OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:03 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I remember hearing about a Sabres player (Varada?) breaking a rib during a game and didn't suffer any adverse effects other than some residual soreness. Then the next day he was driving in his car and he sneezed, and just about ran himself off the road. I hope that's what happened here and it wasn't anything more serious.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:10 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
I remember hearing about a Sabres player (Varada?) breaking a rib during a game and didn't suffer any adverse effects other than some residual soreness. Then the next day he was driving in his car and he sneezed, and just about ran himself off the road. I hope that's what happened here and it wasn't anything more serious.

I've been through it twice. Once in a fight when I was a kid, felt that right away. The second time snowboarding, came down on a camera in my chest pocket. Kept on snowboarding all day it wasn't for 5 or 6 hours that it really bothered me. Took 5 to 6 weeks before I could lift my arm in front of me about chest height when there was any weight in my hand.

I know both Linden and Thorton played with it (and I'm sure there are many others), I simply cannot imagine their pain thresh hold.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:14 pm 

Good update on the Sedin's playing time in PITB today.http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2015/04/21/spitballin-on-more-sedinery-zack-kassians-back-and-a-house-fight/

Daniel
Quote:
“We would love that, but they (coaches) have their game plan,” said Henrik. “It’s been successful and it’s why we are where we are, but in the playoffs there are times when they could use us more (ice time) — maybe for offensive zone faceoffs. You pretty much know how much you played and we always want to play as much as we can, if we’re up a goal or down a goal.”

And Trevor on the radio today,

Quote:
Linden appeared on TSN 1040 Tuesday morning and said, straight up, that he’s told Desjardins to play the twins more. Way to flex, boss.

And later after that Desjardin's has apparently had an epiphany :D and told the media that he'll be playing the Sedin's more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:27 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Color me pessimistic. Same problems/question marks at the beginning of the season, only highlighted by the play of the Phlegms: no reliable secondary scoring, special teams may not be so special given the age of its top line, and what about that rookie coach?

With Edmonton winning the lottery (again), SJ on the decline, I think this may be the Sedins' last kick at the can... The Pacific Division isn't going to be any easier moving forward.

Kudos the the Phlegms for playing smart, aggressive playoff hockey. I'm impressed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:18 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Playing the Sedans more in this series is a pseudo-problem.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:01 am 

Well playing a McMillan over Sven makes no sense to me unless the coach has a grudge against hockey skill.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:19 pm 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Fogghorn wrote:
Well playing a McMillan over Sven makes no sense to me unless the coach has a grudge against hockey skill.

Yeah I was okay with Vey going in instead of Sven but not that, Put Vrbata with the twins and put Sven on the second line. Maybe Trev will mention that too

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:43 am 

CanuckinOz wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

Yeah I was okay with Vey going in instead of Sven but not that, Put Vrbata with the twins and put Sven on the second line. Maybe Trev will mention that too

Sven is going in tomorrow night. Apparently practiced on line two with Vrbata and Bonino today. Guess Higgins moves down to the third line with Vey going out and Mathias moving to centre.