All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Capitals COVID Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:19 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Damn Russians.......

https://twitter.com/JShannonhl/status/1 ... 2715795457

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:16 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Ovi with a cup check on steroids. https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/sta ... 8647958534

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:37 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Don’t blame him one bit there. Put that punk-ass Frederic in his place.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:58 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
Don’t blame him one bit there. Put that punk-ass Frederic in his place.
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:31 pm 

Ovi fined $5k for that. To put that in perspective, he makes about $170k per game this year. Ovi probably had like 25 shifts in that game, averaging $6.7k/shift, so he still made profit for that shift. Nice job NHL. Really showing him! Fuck yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:17 am 

Wilson goes and Wilson's Brandon Carlo, and gets himself 7 games. The Bruins go off about how it's a hit from behind, direct head contact, Carlo is out but "doing better" after going to the hospital in an ambulance.

Laviolette whines about the suspension. Ovi says opponents need to know who is on the ice. If that's the defense, it's not so much a defense as it is a warning that Wilson is a predator who will board you, and should be suspended longer than 1/8 of this covid shortened season. I haven't seen any reply from Wilson, other than reading that he doesn't plan to appeal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:52 am 
Big in Japan

As soon as I saw that hit, I was thinking NHL DOPS has been awful this year about letting things slide and will probably do the same here. That's how little faith I have in them, even though it was a brutal hit from behind.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:56 pm 

E.L. wrote:
As soon as I saw that hit, I was thinking NHL DOPS has been awful this year about letting things slide and will probably do the same here. That's how little faith I have in them, even though it was a brutal hit from behind.

They've always been bad. Just so inconsistent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:44 am 

Wilson comes back and goes ape shit on Lindgren after he assists on a Ranger empty net goal to seal the win vs the Caps. This guy seriously needs to be piss tested. Fucking nut.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:19 am 

You all know I hate the Rangers, but last night Tom "biggest douche bag in hockey" Wilson fucking slew footed Panarin while pulling his hair back, dropping him to the ice hard, later kind of body slammed Buchnevich, landing on the back of his head. Then he went to the penalty box and flexed. For comparison, he threw his hand up for mercy when Matt Martin approached him last week when the caps and Isles played. After last night's incidents, the caps' tone deaf official twitter account tweeted that Wilson lives rent free in the minds of opposing fans. They deleted the tweet after getting a ton of backlash. The outcome of it all? Wilson, who makes $5.166 million/season, got a $5k fine. Wilson makes $92,250 per game this season. So what, he played that one shift for free?

Here's what I suggest be the punishment for the caps for keeping this douche bag in the NHL- the caps should have to waive him, and he be claimed by the caps' next opponent, and that continues to happen for the rest of his contract length. So the rest of this year and then 3 more years of always facing this scumbag. Then let's see how much they love him.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:34 am 
Big in Japan

Vicious and vile from Tom Wilson, and DOPS stands by shitbags like him. Really disappointing all around.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:03 pm 
OTP Clown

E.L. wrote:
Vicious and vile from Tom Wilson, and DOPS stands by shitbags like him. Really disappointing all around.

He would be a good candidate for long covid... Or anal herpies.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:33 pm 

He received a knee-on-knee hit in the last Caps game...forgive me, I cannot find a violin small enough to play.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:25 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
He received a knee-on-knee hit in the last Caps game...forgive me, I cannot find a violin small enough to play.

Who did? Wilson?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:54 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Who did? Wilson?

Yes.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2 ... rs-player/

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:00 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:

Meh, he returned.
I did like this line in the link you provided though "Wilson went to the locker room while Aube-Kubel returned to the Capitals bench." Was he tested for a concussion? It says he went to the opposition's bench. :lol: