OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:34 am 
Old Man of the Post

What's the word on EP40's injury? There's been nothing tangible to date on what's been ailing him. Last I heard it was a wrist injury...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:56 am 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
What's the word on EP40's injury? There's been nothing tangible to date on what's been ailing him. Last I heard it was a wrist injury...

Last I heard probably out for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:46 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Hoo boy...

https://apple.news/A3zvz7VwbRmWVO6OBYNAFwA

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:56 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
I bet that's the last we see of this guy in the league if true.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:22 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

Doubt it. Evander Kane and Patrick Kane have been accused of similar or worse and both are playing and still making gobs of money (though Evander’s funds are likely going to pay off his considerable gambling debts). Bobby Hull might be the very worst human being to ever don an NHL uniform and yet he’s still worshipped as a legend.

Now, you could be right but for one very sad reason. Jake is a bad hockey player. If he actually had the brainpower to utilize the vast talent at his disposal, there would be no end to the second chances. But given that he’s a pretty unremarkable player at this point, the Canucks and other teams might not believe he’s worth the trouble.

Should’ve dumped his ass when you had the chance, Jim.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 8:40 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
Logical Progression wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
Doubt it. Evander Kane and Patrick Kane have been accused of similar or worse and both are playing and still making gobs of money (though Evander’s funds are likely going to pay off his considerable gambling debts). Bobby Hull might be the very worst human being to ever don an NHL uniform and yet he’s still worshipped as a legend.

Now, you could be right but for one very sad reason. Jake is a bad hockey player. If he actually had the brainpower to utilize the vast talent at his disposal, there would be no end to the second chances. But given that he’s a pretty unremarkable player at this point, the Canucks and other teams might not believe he’s worth the trouble.

Should’ve dumped his ass when you had the chance, Jim.
There's one thing the Kanes are good at that JV18 ain't - it's playing hockey. I say Jakes's a goner.

I noticed that HNIC have completely steered clear of the story except for simply reading the Canucks statement verbatim in the 2nd intermission of the Leafs/ Nucks "marquis" match up and leaving it at that.

Powder keg topic. One word taken out of context and it explodes in their face. Plus the liability factor and potential egg on league face factor.

Perhaps the Canucks are within the CBA to terminate his contract (if true).

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:12 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Yeah I saw this on the CTV ticker yesterday. JV18 is barely a hockey player and I agree, if this is true, he should be done as a player. Not a good look.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:41 pm 

Did Ian orchestrate or even just play a part in that #FireBenning banner flown over Vancouver? That'd be awesome if true.

Anyway, I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but you gotta be scared shitless upon hearing Eliotte Friedman say that the Canucks ownership understands things are a mess and they want to reconfigure the front office, but they have no idea how. So apparently they started by not renewing the contracts of two of their analytics guys. What's scary is that Ian Clark's contract is also up soon. If he hits the open market he will have no shortage of interested suitors.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:16 pm 
Big in Japan

Gotta think reuniting Clark in Calgary with Markstrom would make sense.

Canucks have 6 really good young players and a million terrible contracts. Kinda easy and kinda hard to swim out of this.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:31 pm 

Any GM with even a little flexibility in cap room should be gearing the hell up to throw one hell of an offer sheet at Pettersson and Hughes. If there was one GM too stupid to maneuver around that situation, it'd be him.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:25 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Any GM with even a little flexibility in cap room should be gearing the hell up to throw one hell of an offer sheet at Pettersson and Hughes. If there was one GM too stupid to maneuver around that situation, it'd be him.

I complained last year about Yzerman not taking any bad contracts from Jimbo, but maybe this is it...

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:57 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

I complained last year about Yzerman not taking any bad contracts from Jimbo, but maybe this is it...

Pettersson and Larkin down the middle with Hughes and Seider on the back end...hell yes. Not to mention Raymond on the wing. If Zadina can't hit his potential with all that around him...

It'll cost a boatload of first rounders but who cares.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:17 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

Pettersson and Larkin down the middle with Hughes and Seider on the back end...hell yes. Not to mention Raymond on the wing. If Zadina can't hit his potential with all that around him...

It'll cost a boatload of first rounders but who cares.

They can't do both, has to be picks in the upcoming draft it looks like.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:23 pm 

Bosc wrote:

Oh really, I thought it could still be multiple first rounders still.

In any event, I don't see it happening. At the very least, some enterprising team should swoop in with an offer sheet that seems a little out of Vancouver's reach and watch them squirm. I don't think there's anything wrong with that tactic BTW. Make Jimmy Boy scramble like hell at the very least and probably have to make a move that weakens his team, or he just ends up not matching.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:45 pm 

Gah, this is so effing bizarre seeing these two teams literally playing for nothing (except lottery position I suppose) while playoffs are underway. I don't think I'd be bothering to ice any veterans--just call up whatever kids I could and throw 'em out there to see if they had anything to contribute.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:46 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
Gah, this is so effing bizarre seeing these two teams literally playing for nothing (except lottery position I suppose) while playoffs are underway. I don't think I'd be bothering to ice any veterans--just call up whatever kids I could and throw 'em out there to see if they had anything to contribute.

And Sutter is still benching Valimaki. Easy trade target in the offseason.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:57 pm 

E.L. wrote:
And Sutter is still benching Valimaki. Easy trade target in the offseason.

He's gonna run that franchise even further into the ground, get fired, and take his money back to the farm. Hey good for him I guess.

Any team trading for Johnny Hockey or Valimaki will likely get fantastic returns since the Flames have gone out of their way to ruin their value.

I think Tkachuk and Hanifin are fantastic players, but if you're going to build your offense around those two guys, you're going to have a very mediocre team.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 5:56 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Oh really, I thought it could still be multiple first rounders still.

In any event, I don't see it happening. At the very least, some enterprising team should swoop in with an offer sheet that seems a little out of Vancouver's reach and watch them squirm. I don't think there's anything wrong with that tactic BTW. Make Jimmy Boy scramble like hell at the very least and probably have to make a move that weakens his team, or he just ends up not matching.

It's definitely multiple first-rounders for Hughes and Pettersson's range, but compensation includes the one in the upcoming draft. So if its one of the picks you give up for offer sheet compensation, you won't have it for the second offer.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 12:13 pm 

Demko goes public with his feelings that the Canucks need to resign Clarke.

Get this done

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/05/18/that ... rk-listen/

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 12:58 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Read today that JB has been informed that he will return for the upcoming season. Because Canucks fans can't ever have nice things...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next