OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:55 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
Well then...

https://twitter.com/CanucksAbbyFan/stat ... 0472406016

Canucks have a center who might interest the Avs in Horvat, but I would hope they get more than that for one of the most consistent and productive young defensemen in the league. I'm sure Joe ain't gonna let TB4 go for anything less than a massive haul. If he's willing to take on one of Benning's bad contracts, that'll sweeten the pot.
Horvat and Eriksson for Barrie? I'd take that in a NY minute!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:58 pm 

Edler avoids FA and signs a 2 year $6M agreement with the Canucks thereby preserving the Canucks intent of not having to protect him in the expansion draft. Edler gets a $1M dollar raise so everybody wins.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:46 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Well...maybe it'll just be 1 for 1.

https://twitter.com/AndrewWalker650/sta ... 2918054912

:awesome:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:49 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Well...maybe it'll just be 1 for 1.

https://twitter.com/AndrewWalker650/sta ... 2918054912

:awesome:
Andrew Walker is such a tool.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:16 pm 

Adrian Dater is saying the Canucks are rumo(u)red to be offering Jake Virtanen and a 2020 first rounder for Barrie.

If there's any truth to that...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:31 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Adrian Dater is saying the Canucks are rumo(u)red to be offering Jake Virtanen and a 2020 first rounder for Barrie.

If there's any truth to that...

The first rounder is too high.....he's in his final year for heaven's sake. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:54 pm 

Avs HF board is in FULL MELTDOWN mode, and all Dater said was that Benning was getting ready to make that offer. Not that he even made said offer, or that Sakic even showed interest. :lol:

We're a touchy bunch, apparently. The decade of failure has left us pretty paranoid.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:01 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Avs HF board is in FULL MELTDOWN mode, and all Dater said was that Benning was getting ready to make that offer. Not that he even made said offer, or that Sakic even showed interest. :lol:

We're a touchy bunch, apparently. The decade of failure has left us pretty paranoid.

You've got your own thread title in HF?

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... d.2658543/

:haha:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:34 pm 
OTP Clown

Throw in Kawhi and you can consider it a deal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:00 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
You've got your own thread title in HF?

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... d.2658543/

:haha:

Yah, I think I might be the most polarizing person in there. :laugh:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:03 pm 

I like JT Miller but for a 1st round pick? Nope, not now, maybe two years from now if the team looks poised to go deep in playoffs but definitely hang on to 1st round picks for a couple more years.

https://www.tsn.ca/vancouver-canucks-ac ... -1.1326951

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:37 pm 

What's the condition on the 1st round pick? That if the Canucks don't make the playoffs next year it becomes a 1st round pick in 2021? Bad deal all around proving once again Benning doesn't know how to negotiate trades. This was a a straight salary dump for the Bolts hence giving the Canucks the leverage - or one would think. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:15 pm 

Yah, I've been a big fan of J.T.'s since his Ranger days, but that to me is a massive overpay, especially considering this was a big-time buyer's market because teams all over were desperate to dump salary, Tampa being one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:35 pm 

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 9526146048

Quote:
Another player I’m hearing the #Canucks could show interest in the UFA interview period is D Patrik Nemeth.

If the Canucks are in need of a viable third pairing guy then Nemeth is a good, probably inexpensive option.

He's better than Gudbranson at the very least.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:26 am 

There's been some chatter on twitter regarding interest in Jamie Benn for that role. No thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:51 am 
Big in Japan

Logical Progression wrote:
There's been some chatter on twitter regarding interest in Jamie Benn for that role. No thanks.

Sounds like Vancouver and the Jets are interested in The Other Benn as well. Put up surprisingly good 5x5 numbers in Montreal. Quite effective as a third pairing guy, but in the instances they put him higher in the lineup, he quickly crumbled. Not sure if that's the sort of guy you want for three years.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:57 am 

E.L. wrote:
Sounds like Vancouver and the Jets are interested in The Other Benn as well. Put up surprisingly good 5x5 numbers in Montreal. Quite effective as a third pairing guy, but in the instances they put him higher in the lineup, he quickly crumbled. Not sure if that's the sort of guy you want for three years.
Do you think he would sign a 2 year deal @ $2-3M per? Dude's 32 - slightly concerned that his best days are behind him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:14 pm 
Big in Japan

E.L. wrote:
Do you think he would sign a 2 year deal @ $2-3M per? Dude's 32 - slightly concerned that his best days are behind him.

If he was the Habs would've kept him. That third year is the sticking point.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:57 pm 

Good Lord...Canucks apparently getting ready to offer Tyler Myers an insane contract. Benning is a madman.

Also, it appears that Ben Hutton won't be qualified by the club. I get that he's not exactly a stellar NHLer but geez, if ya don't like him deal him for a low-round pick. Oh...I forgot. Benning hates stockpiling picks of any kind.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:37 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Good Lord...Canucks apparently getting ready to offer Tyler Myers an insane contract. Benning is a madman.

Also, it appears that Ben Hutton won't be qualified by the club. I get that he's not exactly a stellar NHLer but geez, if ya don't like him deal him for a low-round pick. Oh...I forgot. Benning hates stockpiling picks of any kind.

:fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck:

Just when things started to look up for the team, I even started saying complimentary things about Benning last year. I really expect Benning to do both these things but really hoping its just bad rumours. However they did bring Myers into town to talk so they must be pretty serious.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next