OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Has enough time gone by that we can forgive Ryan Kesler his transgressions?
Poll ended at Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:10 pm
Yes, absolutely. 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
No, because I'm petty and I suck. 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:10 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Has enough time gone by that we can forgive Ryan Kesler for his trade demand from this club?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:25 pm 
Big in Japan

I guess it depends why he asked for the trade. If he was annoyed with coaching/management, then yes. Only a narc sides with management.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:42 pm 

Yeah he's forgiven. He gave everything he had for the Nucks, while he was still a Canuck. Once he made up his mind he wasn't he sought the best deal for himself and his new team. Although I faulted him at the time and would have let him sit or expand his trade list, its not his fault management capitulated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:01 pm 
Old Man of the Post

E.L. wrote:
I guess it depends why he asked for the trade. If he was annoyed with coaching/management, then yes. Only a narc sides with management.

From what I understand, he was frustrated and wanted to compete for a SC; that season was the first under Willy D so the Tank was in full effect.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:01 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Was he really villified by the fanbase upon his departure? Either way, it was a while ago, it's done, and the Canucks played a role in his growing enmity that led to the trade demand. He was by no means a saint, but I don't think he torpedoed the franchise by leaving. They were pretty much done by that point anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:19 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

He also had sex with Cory Schneider's wife. But hey no one ever said he was perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Logical Progression wrote:
He also had sex with Cory Schneider's wife. But hey no one ever said he was perfect.

C'mon...is that true? Or is it just more of the same with Jeff Brown and whoever the hell else was involved in that particular rumor?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:20 am 

Pokecheque wrote:

C'mon...is that true? Or is it just more of the same with Jeff Brown and whoever the hell else was involved in that particular rumor?

First time I've heard this one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:11 am 
King of Men

If I can like Tckachuk and Marchand then I can certainly let Kesler go. Pretty nice piece on the Sedins courtesy of Burkie on SN last night. Boys, the game changed a lot since then! But that's on you Nuckers to forgive I suppose.

It takes two to tango...If Kesler is banging wives well then she probably wanted to bang too. If not well then that's a different problem. Humans being humans. I am not judging!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:41 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
Could be true. But it also could be a complete fabrication. There's honestly no way for us to really know but it was definitely out there. Hey, loved the way Kes played. Forgive him either way, it's really none of our business but who doesn't enjoy a little gossip every now and again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:30 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Pokecheque wrote:
Could be true. But it also could be a complete fabrication. There's honestly no way for us to really know but it was definitely out there. Hey, loved the way Kes played. Forgive him either way, it's really none of our business but who doesn't enjoy a little gossip every now and again.

This is the first I've heard of it as well. I've heard that Jeff Brown rumour so it must be true... :hrm: But this is the first time I've heard of that rumour about Kes.

On another note, everyone has been saying glowing things about the Kes and Juice podcast, but it hasn't really impressed me overall (the best one has been the Kassian interview, IMO), and I'm not compelled to follow them closely.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:16 pm 
Old Man of the Post

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
On another note, everyone has been saying glowing things about the Kes and Juice podcast, but it hasn't really impressed me overall (the best one has been the Kassian interview, IMO), and I'm not compelled to follow them closely.

Heard the Naslund interview over the weekend - best one yet. :golfclap: