OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:36 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

One reason why the Canucks are struggling so mightily in the extra session? It ain't the Sedins' bag, man.

http://canucksarmy.com/2015/12/2/the-ca ... -the-table

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:17 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
One reason why the Canucks are struggling so mightily in the extra session? It ain't the Sedins' bag, man.

That seems about right, they've never been fast players and speed seems to matter more with 3 vs 3. Plus the Nucks have played more games total and more road games than any other time, it takes a toll. By the end of the night they should have all the young legs that have only played 10 minutes out there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:44 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Av-merican wrote:

Yes but the coach needs to change the approach and stop deferring to a broken wheel hoping it will magically roll.

Plus the Canuck D-corp is an abomination. Nichushkin walked around Hamhuis like he was playing Pee Wee on the Stars first goal last night. Tanev and Sbisa in an out of the lineup like a sputtering Don Quixote documentary. Edler playing chase in his own end like an elementary school fire drill. Nonsense.

Bright spots Sutter and Hutton injured long term.

Vrbata loses scoring touch with unabridged completeness. Horvat thrown to the wolves, forgets how to play defence and by extension loses confidence in his ability to play virtually every facet of the game.

Barring the Sedins, the aging core on this team is an utter joke. Burrows and Higgins combine for an annual cap hit of $7 million per year. Higgins and Burrows also combine for a meagre 5 points this season and each have another year left on their contracts with NTC's. Cute.

Dark days have fallen upon us once again Canuck compadres. Dark days indeed. :munch:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:31 am 

Hamhuis sure didn't ever seem the same after that hit on Lucic in the SCF.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:19 pm 

Just because it makes me smile, I in no way condone this type of behavior.......... :lol: :roll: :cry: :oops: :lol:

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/673373787983867905/photo/1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:07 pm 

So Prust gets fined $5000, his quote is priceless :viking: :lol:

http://canucksarmy.com/2015/12/6/brandon-prust-fined-5000-for-spear-on-brad-marchand-has-no-regrets

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:13 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Just punch the guy in the face while he refuses to drop the gloves. Spears to the nuts is just going to add you to the list of rats you hate.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:19 pm 

Well the media has completely come on board that the Nucks suckage can't be turned around and best course is a complete rebuild is required.

One of many such articles http://canucksarmy.com/2015/12/17/things-may-need-to-get-worse-before-they-get-better-for-the-canucks

Filipovic does voice one item that is different though. If the Canucks go this route, should they shop the Sedin's? I really, really want them to end their careers here but its hard to do a proper tank as long as they are here. I don't think I really thought about it this way before but should they go through the last 3-5 years of their careers in a rebuild? Is that fair to them? I guess that answer really depends on them. Trading them would be difficult, it would need to be a team with deep pockets, that feels it is close to winning the cup, and has the young grade A talent to give up. Pretty rare, maybe impossible combination. None of these seem likely but the ones that might sort of fit seem to me to be: Montreal, Detroit; St. Louis, Dallas; TBay.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:28 pm 
OTP Historian

Fogghorn wrote:
Trading them would be difficult, it would need to be a team with deep pockets, that feels it is close to winning the cup, and has the young grade A talent to give up. Pretty rare, maybe impossible combination. None of these seem likely but the ones that might sort of fit seem to me to be: Montreal, Detroit; St. Louis, Dallas; TBay.

Left out the most important item: Cap space.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:02 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Trading them would be difficult, it would need to be a team with deep pockets, that feels it is close to winning the cup, and has the young grade A talent to give up. Pretty rare, maybe impossible combination. None of these seem likely but the ones that might sort of fit seem to me to be: Montreal, Detroit; St. Louis, Dallas; TBay.

Left out the most important item: Cap space.

Most teams have some bad contracts around. Canucks are in a position they can afford to eat bad contracts long as they don't exceed 5 years to help make this work.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:51 pm 
Big in Japan

Emerson Etem from NYR to VAN for Nicklas Jensen and a draft pick. Underwhelming former first rounders dealt for each other.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:18 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Emerson Etem from NYR to VAN for Nicklas Jensen and a draft pick. Underwhelming former first rounders dealt for each other.

I actually like this deal. Jensen is going nowhere unless he is able to rebuild his game into a defensive forward along the lines of his countryman Hansen. He just has not show the offensive upside he was hoped to have. Etem, has some pretty decent fancy stats for a third line winger. This is an improvement for the Nucks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:48 pm 
Big in Japan

Canucks sent out a press release saying they're going to trade Chris Higgins.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:55 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Canucks sent out a press release saying they're going to trade Chris Higgins.

Yes, unfortunately he's having a crap season so no apparently no interest. Would have liked a 3rd round pick for him and based on his work in previous seasons he'd be worth it but now will be lucky for a 4th.

CA covers it http://canucksarmy.com/2016/1/10/canucks-announce-that-they-are-actively-looking-to-trade-chris-higgins

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:31 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Unfortunately for Chris, he injured his ankle in pre-season and has been behind on conditioning and timing ever his recovery. It's too bad, he's a good character guy who still has some value and could benefit a team for a cup run, but Foggy is right, crap season all around. Canucks figure they could get more cap relief by trading him than waiving him to Utica which speaks volumes about the general interest in Higgins.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:56 pm 
Big in Japan

Montreal media still cracks the occasional joke about how humourless Chris Higgins was. Apparently he takes himself very seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:06 pm 

When's the last time a team sent out an actual press release declaring a player is up for grabs (that didn't involve a request from the player himself)? Did Higgins party a little too hard again? Certainly ample opportunity to do so in Vancouver.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:49 pm 

I can't really recall seeing Higgns in an interview where he didn't have a big hit eating grin on is face. The guy comes across as really positive and upbeat.

News here is they have been asking all season and getting no takers. They are at the point of putting him on waivers and don't want to lose him for nothing and hope this will motivate someone to take him for something rather than lose him for zip.

Too bad, if he gets healthy he'll make some playoff team a really good third line, defensively responsible winger. The fans here have been very happy with him over the 5 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:58 am 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Linden says he will be put on waivers tomorrow. Part of the youth movement.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:47 pm 

Bit late but still interesting. In the Flordia vs Nucks game this week Daniel Sedin was pointing a finger at the Pathers bench after he scored the game winning goal. A bench clearing scrum ensued after the game with the Sedin's front and center. Potvin called Daniel "a lowlife" for the finger pointing on the Pathers broadcast. I mean really? a Sedin as a lowlife?

All in all a very not Sedinary set of actions to be doing, very out of character. After the game in the interview he was perhaps the most upset and animated I've ever seen him. He told the media that he has heard all kinds of things said to him before but what was said tonight was far over the line, but he wouldn't comment further.

Left me curious and unsatisfied because everything about this was so not Daniel.

Best rumour I've heard (and one that I think would definitely explain his reaction) is that Thorton told him to "go kill himself like Rypien".........yeah that would do it.

Anways, D. Potivin has apologized but I have no idea what the peanut butter reference was about.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/islanders/denis-potvin-calling-daniel-sedin-lowlife-article-1.2496115

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next