OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:31 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Boeser out with a mild groin injury but will travel with team. Tanev, Edler and Baertschi out. Here come the injuries....

Looks like Pettersson is coming off concussion protocol and should draw into the lineup soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:28 pm 

VHF, in what season do Edler and Tanev ever stay healthy? 120 games between the two of them would be about all I'd hope for with their age creeping up and history of injuries.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:08 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
VHF, in what season do Edler and Tanev ever stay healthy? 120 games between the two of them would be about all I'd hope for with their age creeping up and history of injuries.
They haven't - that's why no one wants them. Edler could potentially stay healthy for a series or two for a Cup contender.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:27 pm 

Joulevi, while not being called up when Tanev and Edler went down, is apparently making steady progress in Utica. My hunch is that they don't want to interrupt the strides made thus far and it's too early for a call up. On the other hand, Stecher and Hutton seem to be both having solid starts this season after mediocre campaigns last season. Hutton played 55 minutes on their short 2 game road trip and looked solid. Both are vital middle D development pieces for the rebuild.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:46 pm 

Great article in the A breaking down the importance of the breakout pass.

https://theathletic.com/605609/2018/10/ ... breakouts/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:31 pm 

Looks like Alien draws back into the lineup tonight after missing 5 games and two weeks with concussion like symptoms, AKA a concussion.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:30 am 

Fuck me - the injury bug has officially hit this roster yet again. Sutter (separated shoulder 6 weeks), Nilsson (broken finger), Baertschi (concussion), Edler (Sprained ACL), Tanev (Hip), Beagle (broken forearm).

Same old crap every year with the Canucks in this regard. Just not enough that they have zero organizational depth i guess....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:23 am 

Big 4-2 win over the Hawks last night playing with a depleted roster and 7 players up from Utica. #Shotgunjake with a pair.

This team may not have an abundance of talent but is showing great work ethic thus far.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:27 pm 
Chaser, Wearer of Skirts

Any word on Stecher? He took a pretty hard hit to his noggin last night and missed the last half of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:06 pm 

Sounds like he should be ok but they brought up Jalen Chatfield from Utica as a precautionary measure. Stecher practiced Thursday.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:36 pm 

Avs playing the Canucks tonight. On their Last visit to Vancouver on February 20th of this year, the Avs went 5/6 on the PP including the winner in a 5-4 O/T tilt. Green said he remembers it well. Avs should also be playing with fire tonight in light of last nights debacle in Calgary.

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what you're facing over there, that line is unbelievable." Coach Greens talks Avalanche.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:51 am 
Old Man of the Post

Holy shitballs what a game. McKinnon/Landeskog/Rantanen are scary good, but the Dekey Pete/Boeser duo were equal ti the task... McKinnon had 3 points but Boeser had 2G, 2A and Dekey Pete had 2G 3A... Unreal game from the kid...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:42 pm 

I had to watch his 2nd assist off the boards about 4 times before it dawned on me what a nice goal it was by Boeser. Was just to awestruck by the assist to notice.

If Hughes can be a legit #1 dman, this could be a very good team in a few years. They're set at centre with Pettersson as #1 and an extremely capable #2 centre in Horvat, Boeser is more than hoped for and Demeko will do legit work in the net. Even Juliov is making steady progress offensively in the AHL and talent in Utica to fill the ranks around the core. Future looks bright.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:50 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Will anyone care if Petterson/Boeser move them up three or four spots from the expected Top 3 pick in next year’S draft? I mean missing their top 2 defencemen and 2 most capable defensive centres and these guys win 3 in a row? :viking:

That 2nd assist was pure creativity. Apparently, he hadn’t seen the Sedins do that in the past. The kid comes up with this on his own. SMH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:30 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Will anyone care if Petterson/Boeser move them up three or four spots from the expected Top 3 pick in next year’S draft? I mean missing their top 2 defencemen and 2 most capable defensive centres and these guys win 3 in a row? :viking:

That 2nd assist was pure creativity. Apparently, he hadn’t seen the Sedins do that in the past. The kid comes up with this on his own. SMH

Naw...no one should, and likely no one will mind, one bit. The Canucks finally have their core, franchise superstars. Their Sakic/Forsberg, their Bossy/Trottier, their Toews/Kane...you get the idea. Just imagine if you could go back in time to circa 2010 and pluck a prime Henrik and Daniel to play with these guys. Egads...

This is made all the more astounding because I still think Jim Benning is an outright horrible general manager. But the fact that he's somehow gotten this team to draft reasonably well probably means he of all people is gonna get Vancouver farther than anyone ever has before.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:45 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
the Cunning Linguist wrote:

Naw...no one should, and likely no one will mind, one bit. The Canucks finally have their core, franchise superstars. Their Sakic/Forsberg, their Bossy/Trottier, their Toews/Kane...you get the idea. Just imagine if you could go back in time to circa 2010 and pluck a prime Henrik and Daniel to play with these guys. Egads...

This is made all the more astounding because I still think Jim Benning is an outright horrible general manager. But the fact that he's somehow gotten this team to draft reasonably well probably means he of all people is gonna get Vancouver farther than anyone ever has before.

Further than game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:44 pm 

Bosc wrote:

Well yeah, and it likely won't be followed by a slow unraveling and eventual collapse either...unless Benning continues to surround these two guys with busted prospects and talentless, overpaid grinders.

I gotta say, even though he got the OT GWG, Derrick Pouliot is the clumsiest damn "skill" player I've ever seen. Dude was bobbling pucks and falling down all over the place, if the Avs had a remotely organized forechecking scheme they'd have eaten him for lunch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:00 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Well yeah, and it likely won't be followed by a slow unraveling and eventual collapse either...unless Benning continues to surround these two guys with busted prospects and talentless, overpaid grinders.

I gotta say, even though he got the OT GWG, Derrick Pouliot is the clumsiest damn "skill" player I've ever seen. Dude was bobbling pucks and falling down all over the place, if the Avs had a remotely organized forechecking scheme they'd have eaten him for lunch.

Not sure how 'skill' he is, he's really a fringe NHL player at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:14 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:

Oh I know, he's just billed as a "puckmover" and I think Aaron Rome displayed more puck skill than that guy. :lol: I just don't understand why Benning got him in the first place, let alone retained him.

I should also say that despite his obvious blunders, the other thing Benning appears to have done right is pick the right coach. Green will be the obvious Jack Adams winner if the Canucks somehow keep this up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:32 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Oh I know, he's just billed as a "puckmover" and I think Aaron Rome displayed more puck skill than that guy. :lol: I just don't understand why Benning got him in the first place, let alone retained him.
Green has some history with Pouliot and wanted him in the fold as a reclamation project. Benning did virtually nothing to try to improve the Canuck D after last year's debacle. Like zero, zilch, which is quite baffling.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next