OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:28 pm 
Loves The Cock

MrBumpNgrind wrote:
razzmatazz wrote:
there are a lot of big cities in the us that support aaa baseball, even though its not the top level..

and bumpy, i'd much rather watch a game out at the nat than the caps play 90 minutes and end up "nil-nil", yet again...

what a fucking snoozefest...

better then 9 innings of snoozefest

or 18 holes...

lots happens in 9 innings of baseball... its the same argument soccer pundits make with the "90 minutes" they endure... yet eschew when it comes to America's game...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:20 pm 
Chaser, Wearer of Skirts

Watching my brother stoned out of his mind, trying to ride a miny trycicle down the third baseline, get there, put his head on a baseball bat and spin around ten times then try to run back to home plate. That was entertainment.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:34 am 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

:haha:

For the second straight year, the Vancouver Whitecaps are very close to ensuring that Toronto FC, the only MLS team in a three-team tournament, will not earn the lone Canadian spot in the CONCACAF Champions' League.

Last year, a win and draw by Vancouver against TFC granted Montreal the opportunity to participate. (Both Vancouver and Montreal are in the second-tier USL, and the Toronto fans in their extreme class chanted "USL! USL!" as their high and mighty MLS team proceeded to lay an egg to Vancouver last year).

Montreal still owes Vancouver a favor for last year, though, when the Whitecaps did the hard part against Toronto for them. The Impact have thus far gone 0-3 in the tournament -- all the news reports seemed to take it for granted that this ensured Toronto the title before last night's game. All the Impact need do now is not lose by 4 goals in the June 18 game against Toronto, which I might make a point to attend. If they lose by 3 or less, then Vancouver seals it.

As Vancouver Whitecaps head coach Teitur Thordarson was doing a celebratory flip on the pitch, Toronto FC head coach Chris Cummins was heading back to an explosive losers' locker room.

The TFC players, fresh off a 2-0 defeat before a standing-room crowd of 5,688 at Swangard Stadium on Tuesday, began infighting after the crushing loss in the Nutrilite Canadian Championship. Cummins fanned their flames.

The result means that TFC, Canada’s only team in Major League Soccer, the continent’s premier professional league, must now defeat the Montreal Impact by four goals in the finale of the Canadian championship. Anything less, and the Whitecaps will add the Voyageurs Cup, named for Canada’s national soccer supporters group and presented to the tournament champion, to its United Soccer Leagues First Division title from last year.

TFC visits Montreal’s Saputo Stadium on June 18 to conclude the three-team, six-game tournament. The Impact, eliminated from the 2009 tournament after three consecutive defeats, are the defending Canadian champion.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:44 pm 
Illegitimate Luongo Child

great game last night for the caps! watch most of the second half!

Go impact!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:33 pm 

1-0 Impact on a penalty kick!

Now TFC needs five goals to qualify... even the Vancouver sports fan in me doesn't think they'll do it.

Ooh, damn well nearly 2-0 on a nice cross...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:49 pm 

Holy shit, I should have known better. :chairshot:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:57 pm 

this is nuts! 5-1! jesus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:08 pm 

Apparently the Montreal fuckers were resting players, too, for -- wait for it -- their Saturday game against the Whitecaps.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:47 am 
Loves The Cock

good, anything that fucks the infighters over is music to my ears...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:23 am 

that was embarrassing.

i hope the caps dominate on saturday!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:30 am 

razzmatazz wrote:

Wait, you have a vendetta against the Whitecaps too?

The frustrating part is that Montreal only qualified last year because the Whitecaps did all the dirty work for them against Toronto. Way to repay, jerks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:41 pm 
Working for the Weekend

I saw the hilights , thats bunk. Whether it was a chickenshit move or legit.. either way the Impact should feel shame and the Whitecaps should verbally rip them a new one all night long.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:18 pm 

watching the impact/caps game now. Its funny how the cbc aren't even mentioned the debacle on thursday. only saying "the impact should be tired from playing thursday"

uhh no they won't, they didn't play there starting roster!! numbnuts!

anyways 2-nil Impact right now. grr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:27 pm 
Loves The Cock

Jyrki21 wrote:
razzmatazz wrote:

Wait, you have a vendetta against the Whitecaps too?

