OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official NBA thread
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:42 am 
Old Man of the Post

MrBumpNgrind wrote:
the Cunning Linguist wrote:
For J21, & Luvah: Vancouver for Memphis - Worst Trade in the NBA ever.

bibby raves about vancouver? bullshit, when we drafted him i swore he started crying. then there was francis!

rahim was the player that was decent and actually liked the city.

anyways rumours around town aquilini is looking to purchase the pacers and move them here!

no thanx!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:44 am 
Old Man of the Post

Av-merican wrote:
It'll never happen.

In other news...Nuggets are going to the WCF for the first time since 1985!!!! WOO HOO! :dance: :mulletbutch:

Shouldn't you be posting this in OffTheRim.net? Isn't that where Chris18 is these days?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:01 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/na ... =a-section

:yayyy:

This could definitely apply just as much to hockey...

Quote:
LOS ANGELES—As Kobe Bryant leads the Lakers against the Magic in the NBA Finals, fans are seeking the expert views and insights of top sportswriters for help in formulating an opinion on the 11-time all-star.

"Please, sportswriters, if you're reading this, I need you to write more columns discussing whether or not Kobe Bryant is the type of player who thrives under pressure," Los Angeles resident and longtime Lakers fan Sam Lawson said. "Does Kobe want the ball in his hands with time running down? Does he have killer instinct? I just don't know these things until I read them in Jack McCallum's Sports Illustrated column."

"I'm certain McCallum, of all people, can tell me, because he is a truly original thinker and a genius," Lawson continued. "Sportswriters are all geniuses."

Basketball enthusiasts claim sportswriters have repeatedly helped them to determine whether Bryant is a better defender than most people think, and whether he has figured out how to use his teammates instead of being a me-first player. In 2009 alone, tens of thousands of basketball fans have called on sports journalists to answer the following questions: Is Kobe Bryant intense? Is Kobe Bryant competitive by nature? Does Kobe Bryant have a deep and abiding passion for the game of basketball? And if so, how do his intensity, competitive nature, and passion compare to Michael Jordan's?

Citizens claim that if they are not given at least 40,000 more sports columns concerning these topics, they will be utterly unable to comprehend even a single minute of a basketball game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 pm 
OTP Historian

Jyrki21 wrote:
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/but_if_we_started_dating_it

:yayyy:

This could definitely apply just as much to hockey...

Quote:
LOS ANGELES—As Kobe Bryant leads the Lakers against the Magic in the NBA Finals, fans are seeking the expert views and insights of top sportswriters for help in formulating an opinion on the 11-time all-star.

"Please, sportswriters, if you're reading this, I need you to write more columns discussing whether or not Kobe Bryant is the type of player who thrives under pressure," Los Angeles resident and longtime Lakers fan Sam Lawson said. "Does Kobe want the ball in his hands with time running down? Does he have killer instinct? I just don't know these things until I read them in Jack McCallum's Sports Illustrated column."

"I'm certain McCallum, of all people, can tell me, because he is a truly original thinker and a genius," Lawson continued. "Sportswriters are all geniuses."

Basketball enthusiasts claim sportswriters have repeatedly helped them to determine whether Bryant is a better defender than most people think, and whether he has figured out how to use his teammates instead of being a me-first player. In 2009 alone, tens of thousands of basketball fans have called on sports journalists to answer the following questions: Is Kobe Bryant intense? Is Kobe Bryant competitive by nature? Does Kobe Bryant have a deep and abiding passion for the game of basketball? And if so, how do his intensity, competitive nature, and passion compare to Michael Jordan's?

Citizens claim that if they are not given at least 40,000 more sports columns concerning these topics, they will be utterly unable to comprehend even a single minute of a basketball game.

Maybe it does but what does it have to do with the article you linked to? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:29 am 

BoscUlrichIII wrote:
Maybe it does but what does it have to do with the article you linked to? ;)

Oh crap! :lol: I had been given a link to the other (the one I posted wrongly), and came across the Kobe article that way...

Corrected now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:03 pm 
Working for the Weekend

I love it , top draft prospect Ricky Rubio told the Grizzlies to not bother drafting him LOL.. nothing changes!!!

How the hell does Minny have 4 first rd picks!?!? 5 , 6 , 18 , and 27 ... crazy!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:47 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

cannots luvah wrote:
I love it , top draft prospect Ricky Rubio told the Grizzlies to not bother drafting him LOL.. nothing changes!!!

How the hell does Minny have 4 first rd picks!?!? 5 , 6 , 18 , and 27 ... crazy!!!

I believe that's the result of the Kevin Garnett trade.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:52 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Av-merican wrote:
cannots luvah wrote:

i.e. piss poor management... this draft class is also supposed to be incredibly weak.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:07 pm 

saskhab wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
cannots luvah wrote:

i.e. piss poor management... this draft class is also supposed to be incredibly weak.

Yup and yup on both counts. Supposedly the top pick (OU's Blake Griffin) is supposed to be an impact player, the rest are just scrubs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:56 pm 

Whoa...for anyone who cares there have been 2 major trades in the NBA. Richard Jefferson to the Spurs and in a separate deal today, Vince Carter heads to Orlando.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9732 ... lston,-Lee

Oh and I forgot, Shaq went to Cleveland to play alongside Lebron, and the Clippers took Blake Griffin first overall in tonight's draft.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:19 am 
Loves The Cock

I thought Hansbrough from the Tarheels was supposed to be a stud... how did he go 13th in a shit draft?

Why did Minnesota draft four guards with their four first rounders?

Why would Rubio not want to go to Memphis?

weird...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:35 pm 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4497411

The NBA is set to welcome Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov into their fold, who has reached an agreement in principle to buy 80% of the New Jersey Nets. Prokhorov enjoys the high life that should help him fit in well with the remaining ownership group... which includes the man who wrote "Big Pimpin'". Sounds like the Brooklyn move is going to happen.

Prokhorov is 6'6" and was a basketball player in his youth, and owns the CSKA Moscow basketball team.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:58 am 

Here's a little something to warm the hearts of Leafs fans.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/1047 ... BA-history

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:49 pm 

I renamed the thread of course because of this story.

http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=304686

:roll:

Look, 2nd amendment aside...seriously? You gotta keep a gun in your locker?

I guess when all your teammates have them as well you probably should.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:25 pm 

Former NBA player Jayson Williams struck a tree with his SUV on Tuesday after veering off an exit, suffering minor injuries. Police said he may have been drinking before the crash.

Williams was in the passenger seat when officers arrived and told them someone else had been driving. But witnesses told police they saw him in the driver's seat, and officers said no one else was in the car.

"Someone else had been driving." And they were, no doubt, vaporized on impact. Why do adults tell childish lies?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:58 pm 

It always makes more sense when you're drunk, Ian.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:19 pm 

Seriously...just fold the Clippers already.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Los- ... son-011310

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:01 am 
Big in Japan

Chris Bosh drops 44 points, Raps still lose. CB4 sounds like he already has one foot out the door:

Quote:
"It's a little frustrating," said Bosh, who can opt out of his contract at the end of the season. "You try as hard as you can, but you still come up short. It seems to be happening a lot this year, but I don't know what else to do. I'm just going to keep playing."

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=307021

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:59 am 

Yeah, pretty much everyone is predicting he'll be a Laker soon enough.

It's a shame Colangelo had the misfortune of the #1 pick in what may have been the worst draft in NBA history.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:43 pm 

The worst franchise in sports history HANDS DOWN has another great idea.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/Los- ... mas-020510

Meh...may as well. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next