OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:18 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Yikes.

Quote:
Dave Prior, who had worked with the Capitals either as a goaltending coach, scout or advisor since 1997 and helped draft Varlamov, Neuvirth, Holtby and Grubauer, was fired in August 2013 when he refused to endorse and implement changes to the style of play Oates wanted.

Double yikes.

Quote:
My job is to know every position. I never played D but I know D, so I know goaltending,” Oates said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/ca ... story.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:07 pm 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:
Yikes.

Quote:
Dave Prior, who had worked with the Capitals either as a goaltending coach, scout or advisor since 1997 and helped draft Varlamov, Neuvirth, Holtby and Grubauer, was fired in August 2013 when he refused to endorse and implement changes to the style of play Oates wanted.

Double yikes.

Quote:
My job is to know every position. I never played D but I know D, so I know goaltending,” Oates said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/ca ... story.html

Quote:
“I’ve studied the position. I’ve met with a lot of people and studied the position. I’m a head coach of a team: My job is to know every position. I never played D but I know D, so I know goaltending,” Oates said. “We’re just trying to tap in more to their reflexes. . . . Every opportunity I give [Holtby] to make another save with his reflexes is a bonus. Now, it’s a process. There’s many nights that he reverts back because that’s his habits, but there’s things I think he needs to do to be better.”

Double yikes is right. Tomas Holmstrom knows goaltending better than Oates. Why? Angles. All about fucking angles, puck tracking and efficient movement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:10 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I played D. I know a ton about D. I don't know shit about goaltending apart from the fact that it was in my best interests to keep others from shooting on him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:34 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I think Oates knows goaltending about as well as he knows talking the English real good. There's nights... There's things...? :chairshot: