Springer. Great move for them, he's a professional hitter who should age well. Won't really matter if his running and fielding go south.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:32 pm 

I know I'm in the minority but I hope this universal DH thing doesn't become a permanent thing. I hate it in the National League.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:42 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
I know I'm in the minority but I hope this universal DH thing doesn't become a permanent thing. I hate it in the National League.

I'm an NL purist too, but I'll also say having the DH last year never felt like that huge of a difference. It seems inevitable it will be added in the next CBA and I'm resigned to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:30 pm 

That sucks. I love it when a pitcher surprises everyone and gets a big hit. One of my favorite Rockies games was against the Giants at Coors waaaaay back when. Roger Bailey pitched an amazing game and got the game-winning triple.

I know the naysayers will say "BuT WhAt AbOUt Al LeItER!?!?!?" Yes, I know he sucked royally at the plate, but for every Al Leiter, there's a guy like Mike Hampton who isn't bad at it.

Also, it makes for some tough tactical choices for the team. The manager has to decide in some situations whether to keep the pitcher in, or substitute a pinch hitter/runner. I like that.

I like that the DH exists in one league and not the other, it makes baseball very unique, and really, baseball is in many ways a very unique sport. But yes, I think we're well on our way to universal DH, and I hate that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:08 am 

I feel like teams should be able to DH for any one player. Like if you have a shortstop who is defensively incredible but can't hit for shit, you can DH for him and have your pitchers bat. That way the fans get the max entertainment, which is what this is really all about.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:59 pm 
Big in Japan

The union has rejected the MLB's offer of the universal DH and expanded playoffs for next season, which is weird to me because you'd think they would want the extra DH spots and more playoff bonuses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:47 pm 
Big in Japan

JT Realmuto becomes the highest paid catcher in annual salary in baseball history with his new contract with the Phillies: 23.1M per over 5 seasons. It tops the 23M Joe Mauer made way back when.

He's the best catcher in baseball, so no surprise. He was also an obvious fit to return to the Phils. They had no other catcher and with the Mets signing McCann the only place willing to pay for JTR.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:34 am 
Big in Japan

Nobody elected to the Hall. Bonds, Clemens, Schilling and Vizquel all stalling for character reasons. Schill asked to be removed from his tenth ballot next year in an act of self-cancelling. Fuck off, bro.

Meanwhile, the As keep being cheap, losing Semien to TO and platoon king La Stella to SF.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:49 pm 
Big in Japan

Finally happened: the Rox traded Arenado to St. Louis and gave them 50M for the pleasure. Nolan gets to keep his opt out, but St. Loo has a habit of keeping guys around.

MLB isn't bound by a hard cap, and it makes me sad that some franchises just don't give a shit about fielding a competitive team. No reason the Rox and so many other teams can't try to be good, but there's just no motivation. It sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:21 am 

I hope Jeff Bridich comes down with a case of dysentery. God dammit I am so fucking enraged about this trade. And sadly, even if that Harvard-educated piece of shit gets the boot, the biggest issue is Dick Monfort. Truly one of the laziest owners in sports history. He treats the Rockies and their venue as his own little clubhouse and bar and spends only on the players that he knows make him money. The fact that Bridich is in zero danger of losing his job despite being an objectively horrible general manager tells you all you need to know.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:27 pm 
Big in Japan

Trevor Bauer uses the (rosin) bag to secure the (money) bag: 102M over three years to his hometown Dodgers. 40M salary in 2021 and 45M salary in 2022 with opt outs both seasons. Highest paid player per season in baseball, minus to long-term security.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:38 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Trevor Bauer uses the (rosin) bag to secure the (money) bag: 102M over three years to his hometown Dodgers. 40M salary in 2021 and 45M salary in 2022 with opt outs both seasons. Highest paid player per season in baseball, minus to long-term security.

As you stated on Twitter, I'm pissed an misogynist asshole like him got paid like this, but also happy that his agent Rachel Luba got to be a power player in all this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:03 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

As you stated on Twitter, I'm pissed an misogynist asshole like him got paid like this, but also happy that his agent Rachel Luba got to be a power player in all this.

She seems cool! Successful arbitration attorney, boxer, 27-year-old flaming red haired super agent who secured the highest single year salary for a dude who isn't the best pitcher in baseball in a pandemic year. She's gonna be the next Boras.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:02 am 
Big in Japan

Can't believe how badly things went south for Benintendi in Boston. Looked like a superstar in 2018. Lost a bit of foot speed and suddenly he's shipped out to KC.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:04 pm 
Big in Japan

The Giants are building a very unique pitching staff. Likely the product of not having any good starters who can go deep. They signed a bunch of one-pitch relievers: wipeout slider guys, fastball pumpers, dudes with tricky release points.

I think the plan to have these guys pitch through the order once, no one overstaying their welcome. Scratch and claw to nine innings after the starters go 4-5. Except Gausman, he's pretty good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next