OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:33 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... st-wickets

Apparently it's never been done before, and he did it on the last ball he threw in his career. This would be really cool if I knew what the fuck happened.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:38 am 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

He smacked the three little sticks behind the batsman with the ball, which gets him out, which is a really big deal in cricket, unquestionably the dullest game on earth.

My favorite line is this:

Mike Selvey wrote:
As I write, I have in front of me a keyring in the shape of a miniature cricket ball which commemorates Courtney Walsh's then Test record of 519 wickets.

Wouldn't the shape of a miniature cricket ball just be a sphere? Aren't all spheres basically the same thing? How does he know it's not a miniature squash ball or lacrosse ball or the planet Mercury?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:07 am 

Jyrki21 wrote:
He smacked the three little sticks behind the batsman with the ball, which gets him out, which is a really big deal in cricket, unquestionably the dullest game on earth.

saskhab wrote:
This would be really cool if I knew what the fuck happened.

I was wrong. This still isn't cool.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:48 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Jyrki21 wrote:

My favorite line is this:

Mike Selvey wrote:
As I write, I have in front of me a keyring in the shape of a miniature cricket ball which commemorates Courtney Walsh's then Test record of 519 wickets.

Wouldn't the shape of a miniature cricket ball just be a sphere? Aren't all spheres basically the same thing? How does he know it's not a miniature squash ball or lacrosse ball or the planet Mercury?

Actually a cricket ball has a seam down the centre of it that sticks out, so you can identify it. When I first got down here I went to a bar and they had a game on the big screen and I said what a waste of a big screen it was yadda yadda... might as well be watching paint dry, but I have no trouble watching it now although the 50-50 and 20-20's are much easier to watch and a lot more exciting then the tests.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:13 pm 
Chaser, Wearer of Skirts

I used to watch the Jamaicans play cricket when I was a kid in Toronto. Never understood completely, but I still like watching it, but then again that's like never.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:38 am 

So, uh, any of your customer service inquiries won't be answered today, just so you know. The whole sub-continent is shut down for India-Pakistan. Winner plays Sri Lanka and wins the World Cup.

Canada even won a match this year, beating Kenya! We finished 12th of 14 teams.

I also know that there was a tie game this year, between India and England, which is ridiculous. Not the concept of a tie, but that it actually happened in cricket.

Of all the 14 countries participating in the World Cup, only Holland was not a British colony at one point.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:04 pm 

Going to a cricket match today, Australia vs. Sri Lanka at the MCG which seats a comfy 100k. I've got super-nosebleeds for this one.

Also, Bassment Jaxx are playing a DJ set at halftime. I don't understand this at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:15 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/1 ... 01883.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:29 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

saskhab wrote:
Going to a cricket match today, Australia vs. Sri Lanka at the MCG which seats a comfy 100k. I've got super-nosebleeds for this one.

Also, Bassment Jaxx are playing a DJ set at halftime. I don't understand this at all.

Drink lots of beer and it will all be right - sorry it's all over now, We won I hear, hope you enjoyed, kinda thought you were home by now