OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:36 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

and where the hell are TCL and Logical Progression and the rest of the gang I thought would be back by now?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:51 pm 

CanuckinOz wrote:
and where the hell are TCL and Logical Progression and the rest of the gang I thought would be back by now?

tLC has health issues, LP up and just disappeared a year ago.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:12 pm 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Oh I'm sorry to hear that

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:12 pm 
Chaser, Wearer of Skirts

Caaanuuuucks!!!!

I want Kuzmenko to work, but it sounds like he’ll have a hard time getting out of the doghouse if he’s sitting in the press box or getting 4th line minutes. Like Foggy I don’t quite understand how scoring in back to back games gets you scratched. I did hear something about the shot differential when he’s on the ice and it didn’t sound very good.

What’s his contract worth?
And is he’s signed for one more year, right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:23 pm 
OTP Historian

ROBIN!!! Great to see you, dude :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:44 pm 

farang wrote:
Caaanuuuucks!!!!

I want Kuzmenko to work, but it sounds like he’ll have a hard time getting out of the doghouse if he’s sitting in the press box or getting 4th line minutes. Like Foggy I don’t quite understand how scoring in back to back games gets you scratched. I did hear something about the shot differential when he’s on the ice and it didn’t sound very good.

What’s his contract worth?
And is he’s signed for one more year, right?

Robin, very good to see you back, and very surprised to see ya. Hope you're doing well, and you're still being kind to your liver.

Kuz is $5.5 million for 2 years. If they can turn him into a #3 dman I'd be okay with that swap.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:25 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

haha, great to see you mate!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:39 am 

The Canucks are tied with LV for the league lead with 34 games each and 47 points. Never, ever would I have thought this could happen this year. They keep on chugging along like they actually belong with the best in the league.

Boston and NYR actually have higher winning percentage but few games played. However percentages are for math nerds, so who cares about them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:43 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Too much fun seeing the lotto line back together, they totally dominated! Thought Suter with the Russians looked pretty good too. Think the games against Jersey are going to be a lot of fun for a lot of years to come. Too bad Jack was out for this one. Anybody know why Zadorov was out?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:47 pm 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Great win over the Rags, now looking for a sweep in NY, can't remember the last time that happened. How good were the goals by Petey and Hogs?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:24 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

CanuckinOz wrote:
Great win over the Rags, now looking for a sweep in NY, can't remember the last time that happened.

According to NY media, never. I'm obviously hoping that trend continues. Canucks are solidly in a playoff spot. The Isles, aren't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:57 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

yeah wow! First time ever! pretty sad that it's taken this long but....I think it says something about the quality of the teams there, all 3 have have had pretty impressive runs for long periods of time.

How you liking Bo now Chris? This is a genuine question, have no idea how he's been doing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:36 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

CanuckinOz wrote:
yeah wow! First time ever! pretty sad that it's taken this long but....I think it says something about the quality of the teams there, all 3 have have had pretty impressive runs for long periods of time.

How you liking Bo now Chris? This is a genuine question, have no idea how he's been doing

It's always seemed to me that at least one, if not two of the NY Metro area teams are really good every year. Some years all three are pretty good.

I like Horvat a lot. I think that contract will be an albatross on the back end, but what contract isn't these days? Want to (re-)sign a guy? Have to go long term and/or overpay. He's really good. I'm surprised he wasn't given a A for his jersey, but he seems to be a leader anyway. Considering how Beauvillier ended up for the Canucks and now Blackhawks, I'm especially happy. And I like Beauvillier.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:22 am 

On the road and picking up 8 points vs NJ; NYR; NYI and Pitt. If they had gotten 6 points I'd be totally please, 8 is really impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:28 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

They are rolling! Some awesome saves by the Pens goalie after they swapped after the first.

Just give Petey the max salary and be done with it. Dude is only getting better and the rest of the cores contracts are looking like gold right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:00 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Great game by that Syd guy too, and as always Demko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:31 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Rumors abounding that Jake Guentzel will be a Canuck come deadline time. Would be fascinating on a couple levels. One, the Canucks are definitely going for it in that case (which they should), and two, the Penguins are quite possibly pulling the plug.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:28 pm 
Big in Japan

Trading Guentzel would be a pretty huge deal. The Pens have been incredibly stubborn about keeping their core together, even adding to it when they probably should've reset a little (Sid waits for no man, I suppose).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:00 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Rumors abounding that Jake Guentzel will be a Canuck come deadline time. Would be fascinating on a couple levels. One, the Canucks are definitely going for it in that case (which they should), and two, the Penguins are quite possibly pulling the plug.

I'm mixed feelings on this. If they think Pettersson will not resign, then they should go for it. If they believe he will then this team has a 5 year window of opportunity maybe even seven years even managed with those future years in mind. Hughes is 24, Petterson 25, Boeser 26, Demko 28, and JT Miller is 30 and having far and away his best year ever. (I mean who would have thought JT Miller would be a better centre this year than Pettersson?) There are so many surprises on this club but JT Miller playing Selke worthy shutdown defense while having a career best in points is certainly one of the bigger surprises.

To keep that kind of 5 year window open, you have to have young guys playing good hockey on cheap contracts. The Guentzal rumours would be Kuzmenko (for cap purposes); Hoglander or Podzkolzin; and either of their top two prospects. Besides Hoglander, I would be very reluctant to trade either of Podzkolzin or Bains or Silovos off the AHL team and any of their top four prospects who all seem likely to make the NHL. It's those 8 players that will allow them to sign their star players and stay in the hunt for 5 years.

It's really hard to win a cup, I think a team needs to have a long window, and multiple tries and going in on Guentzal does increase their chances this year but reduces their chances for the following 4 years.

Besides I still really think Cole is not good enough for a #3 dman. Hronek maybe gone next year in free agency, finding a player who can play as #2 or #3 dman for a few years at reasonable cost is a higher priority than Guentzal as a one time playoff rental. For that dman I'd be willing to give up serious futures because he helps now, and in the years to come.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:45 pm 

Have to say that Zadorov pummeling of O'Brien last night was funny. Zadorov can't really throw them all that well and thats a good or the rest of the NHL would be in trouble. He just held O'Brien by the sweater at arms length and O'Brien was too far away too land anything and not big enough to get out of the hold. Then Zadorov just started teeing off on him, like he was at the driving range practising his stroke. lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next