OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:02 pm 
Illegitimate Luongo Child

i taped the game, couldn't watch it as my work doesn't allow for free time b/w 6am and 5pm. but the game got ruined for me as im walking to my car someone mentioned the score to their coworker, was soooooooooo upset! watched it anyways. but yah he was unreal. Hes going to be fun to watch next year with argentina.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:06 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Yes he will. On top of that, fortunately, Barca is on heavy play on Fox Soccer Channel so I'll get to see a lot of him there too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:10 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Aren't Argentina on the brink of elimination from the World Cup? I thought I heard that like 2 weeks ago.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:15 pm 

you thinking the U-20 team?

or Confederation Cup?

i don't think they have been from 2010.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:17 pm 

They are the 4th place S. American team right now which qualifies them for an automatic bid to the World Cup. If the fall to 5th they will have to play a home and away playoff with the 4th place N. American team to qualify.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/southamerica/standings/index.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:29 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

RW wrote:
They are the 4th place S. American team right now which qualifies them for an automatic bid to the World Cup. If the fall to 5th they will have to play a home and away playoff with the 4th place N. American team to qualify.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/southamerica/standings/index.html

Ah, it was just a typical over-exaggeration by the local CBC radio sportscaster. Nevermind. Even if they do place 5th behind Ecuador (and there are still 4 matches each to go), they'd get a playoff against one of Honduras, Mexico, or El Salvador. That's hardly a likely elimination scenario, even if it is an unexpected position that Argentina is currently in.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:01 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

To the extent I follow EPL (I don't), I am also on Tottenham's bandwagon. For the same reason I consider myself an Ajax fan to the extent that I follow Dutch football (again, I don't) -- these are the teams that the Europeans have dubbed "Jewish teams" and taunt with anti-Semitic insults. So I'm happy to throw my weight behind them.

Until they got demoted, I considered myself a Sheffield Wednesday fan -- just for the name.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:03 pm 

hmm, people say i look jewish, so maybe thats why i follow the Spurs, heh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:01 pm 

While the final result is not a surprise. The stunning fact is that it took a late header by Brazil's Captian, Lucio, to give Brazil the hard fought 3 - 2 victory over the United States squad in the Confederations Cup Finals match in South Africa. The United States actually lead the match 2 - 0 at the half.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/international/article6597959.ece

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:09 pm 
Loves The Cock

who cares, the Brazilians always have the ref in their back pocket anyway... they'd have won regardless... good to see the US doing well though...

I will stand up and be counted and confess to being a Magpies fan... I look forward to not following the Coca-Cola Championship this season...

:mulletbutch:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:25 pm 

The English Premier League opens the 2009 / 2010 season this weekend. I am stoked...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:04 pm 

haha Chelsea!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... et&cc=5901

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:39 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

No matter how stupid the contracts can get over here, they will always pale in comparison to the ones handed out in Europe.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9 ... until-2016

Quote:
Barcelona says in a statement on its Web site that "the Argentina forward's new agreement runs until 2016 and has a buy-out clause of €250 million ($368 million) included."

Beat that Yashin!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:52 pm 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:
No matter how stupid the contracts can get over here, they will always pale in comparison to the ones handed out in Europe.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9 ... until-2016

Quote:
Barcelona says in a statement on its Web site that "the Argentina forward's new agreement runs until 2016 and has a buy-out clause of €250 million ($368 million) included."

Beat that Yashin!

Nothing is dumber than the rookie contracts in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:21 pm 

Lionel Messi is, bar none, the greatest futbol player currently on the face of the planet. To watch him play is a joyful experience. He is that good. Barcelona FC made the correct move locking him up like that for that long. There is no salary cap in European futbol.Your team either spends or becomes the farm team for the other teams that do.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:58 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

RW wrote:
Lionel Messi is, bar none, the greatest futbol player currently on the face of the planet. To watch him play is a joyful experience. He is that good. Barcelona FC made the correct move locking him up like that for that long. There is no salary cap in European futbol.Your team either spends or becomes the farm team for the other teams that do.

Hell, there isn't even a CBA, is there?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:34 am 

no there isn't. theres nothing like that over there. the funny part, some (most) of the teams are losing money each year because of contracts like this, but they want to win, so they will pay it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:46 pm 

32 teams have qualified, teams has been seeded (sorry France) the Groups will be announced today 4pm South America time!

Charleze Theron will be part of fishbowl draw!!

Super stoked! i love these years, Winter Olympics and World Cup!

i wish they staggered them though.

W-Olympics
World Cup
S-Olympics
Euros

one major even a year would be saweeet!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:00 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/feature/?id=12010

Here are the world cup groups.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:02 pm 
He of the red stockings

That was Charlize Theron? Man, she towered over everyone there except one "giant" who was only an inch taller than her

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next