The frustrating part is that Montreal only qualified last year because the Whitecaps did all the dirty work for them against Toronto. Way to repay, jerks.

more a frustration, really. the caps have combined with bc soccer and are trying to take over the development of the elite youth in this province. in theory this would be a good thing, because kerfoot has a ton of money to dump into the project. but in practice, the whitecaps turn kids into players that can dribble in a phonebooth and do fuck all else. they return to their "club" teams unwilling to pass to their peasant teammates, and wanting to go 1 on 5 whenever possible. one of my coaches frequently remarks, "they sure know how to ruin a kid", and he's right...

so, the vendetta is because the whitecaps are pushing an envelope re development that takes it away from those who are doing good things - my coaches, for instance - and gives it to those who are simply in it for the cash - caps and bc soccer...

$3300 for a player to play on the provincial team this year... which runs for exactly 3 months...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:47 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

In one of the the biggest upsets in world football competition ever, the United States defeated the heavy favorite, and European Champion, Spain, 2 - 0, in the semi finals of the Confederations Cup. Spain is one of the early favorites to win the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. The US will face either Brazil or Italy in the Finals. A big step forward for US futbol.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8114585.stm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:57 pm 

yah when i saw that i had to rub my eyes, couldn't believe it. 35 matchs straight without losing and they lose to the US.

I'm looking forward to watching Spain next year in SA, they are a very exciting young team!!!

also, its actually Brazil or RSA as Brazil spanked the Wops last match!! :argh: :argh:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:48 am 

I've merged this with the MLS thread, since that was mostly about non-MLS soccer anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:34 pm 

That's fine Ian. I started the new thread becasue I wanted a non MLS thread. I've become a huge fan over the last year of Euro futbol. I got the Fox Soccer Channel, as a bonus for getting the NHL network, which gives me three to four English Premier League games, an equal number of Italian Serie A games and a bunch of Spanish La Liga games every week. They don't have the Bundes Liga, Ligue 1 or the others but I can stream any games I really want to see through the puter. I hated MLS football because the play, to be bluntly honest, sucked. I didn't pay much attention to the rest of thre world's leagues as a result. I was wrong. wrong, wrong. I now know why it is called the Beautiful Game. My eyes have been opened WIDE by watching Euro futbol. Lionel Messi, Kaka, Fernando Torres, Renaldo, etc, etc... I don't even watch US Football anymore. Saturday and Sunday mornings / afternoons from August through late May are booked solid, and the World Cup is played next summer. Who hoo....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:41 pm 

RW, i see this as the beginning of a long beautiful friendship my man! Not in the farang/razz type of way!!

I get Setanta Sports, which is plays all the premiere weekend matches. Saturday mornings are not just for Cartoons anymore!!

im stoked for next year! and me and a few buddies are making plans to go to brazil for 2014! as one of them is from there and still has a home! booyah!

My Teams:

English - Tottingham, i refer them as the Canucks of the sports world, sucked alot, had alot of great teams, but never has won!

Italy - I don't specify which, as i tend to watch them all, but i tended to lean toward Inter as i have family in Milan and when i was there in 2003 i couldn't help but get caught up in the rivalry

Spain- Barca! woot! who just won!!!

thats about as much as i have time for, i don't pay much attention to German leagues unless one of the powerhouse is in the finals.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:56 pm 

Excellent. My teams are...

English: Liverpool FC - My main team. I am now an RW scouser. Go Reds!!!

Italian: AC Milan - I really like Kaka.It loks like he's headed for Real Madrid though. I'll have to re-sort and maybe get a new team when they finish up the summer transfer season.

Spanish: Barca. Messi is the greatest. He absolutely demolished Man. Utd in the Champions League Finals in Rome. I watched the whole game, blew off work, couldn't concentrate even when I was at work.

I'd love to go see a World Cup in Brazil in 2014.

On a side note. I met some futbol fans at the Stanley Cup Finals. One was a Chelsea fan at Cobo Joe's the other was a Lionel Messi, Barca fan in the concourse of JLA during game 1 of the SCF's. We talked futbol while the SCF were being played.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next