OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:07 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Hounsy wrote:
As the last remaining Leafer OTP resident my apologies for the 4 pm local time.

That's quite the team you have there. Congrats! Looks like it will be a fun one to watch for years...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:12 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Marky finally gets his first ace after what - 127 games?

Poulliot makes like Brock Boeser and gets his first three-point game scoring a goal and two assists; Goal-dobin gets his first goal because the 'canes defence blow by him - twice.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:17 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Hilarious that DGB puts that piece up about Markstrom's shutout-less streak and literally gets one that very same night. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:39 am 

Well...shit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:47 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Tough break for Boeser. Hope he heals quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:17 pm 
Big in Japan

Blocking shots is noble but dumb.

Brock and Bo down is a big bummer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:48 pm 

I am amused that there is more activity and concern on the Canuck's boards from non-fans then from the few Canuck fans left.

Sad because he was on a superstar pace

Quote:
Boeser’s 16 rookie goals ranked only behind Teemu Selanne (23) and Eric Lindros (21) in 1992-93 and Alex Ovechkin (16) in 2005-06

Let's hope it is a severe bone bruise and not broken foot. On the bright side, if it is a broken foot the Nucks can stop winning and start working on that better draft pick.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:23 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Fogghorn wrote:
On the bright side, if it is a broken foot the Nucks can stop winning and start working on that better draft pick.

Fahlen' for Dahlen!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:25 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Deep bruise no fracture for Boeser after MRI comes back negative.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:51 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Fogghorn wrote:
I am amused that there is more activity and concern on the Canuck's boards from non-fans then from the few Canuck fans left.

Sad because he was on a superstar pace

Quote:
Boeser’s 16 rookie goals ranked only behind Teemu Selanne (23) and Eric Lindros (21) in 1992-93 and Alex Ovechkin (16) in 2005-06

Let's hope it is a severe bone bruise and not broken foot. On the bright side, if it is a broken foot the Nucks can stop winning and start working on that better draft pick.

:lol: I have interest in him because I keep hearing he's the real Calder contender, with Barzal a very close 2nd. So I was hoping they'd be neck & neck until the end of the season, with Barzal edging him thanks to a few great playoff rounds. :lol: :roll: I can dream, can't I?

But it's great to see good young guys in the league. Makes for exciting hockey and it's also nice to see regular highlights from guys not named Crosby or Ovechkin.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:41 am 

Man the only prospect that the Canuck's have ever had with more star potential than Pettersson was Bure. This kid could be a hall of famer, or be a bust, its still early but all the indicators are superstar.

A great write up on his year so far, he's just blowing the SHL away as a junior.

http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/elias-pettersson-is-taking-his-place-among-some-all-time-swedish-greats-1.23121988

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:45 pm 
Old Man of the Post

After the 7-5 debacle, I read that TG said the game was an improvement over their last game. From a scoring perspective, yes, and kudos to Tommy Gunn for a hat trick and a four-point night, but holy hell, the team defence was nonexistent. At least four of the six goals allowed by Nilsson were defensive lapses that he couldn't be faulted on. And then I read that Montreal anticipated the aggressive forecheck from Vancouver and exploited. So I think, TG has been out-coached - and yet... With the lineup he has, how else can his team play? They can't grind out and trap their way to a 2-1 (OT) game (See Willie D) and Montreal hasn't exactly been lighting it up. The Sedins are contributing on the scoreboard but there was absolutely no effort to back check from either brother leading to several Montreal goals. And when lined up with Vanek, that line looks they're skating in sand... With Guddy in the lineup, the Canucks were just as soft as they had been with Hutton in his place. Good game by Montreal - could have been 10-6 but for some posts and a great first save by Nilsson.

With all due respect to Vanek, this was the highlight of the night: Boeser staring down Price

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:40 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Man the only prospect that the Canuck's have ever had with more star potential than Pettersson was Bure. This kid could be a hall of famer, or be a bust, its still early but all the indicators are superstar.
I am concerned about fans and media overhyping Pettersson without allowing him to grow as a player and individual.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:53 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
I am concerned about fans and media overhyping Pettersson without allowing him to grow as a player and individual.

It's really hard not to get that excited when his stats aren't just elite but are bordering on freakish they are so exceptional. He may not be full on wood for me but a semi is happening...................and I'm old, takes much more stimulation these days to achieve that result. :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:06 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:

Eh, he'll be fine. Vancouver ain't the pressure-cooker Toronto or Montreal would be. And it seems Green knows how to break kids in the right way. I don't think expectations will start kicking in for a year, maybe two after he's drafted. Boeser himself was take in 2015.

Such a catch-22 situation with Benning. He seems to have done such a great job getting the team's drafting/development on track but his moves with the active roster still leave much to be desired. Didn't I see a column somewhere speculating/hoping that they could fire him as GM but keep him as head scout? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:06 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
It's really hard not to get that excited when his stats aren't just elite but are bordering on freakish they are so exceptional. He may not be full on wood for me but a semi is happening...................and I'm old, takes much more stimulation these days to achieve that result. :P

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:11 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Eh, he'll be fine. Vancouver ain't the pressure-cooker Toronto or Montreal would be. And it seems Green knows how to break kids in the right way. I don't think expectations will start kicking in for a year, maybe two after he's drafted. Boeser himself was take in 2015.

Such a catch-22 situation with Benning. He seems to have done such a great job getting the team's drafting/development on track but his moves with the active roster still leave much to be desired. Didn't I see a column somewhere speculating/hoping that they could fire him as GM but keep him as head scout? :lol:
Precisely. There is a lot of speculation that the reason why the Canucks haven't extended Benning's contract yet (which expires this season), is to see who shakes free on the GM front this summer. They would then create a glossy new title and salary for Benning and his ego (which is about the size of a pea anyways), where he has final approval on all scouting matters (Senior VP of Hockey Ops or some shit) and move him away from the daily management of the team -- enter new GM who handles contracts, trades and cap etc. Specialization is a real thing not only in hockey but in most corporate structures and Trevor seems to bedoing far more heavy lifting than anticipated in his role. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:51 pm 

Sounds like new addition Nic Dowd is...not doing well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:58 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Sounds like new addition Nic Dowd is...not doing well.
No but they are decimated by injury an he is who he is - fourth line centre.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:52 pm 

Boy did the bloom fall off the rose with the goalies. Was the mere presence of Christopher Tanev making THAT much of a difference!?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next