OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:26 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
VHF wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
V H F wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
https://canucksarmy.com/news/what-noah-hanifin-contract-extension-filip-hronek-vancouver

So Hanafin signs for $7.35 mil for 8 years. This is concerning for the Nucks as Hronek will be looking for more than that. His offensive numbers are better, and his defensive analytics are quite a bit stronger. Have to figure $8-8.5 million annually, for 8 years.

It worries me as his analytics show he has hugely benefited from playing beside Quinn Hughes. He's definitely okay on the defensive side of the game, but he's not excellent. Seems like a lot of money for him but he's a better player than Hanafin and a year younger. Signing a 26 year old to an 8 year contract is a heck of a lot better than a 28 year old FA. A dman can still be really good a 32-34 years of age towards the end of the contract. Most 34-36 year olds are getting to be pretty marginal by that age.

It also mean Hughes gets an absolutely massive term when his contract runs out...........like $12 million easily.

So Fogghorn, what is your handle on CanucksArmy? I’m a regular poster there.

I tend to avoid the comments. The asshat % is just too high for me.

I have about 10 of those blocked which makes it much better. There are a handful of high quality posters there that keep me engaged, and I like to keep the writers on their toes too!

are you "Alex H" on canucks army?

Hell no! That guy is a cancer in the worst way. Blocked him a long time ago. I’m Alex G there…

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 am 

VHF wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
VHF wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
V H F wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
https://canucksarmy.com/news/what-noah-hanifin-contract-extension-filip-hronek-vancouver

So Hanafin signs for $7.35 mil for 8 years. This is concerning for the Nucks as Hronek will be looking for more than that. His offensive numbers are better, and his defensive analytics are quite a bit stronger. Have to figure $8-8.5 million annually, for 8 years.

It worries me as his analytics show he has hugely benefited from playing beside Quinn Hughes. He's definitely okay on the defensive side of the game, but he's not excellent. Seems like a lot of money for him but he's a better player than Hanafin and a year younger. Signing a 26 year old to an 8 year contract is a heck of a lot better than a 28 year old FA. A dman can still be really good a 32-34 years of age towards the end of the contract. Most 34-36 year olds are getting to be pretty marginal by that age.

It also mean Hughes gets an absolutely massive term when his contract runs out...........like $12 million easily.

So Fogghorn, what is your handle on CanucksArmy? I’m a regular poster there.

phew!...........I was hoping it wasn't you, would make me wonder why you had gotten so pissy in your old age. :lol:

I tend to avoid the comments. The asshat % is just too high for me.

I have about 10 of those blocked which makes it much better. There are a handful of high quality posters there that keep me engaged, and I like to keep the writers on their toes too!

are you "Alex H" on canucks army?

Hell no! That guy is a cancer in the worst way. Blocked him a long time ago. I’m Alex G there…

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:50 am 

Nucks absolutely dominated offensive zone possession time. Shot attempts were something ridiculous like 85-30. They just couldn't get them through. The Preds blocked over 30 shots. And when they did get through, pucks were off the post, just wide, or whiffed on.

Not going to lose to many games like that, but sometimes it will happen. I still feel really good about their chances. However goalie situation is a concern. Play Silovs please.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:46 am 

A lot of negativity directed to the team from fans on forums and comments on CA. I don't really get it. Luck plays a part in all sports, and sometimes you can play very well and get a bad result. We shouldn't read too much into one bad result. This was a dominant performance by the Canucks. Final shot attempts 85-36. I'd normally expect 4 or more goals on night like this. Sometimes you get a bit lucky and they'd get 9 or 10 and other nights unlucky and only 1 or 2. Those games are the far end of the bell curve, but they still happen. 24 times out of 25 games, they'd win.

Unless Saros goes full Hasek or the Nucks goalies post below .900 save percentage (which unfortunately is not unreasonable) the Nucks will win.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14