OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:18 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Pokecheque wrote:
Are they really lacking in depth up front? Sure looks like they got a legit, elite-level 1C, a 1RW with elite scoring ability, a very good LW/C, a reasonably good (though IMO overrated) 2C, a complementary grinder-type winger, a versatile two-way winger, and a few youngsters with a ton of potential. That seems like a really good scenario depth-wise, especially for a team that's retooling.

According to CapFriendly:
Pearson/Miller/Garland - I don't really see how they can afford to keep Miller, Horvat and Boeser. I think shopping Miller gives them the best return.
Petterson/Horvat/Boeser - If Allvin opts to ship out Boeser to keep Miller, I think it will cost them, so ultimately, keeping Miller will be at the cost retaining at least 25% of Boeser's contract + Miller's new contract... Too rich.
Podgolzin/Dickinson/Hoglander - I don't think this is a real line; Hoglander needs to pick up his play to stay in the Boudreau's lineup. Dickinson hasn't had an impact and is a buyout candidate already...
Kuzmenko/Lammiko/Highmore - I like what Lammiko/Highmore have brought, and hope they can continue (didn't really miss a beat in Motte's absence)

I agree that shipping out CG's contract would be ideal but I don't think AZ can take on any more deadweight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:02 pm 
Big in Japan

Habs rumoured to be interested in Michael DiPietro. Makes sense, as the Habs have a rocky goalie situation and DiPietro is blocked in Van. Habs assistant coach Trevor Letowski coached DiPietro in junior. Why did he only play 4 games in 2020-21? Taxi squad?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:56 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Habs rumoured to be interested in Michael DiPietro. Makes sense, as the Habs have a rocky goalie situation and DiPietro is blocked in Van. Habs assistant coach Trevor Letowski coached DiPietro in junior. Why did he only play 4 games in 2020-21? Taxi squad?

Yeah, it was due to covid precautions, Was 3rd goalie sitting in press box for most of season.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:06 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Boeser signs 3 year contract with the Canucks at a lower AAV than his qualifying year salary. Nice move by Allvin.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ca ... year-deal/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:59 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

E.L. wrote:
Habs rumoured to be interested in Michael DiPietro. Makes sense, as the Habs have a rocky goalie situation and DiPietro is blocked in Van. Habs assistant coach Trevor Letowski coached DiPietro in junior
Hmm. What do you think they would be willing to give up do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:42 am 
Big in Japan

Logical Progression wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Habs rumoured to be interested in Michael DiPietro. Makes sense, as the Habs have a rocky goalie situation and DiPietro is blocked in Van. Habs assistant coach Trevor Letowski coached DiPietro in junior
Hmm. What do you think they would be willing to give up do you think?

Not much if DiPietro is waiver eligible. They have an excess third/fourth rounders.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:14 pm 

Canuck's Army does a fun exercise going back over the last 4 years and analyzing the Canuck's worst moves and what the team would be like now.

To me 1, 2, 3 and 8 are the most egregious. Moves so awful that even I a middling awareness Canuck's fan knew they were truly terrible moves at the time. These were moves motivated out of desperation and/or stupidity on the part of Benning. Every organization makes mistakes, but those four mistakes should not have been made.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/hindsight- ... l-do-overs

And holy crap would that defence be good as compared to what was rolled out last season.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19