OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:13 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Fogghorn wrote:
So Meyers is out week to week. Pretty convenient timing. A few days before trade dead line. Any bets that he doesn't heal up until after the end of the season, clearing the way for $6 million in cap space and facilitating a trade? That shit works for TB and Vegas, hope they try it here.

Not that I ever root for injuries (except for Matt Cooke, fuck that guy forever) but that's addition by subtraction even if they don't use the LTIR money.

If I'm Allvin/Rutherford, I'm allll over Carrier in Nashville. That's a very talented second-pairing defender who immediately takes some of the burden off Captain Quinn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:22 pm 

Carrier would be a good trade. Fills that 2nd pairing RHD and if Hronek wants the rumoured $8.5 mil then they can sign Carrier and have at least one quality RHD. I doubt the Preds trade him though, they're pretty likely to make the playoffs.

Looking at the wild card today I'm willing to be the west finishes just as is, in the east only the Isles seem to have a shot at displacing either Philly or TB. Having two targets helps the Isles out, so good luck Chris.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:56 pm 
Big in Japan

RHD? Can I offer you a David Savard? Cup winner baby.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:03 am 

E.L. wrote:

no thank you, the dman the Canadiens have that I think might be interesting is the Big X........a lefty but some potential there for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:17 am 
Big in Japan

Fogghorn wrote:
E.L. wrote:

no thank you, the dman the Canadiens have that I think might be interesting is the Big X........a lefty but some potential there for sure.

Tanner Jeannot price minimum: ELC-ready player, first-round pick, second-round pick, and third-, fourth- and fifth-round picks. Don't think he'll be moved, though. Jordan Harris, maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:41 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Was that a "we don't need any more trades" game? I think I'd be pretty happy to stay where we are now.

Watched the Avs vs Det game the other night though and feel like they are a couple of years further down the road then we are.

Next couple of games will be real interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:29 pm 

A bit disappointed with the trade dead line, I really wanted Toffoli, thought he'd be a great fit. Although glad they have not sold out the farm for one shot at the cup, they have a pretty good window ahead.

Can't figure out the not signing Kessel though. Everything indicated that was certain to happen, then it fitzzed out.

The west is going to be so hard to win this year. Really 6 teams that I think are as good or better than any team in the east with the exception of Florida who I think will win it all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:20 pm 

Read the Patric Alvin interview on CA. Summary, other teams had a lot of interest in 7 or 8 Nucks prospects but the Nucks were not willing to give them up and jeopardize their future (he thinks 8 years) for one big show this year.

That is exactly what I have been hoping for from management. I'd like multiple tries where the team is a serious threat every year for a long time, rather than one or two big splashes. That's what a team should do at the end of their window, not at the beginning.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:58 am 

Very solid domination of a very good Jets team......................but who cares, Demko leaving early with an injury is the only news that matters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:45 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

So I was hoping for Toffoli too but I'm pretty happy with the team we have. Fingers crossed the injury isn't serious. Team defense is looking very good ATM so no worries with DeSmith getting some starts even though we are playing the Avs next

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:04 pm 

Outshot the Jets 37 - 22; more important high danger chances 19-8. They dominated the Jets, who are one of the very best teams in the league, and unlike Vegas playing really well in their last 10 games. And oh yeah, with Quinn Hughes on the ice shots were 20-5.......Hughes has been good in February, but not the Hart worthy guy we were seeing in December and January. The last few games he seems back to 100%

I'm so looking forward to the game with the Av's. They're playing well with a 7-2-1 record and 3 game winning streak. This should be a good test for both teams to see where they're at.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:43 am 

Hogs got his 20th yesterday, all at 5v5. Even with his recent starts on the Miller/Boeser line he is still only average 11 minutes per game for the season, well behind the other permiere goal scorers that get many more minutes. In terms of 5v5 goals per 60 he trails only Mathews and Hyman.

