OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 MLB Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:46 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Trevor Story with three homers last night to reach 30, win the game, and get the sweep against the Giants. One of them was the farthest-traveling home run on record since they started using StatCast to track them.

I'm sure I'm gonna jinx it here, but this is the farthest the Rox have made it into the season in first place. All with the worst run differential of any team still in the mix. They're getting it done with PITCHING...

Beat Stanton in 2016 by one foot!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:35 am 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
They're saying on SXM Radio that Harper was put on waivers and claimed by the Dodgers, then pulled him back.

I'm guessing the Rox stick with what they have. If anything, they send someone down to make room for Matt Holliday, who's been busy working his way back up through the minors.

Just beat the damn Dodgers for me. Arizona and Colorado in the playoffs would be fun.

I'm still preparing myself for hearbreak. This Rockies team has talent to spare but are also extraordinarily erratic. I could still see them stumbling down the stretch, even though they just ran a gauntlet of sorts the past month and dominated.

Prophetic...but that's Rockies baseball.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:37 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

harmfuljays wrote:
Prophetic...but that's Rockies baseball.

Yep, and it don't get more "Rockies" than the star shortstop getting injured at the worst possible time. Thankfully Trevor Story didn't suffer any actual ligament damage in his elbow, if he had they say the timetable for recovery is a year, and maybe not ever.

But yeah...I can accept them faceplanting the whole season, they've done that a bunch of times. But to have a record-setting run like this only to fall short of the fucking Dodgers would just be gut-wrenching.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:03 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Red Sox clinch the AL East at Yankee Stadium for the 2nd time in 3 years. :x Everybody has known this was coming since July, but it really pisses most Yankee fans off that it happened officially on their turf. I find it kind of funny.
But the Yankees chokehold on the AL Wild Card home field advantage is in the shitter. 1.5 game lead over Oakland with 10 games left. Time to get your shit together so you don't have to fly all the way to Oakland for the 1 game crap shoot! Oakland has 9 games left. Plenty of time to overcome a 1.5 game lead. Yankees still have another series vs Boston, so it's not getting easier for them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:00 am 
King of Men

Chris18 wrote:
Red Sox clinch the AL East at Yankee Stadium for the 2nd time in 3 years. :x Everybody has known this was coming since July, but it really pisses most Yankee fans off that it happened officially on their turf. I find it kind of funny.
But the Yankees chokehold on the AL Wild Card home field advantage is in the shitter. 1.5 game lead over Oakland with 10 games left. Time to get your shit together so you don't have to fly all the way to Oakland for the 1 game crap shoot! Oakland has 9 games left. Plenty of time to overcome a 1.5 game lead. Yankees still have another series vs Boston, so it's not getting easier for them.

Oh...they did end up winning last night...wow too bad I missed that one.... I watched not last nights game but the 2nd game. That Severino guy on the Yankees is amazing....still hurling 100MPH with accuracy into the 6th inning. He started losing it right around there but to have a 100 plus pitch effort and still be bringing that kind of pitching is impressive.

Sox appear to be coasting at this point.

I find all Yankees misfortunes funny......I can at least socialize with Yankees fans but I am certainly not sympathizing with them!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:44 pm 
Big in Japan

Gibby fired as Jays manager. Fall guy for a bad roster. Atkins/Shapiro can keep trying to cheap their way out of the competitive AL West.

Also, Evans fired as Giants GM. Could honestly see them moving in the fence in right centre, giving Harper 400M$ and bringing in a new age GM.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:03 am 

Yankees win 100 games- and get the Wild Card. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:41 pm 

Thank you, Giants, for taking game 162 off. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:36 pm 

Fuck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:15 pm 
Big in Japan

Cubs/Rox and A's/Yanks plays the WC games.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:19 pm 

God, baseball is so goddamned cruel. One PB error by Wolters (who I don't think should've been playing) and just like that, the Dodgers go up 2-nil. They were SO CLOSE to winning their first-ever NL West title!

Oh well, better to be in this position than not at all I guess, but yesterday still sucked.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:01 pm 
Big in Japan

I like Milwaukee's chances of escaping the NL. Yelich is putting up monster numbers at the right time and they have some elite bullpen arms.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:08 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
I like Milwaukee's chances of escaping the NL. Yelich is putting up monster numbers at the right time and they have some elite bullpen arms.

But man...I do not want Ryan Braun getting a sniff of any kind of postseason success.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:37 pm 

Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:

But man...I do not want Ryan Braun getting a sniff of any kind of postseason success.

Ditto.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm 

Yankees win wild card game, 7-2.
The only thing I don't like about the Yankees playing the Red Sox is that it's a 5 game series. Lame. Should be 7.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:45 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Let's go Yanks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:21 am 

I don't like the one-and-done thing and I don't like the best-of-five, but I also realize the last thing baseball should do is make the season/postseason even longer.

Hit the fucking ball, Rox. Arenado is struggling at the plate, and has been more or less for the past month or so, and both David Dahl and Trevor Story look nervous as all hell at the plate right now, playing WAY over-aggressive and swinging at everything.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:06 pm 

Shame about the Rockies but this year wasn't viable. They should just do best of 7's 'round the horn.

Dodgers are in tough tonight against the Braves and Gausman having control troubles -- it's now 5-2 Braves top 3rd.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:52 pm 

Fuckin' Braves and their stupid chants. Very resilient team though with a bright future.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:13 am 

BTW, what's the deal with the public ski goggle celebrations after a first round victory? All about celebrating the wins but geez this is a bit ridiculous.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next