OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:39 pm 
OTP Historian

Fogghorn wrote:
Best rumour I've heard (and one that I think would definitely explain his reaction) is that Thorton told him to "go kill himself like Rypien".........yeah that would do it.

I saw someone on twitter, Botchford maybe?, talking about and I was trying to find the context and it turned out it was this incident. He was saying something about players saying that it definitely did not involve Rypien(looks like he didn't say exactly that, but that they were upset at the suggestion). Sedins said it was something they hear a lot about them, so no Rypien.

https://twitter.com/botchford/status/687023682871402496
Quote:
Jason BotchfordVerified account
‏@botchford
The rypien talk has to stop. When all you can do is talk out of your ass, don't bother. It's not fair to anyone, including the panthers

https://twitter.com/botchford/status/687109140687097856
Quote:
Mike ‏@7MikeyP Jan 12
@AY604 @botchford I don't usually go this route, but I'm in a battle with some people who are sure the Ryp comment was made. #showmefacts

Quote:
Jason Botchford ‏@botchford Jan 12
@7MikeyP @AY604 i'm tellig you it wasn't and players are really upset that's a rumour

https://twitter.com/botchford/status/687026369897738244
Quote:
Jason Botchford ‏@botchford Jan 12
The Sedins admitted the comments were about them. They found them "unacceptable" and stood up for themselves. They never expressed "outrage"

What was said? Henrik: "it's something we hear a lot of."

https://twitter.com/botchford/status/687386985154002944
Quote:
Jason Botchford ‏@botchford Jan 13
If you think "it might have been rypien" you should refrain from talking about the subject and I don't care where you got your "info"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:29 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Shawn Thornton at the end of the 3rd period:

"If you two are sisters, does that mean your wives have co*#s?"

Yuk Yuk.

It's comments like this that make me stop in my tracks and wonder why I spend so much time following a league filled with meatheads like this.

I mean really? Is that going to get them off their game? It's just such grade school playground nonsense. We're all morons to be so enamoured by such silly drama.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:50 am 
Big in Japan

Hockey people are dumb as rocks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:14 am 

couldn't find the media session from after with Daniel but I was pretty sure he did not say anything about it being solely directed at him. As I recall it was really general, something like "we've heard lots of things said to us over the years but this was way over the line, and then went on to say that he wouldn't be specific about it." I really did not get the impression that he was something they hear a lot, it was something exceptional. And if it wasn't exceptional, why now? I mean they're 35 and this is a team they rarely play, can't see it not being truly exceptional whatever it was.

I like Botchford but if the comment was heard at ice level by fans who then put it into social media they will never be able to find the proof and he knows that. If he has heard from players what was specifically said he should post it though.

Okay just read his write up. Henrik does say its in line with what we've heard before.........Botchford lays out his reasoning well, like always.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2016/01/12/the-provies-everything-you-need-to-know-about-twinsgate-the-florida-revolution-and-the-legend-of-luongo/

Best part of the article though is the bit at the bottom. Had no idea Luongo was playing with a broken shoulder.....damn! :viking:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:50 am 
King of the One-Liner

Guess the Nucks "played down" to the competition, that has to be a kick in the face for this team right now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:42 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Hounsy wrote:
Guess the Nucks "played down" to the competition, that has to be a kick in the face for this team right now.

Man... that was hard to watch.... :steamingpileofcrap:

Tomorrow night against the Wild better be an improvement... :fffffuck:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:51 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Well, Benning adds another shit-stained feather to his cap.

How the hell do you not manage to deal Dan Hamhuis!?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:01 am 

and Vrbata, my highest hope for this team is a decade of mediocrity. I really like Hamhuis but part of me hopes he walks away for nothing this summer and see him and Linden try and explain another screw up.

so, so many bad decisions, I really am not surprised they failed this one as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:18 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Yeah, it was far worse than I could've imagined.

http://canucksarmy.com/2016/2/29/the-ca ... of-victory

Vrbata, Hamhuis, Bartkowski, and Weber all on expiring deals. And in a seller's market where even Patrick friggin' Maroon found a taker, the Canucks also had Brandon Prust and Adam Cracknell. And yet to the best of my knowledge, none of them were moved. None. I get that maybe the Canucks don't have the ability to absorb bad contracts like Toronto does, but this is ridiculous.

I read on Twitter that a deal was in place with Dallas for Hamhuis, then the Canucks reneged and tried to get a better price. By the time they got back to Nill, he had moved on. If that's true, Benning really, honestly is the worst GM in the NHL right now.

And it's not like anyone could say Nill was being stingy. He paid a pretty high price for a one-dimensional puckmoving defender with very bad possession stats. Hamhuis would've commanded even more. And even if he didn't, GET SOMETHING for him FFS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:46 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Yeah, it was far worse than I could've imagined.

http://canucksarmy.com/2016/2/29/the-ca ... of-victory

Vrbata, Hamhuis, Bartkowski, and Weber all on expiring deals. And in a seller's market where even Patrick friggin' Maroon found a taker, the Canucks also had Brandon Prust and Adam Cracknell. And yet to the best of my knowledge, none of them were moved. None. I get that maybe the Canucks don't have the ability to absorb bad contracts like Toronto does, but this is ridiculous.

I read on Twitter that a deal was in place with Dallas for Hamhuis, then the Canucks reneged and tried to get a better price. By the time they got back to Nill, he had moved on. If that's true, Benning really, honestly is the worst GM in the NHL right now.

And it's not like anyone could say Nill was being stingy. He paid a pretty high price for a one-dimensional puckmoving defender with very bad possession stats. Hamhuis would've commanded even more. And even if he didn't, GET SOMETHING for him FFS.

I think now to save face, he will have to overpay for Hamhuis in the summer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:13 am 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

On a positive note....

Ticket prices plunging and I can afford to take my family to a game or two before the end of the season. :munch:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:55 am 

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2016/03/01 ... -in-weeks/

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:55 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Taking the family to the game tonight. :woop: Very reasonable ticket prices.

Have a good feeling the playoff run begins tonight against the Sharks! :viking: #terminal_optimism

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:42 pm 
OTP Historian

Captain Chaos wrote:

Have a good feeling the playoff run begins tonight against the Sharks! :viking: #terminal_optimism

Have a blast, Captain!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:31 am 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Bosc wrote:
Captain Chaos wrote:

Have a blast, Captain!

Great family night - game didn't go the way we wanted but fun anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:16 am 

I'm taking my boy to the Kings/ Canucks at Staples on Monday. Go Kings! It's so fun cheering for a good team.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:38 am 
Big in Japan

The Nucks have signed 2014 draft pick Nikita Tryamkin. A 6'7", 230 lbs defenceman from Russia. Big kid.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:49 am 

Yeah, the big 21 year old man boy from the K will be given a look on this injury depleted Canuck roster down the stretch. Most reports have Tryamkin currently listed at 6'8, 240 lbs.

Apparently he is a very good skater, like not just a good skater for a big dude. Actually a very good skater. He'll need some time to adjust to the smaller ice surface.

Benning's elegant scouting report on Tryamin, "He's 6-8, 240 and moblie, he's a freak."

Benning has such a way with words. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:26 am 

I'm actually score board watching, looking at the schedule ahead, planning losses and trying to figure out how far the team can drop. Thanks BenLinden for finally giving me something to be interested in again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:24 am 

That's 8 losses in a row. Bring on the tank. Top 3 pick likely.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next