What is remarkable is his offensive zone starts are 46.5%, every other top 10 player is 57% or higher. If he ever gets the minutes and starts and 1st unit pp I'm sure he becomes a 35 goal scorer or better.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:45 pm 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Yeah I'm not convinced about Garland on the first unit. Would be happy to give Hogs a try, I think his passing is better while Garland is better at puck possession. Also think it's a bit of a reward for a stellar season by Garland, surely he will be unsung hero this year. Think both Podz and Mikheyev had strong games too.

Think the biggest surprise for me this year (in a huge year of surprises) has been the progress of Juulsen though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:06 pm 

Biggest surprise is tough. So many: Miller having a career year at age 30; Boeser never breaking 30 goals but on pace for 40; Hoglander with his very elite scoring stats; Joshua on pace for 20 goals before he got injured; Hughes breaking through to another level becoming the teams MVP. But yeah Julsen moving from AHL call up and at best a #7 or #8 dman to being a capable 2nd pairing guy at age 26 is very surprising.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:41 pm 

3-0 at this point. Zadorov with the "Gordie Howe hat trick" although that was a pretty lame fight with Manson. Kinda feel for Manson. Based on Manson's response he seem pretty apologetic for that hit on Miller, no mal-intent involved. Still should have been a 5 minute penalty and not a two minute.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:10 am 

Well that sukked.......4-3 loss in OT. They were saying the Av's are something like 28-6-5 in the 2nd game of back to backs over the last 4 years. How is that possible?

Av's are a very good team, the Nucks are good but don't have the maturity or poise of the AV's.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:48 am 

I’m as shocked as anyone. Certainly thought this one was done after that third goal. They just looked so lifeless through most of the game. And then Rantanen scored and the script just flipped.

Miller was phenomenal tonight. Powered his way around the ice at will. There were some flashes from guys like Hughes and Pettersson too. The guy I didn’t notice at all was Lindholm.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:44 am 

MacKinnon must have been inspired by the Oscars, that embellishment on Cole's non-hook was horrible. That led to goal two. And that led to the Canucks quit playing their game and the rest was history. Well also MacKinnon being his typical awesome self. His acting may suck but he is so, so good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:26 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
MacKinnon must have been inspired by the Oscars, that embellishment on Cole's non-hook was horrible. That led to goal two. And that led to the Canucks quit playing their game and the rest was history. Well also MacKinnon being his typical awesome self. His acting may suck but he is so, so good.

Yeah there was, uh, some embellishment there, but also, Cole needs to know now to put his stick on MacKinnon's hands. At least if you're gonna do it, take a quick whack and leave it at that.

Also, the Manson hit on Miller was dirty AF, and Manson seemed to realize it right after he got called on it. He's lucky he didn't get the gate for that. A shame for the Canucks that it was Zadorov who decided to make Manson answer the bell. Always gonna love Big Z as a person and player, and he's tough as nails, but he's always been a lousy fighter. :lol:

Otherwise though, Zadorov had a signature night. The Gordie Howe Hat Trick and shut down more than a couple potential scoring chances.

I see now that Chaos Giraffe didn't play. I was wondering why I didn't hear his name at all last night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:15 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

Yeah there was, uh, some embellishment there, but also, Cole needs to know now to put his stick on MacKinnon's hands. At least if you're gonna do it, take a quick whack and leave it at that.

Also, the Manson hit on Miller was dirty AF, and Manson seemed to realize it right after he got called on it. He's lucky he didn't get the gate for that. A shame for the Canucks that it was Zadorov who decided to make Manson answer the bell. Always gonna love Big Z as a person and player, and he's tough as nails, but he's always been a lousy fighter. :lol:

Otherwise though, Zadorov had a signature night. The Gordie Howe Hat Trick and shut down more than a couple potential scoring chances.

I see now that Chaos Giraffe didn't play. I was wondering why I didn't hear his name at all last night.

Myers is injured, been out about 3 weeks I'd guess, sounds like a couple more until he's back. Zadorov had the lowest Corsi of the night at 11% and two goals allowed. So not that great. Pettersson and Lindholm were invisible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next