OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:50 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

How much respect are the Caps giving the Habs? Not much... this is the softball game they're allowing prized prospect Michal Neuvirth get his first start of the year. He pulled a Carey Price last year, leading the Hershey Bears to the Calder Cup.

With the Caps getting last line change, I wouldn't send the Bergeron-O'Byrne pair out for a single faceoff. Because you know that Ovechkin will be sent out as soon as Boudreau sees those two on the ice.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:56 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

5-1 Caps, not to be a buzz kill, but I can't see how we beat the Caps.

And I don't have any hope for tomorrow against the Wings. :nar:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:57 am 
Big in Japan

Friday night game? Boo!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:55 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

saskhab wrote:
How much respect are the Caps giving the Habs? Not much... this is the softball game they're allowing prized prospect Michal Neuvirth get his first start of the year. He pulled a Carey Price last year, leading the Hershey Bears to the Calder Cup.

That's not really a question of respect... they want to play the guy, so they have to do it sometime.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:41 pm 

Jyrki21 wrote:
saskhab wrote:

That's not really a question of respect... they want to play the guy, so they have to do it sometime.

And you might as well give it to the 12th place team that is barely averaging over 2 goals a game.

There is an element of respect in those decisions. They aren't likely to play Neuvirth vs. Pittsburgh or Philly unless he has proven he deserves that chance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:00 pm 
Big in Japan

Varlamov is in.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:45 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

saskhab wrote:
There is an element of respect in those decisions. They aren't likely to play Neuvirth vs. Pittsburgh or Philly unless he has proven he deserves that chance.

I'm not saying it's not calculated, I guess I just take umbrage with the thought it's a lack of respect -- I just see it as absurd to view it as a "diss" every time a team plays their backup, which they have to do numerous times a season. And everything's relative, so it doesn't mean they don't take a team seriously just because there are others they have to be more wary of.

(Also, the opposite calculation would to be to play your backup on the harder games you're less likely to win anyway, so you don't boot 2 winnable points that you believe you would most likely get if your starter was in).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:44 pm 

Jyrki21 wrote:
saskhab wrote:

I'm not saying it's not calculated, I guess I just take umbrage with the thought it's a lack of respect -- I just see it as absurd to view it as a "diss" every time a team plays their backup, which they have to do numerous times a season. And everything's relative, so it doesn't mean they don't take a team seriously just because there are others they have to be more wary of.

(Also, the opposite calculation would to be to play your backup on the harder games you're less likely to win anyway, so you don't boot 2 winnable points that you believe you would most likely get if your starter was in).

Washington's on top of the league. Every game is winnable for them.

Irrelevant now, though, since apparently Varlamov is starting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:40 pm 

This Neuvirth kid is looking pretty solid - of course, most goalies do against Montreal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:43 pm 

Oh - and a snowball's got a pretty good chance in hell. It gets pretty cold and snowy in Barrie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:12 pm 

Pretty fun game so far - although I'm getting a little annoyed with McGuire.

Habs are working their butts of staying with the Caps... Wow - they just took the lead! 2-1 Montreal from some great passing between AK, Pacman and Pleks.

The Habs are bouncing off the Caps players alot, but this time, the whole team seems to be just getting back up and working for possession.

O'Byrne is looking solid on his return. No glaring mistakes by MAB, although Gorges took out Price in an uncharacteristic boneheaded move.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:29 pm 

The Plek-Ko-Pac line is looking fantastic. Especially Pleks and Pacman. They will definitely be together again in Detroit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:05 pm 

wtf was that. The linesman drops the puck as the Habs were a little slow to line up. Never seen that happen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:06 pm 

apart from the cheap shot to Pleks, Green looks amazing. He's gotta be on Team Canada.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:12 pm 
OTP Clown

BCG wrote:
apart from the cheap shot to Pleks, Green looks amazing. He's gotta be on Team Canada.

fuck him.

break his legs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:13 pm 

Arrrggh! I was just thinking that it would be nice to get another goal so Martin doesn't shrink the lines and tire out this team for tomorrow, and then Pacman misses a great feed from AK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:23 pm 

oh oh. Gomez isn't on the bench.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:23 am 
Big in Japan

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:57 am 

Huh?

What the hell is this... a 3-2 win? How the fuck did we score 3 goals? I don't understand that. This is bullshit.

I didn't see this game, apart from a little on replay (enough to see the 1-1 tying goal), so I assume it's completely wrong.

Dear God, Gomez better not be hurt. Our injury list is ridiculous enough already.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:14 am 

Dear God... Hamrlik is playing amazing right now, isn't he? He's playing the most he's played since his Islanders days... and he's not playing with Jonnson or a young Aucoin, either.

Moen, Plekanec, Cammalleri. Believe it or not, those are our three leading goal scorers of our healthy players so far. Yes, Travis Moen, of 5 goals, is tied with Plekanec for our 2nd leading goal scorer (3rd overall).

Carey Price might very well be good.