OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:06 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 23495
E.L. wrote:
For money reasons Vegas, but for playing reasons it's a terrible choice. Too hot, dry and elevated. They'd have to play indoors, which defeats the purpose of baseball. Then again they do it in Phoenix.


Yep, retractable dome stadiums are ugly as fuck but they work.

That'll be something if Oakland goes from a three-team city (remember the Warriors were there for a long time before moving across the Bay in recent years) to a no-team city in the course of three or so years. But Raiders fans can go fuck themselves.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 11:53 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 12465
Location: 'Real City
Giants have the best record in the NL.

And that's with no bullpen and a few quiet bats. Buster and the rotation are playing out of their minds, though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 5:43 am 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 9206
Corey Kluber no-hits the Rangers. First Yankee pitcher in 22 years to throw a no-hitter. 101 pitches to get it. I'm surprised Boone didn't pull him at 100. :lol:

They are still in 4th place, 1.5 games back. Things are a bit tight in the AL East.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 12:44 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 23495
Rox have played 44 games thus far, and only two of their paltry fifteen wins have come on the road. Pathetic.

Sounds like they're gearing up to deal Trevor Story, who's most assuredly gonzo after this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:34 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 12465
Location: 'Real City
Giants have the best record in baseball at 44-25 even though they've had a bunch of injuries. Life is good.

The Diamondbacks have lost 23 straight on the road. They are awful.

Vladito is the best player in baseball right now.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:14 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 10393
E.L. wrote:
Giants have the best record in baseball at 44-25 even though they've had a bunch of injuries. Life is good.

The Diamondbacks have lost 23 straight on the road. They are awful.

Vladito is the best player in baseball right now.


Unfortunately, the Jays bullpen is the worst player in baseball right now.

Semien was a great signing. If only it had been for longer.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:32 pm
Posts: 306
Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Giants have the best record in baseball at 44-25 even though they've had a bunch of injuries. Life is good.

The Diamondbacks have lost 23 straight on the road. They are awful.

Vladito is the best player in baseball right now.


Unfortunately, the Jays bullpen is the worst player in baseball right now.

Semien was a great signing. If only it had been for longer.


Montoyo had to over rely on the pen a lot in the early goings - i think they're feeling the burn now. But that offense is '93-esque. Not sure what the future holds for Semien - he's playing great and may serve as a great trade chip for some pitching. While he's only 30, I'm not sure if he fits with the long term plan.

_________________
We'll be back after these messages by Kucherov


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:21 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 23495
It is not possible for a bullpen to be worse than the one in Colorado.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:18 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 10393
Pokecheque wrote:
It is not possible for a bullpen to be worse than the one in Colorado.


I haven't seen Colorado's numbers, but the Jays pen had been awful and had a lot of injuries to good guys, too.

BCG wrote:
Montoyo had to over rely on the pen a lot in the early goings - i think they're feeling the burn now. But that offense is '93-esque. Not sure what the future holds for Semien - he's playing great and may serve as a great trade chip for some pitching. While he's only 30, I'm not sure if he fits with the long term plan.


Yeah, the starting pitching has stabilized somewhat with Manoah and Stripling's improved play. There's still a number of guys on the IL. Sheesh though...the number of winnable games that they blew and Charlie did not help matters.

Unless they've got someone ready to go in a year or two, I don't see why they don't try to bring him back on a 2 or 3-year deal. However, I'm guessing he'd be looking for something more long-term coming off of this season.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:32 pm
Posts: 306
Bosc wrote:
Unless they've got someone ready to go in a year or two, I don't see why they don't try to bring him back on a 2 or 3-year deal. However, I'm guessing he'd be looking for something more long-term coming off of this season.


I'm all in on bringing him back short term too, but I think you're right. This is his retirement contract, and with the numbers he's putting up plus some solid D - I'm guessing he's going to get paid.

_________________
We'll be back after these messages by Kucherov


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:32 pm
Posts: 306
That Vladdy Jr kid might be pretty good... he's already got a set of gloves and a helmet going to Cooperstown.

_________________
We'll be back after these messages by Kucherov


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:04 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 10393
BCG wrote:
That Vladdy Jr kid might be pretty good... he's already got a set of gloves and a helmet going to Cooperstown.


EXTEND HIM

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2021 Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:32 pm
Posts: 306
Bosc wrote:
BCG wrote:
That Vladdy Jr kid might be pretty good... he's already got a set of gloves and a helmet going to Cooperstown.


EXTEND HIM


Where's Garth Snow when you need him!

_________________
We'll be back after these messages by Kucherov


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group