OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:21 pm 

Fuck me this a brilliant piece of work, no words can come close to communicating what this little gif does.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:31 pm 

Well this is now my go to thread for stupid Canucks shit.

saskhab wrote:
Boring As Heck seems to be on top of what needs to happen to the Canucks after this loss:

http://boringasheck.com/2014/03/11/on-the-canucks/

Seems like someone was listening and decided to terminate a 1000 employees.

Quote:
Fire the guy at Rogers Arena who makes the mini donuts. Every time I eat one, I taste four decades of failure. Way to go, assholes: you’ve somehow managed to ruin mini donuts.

Was this really the best time to do this? When you're already afraid to send out season ticket renewals.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2014/03/11/because-someone-had-to-pay-canucks-fire-entire-concession-staff/

Thank goodness Garth Snow isn't Italian or they'd be hiring him in the off season. Just can't wait to see the next stupid idea they come up with.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:01 pm 
Big in Japan

They have mini-donuts?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:08 pm 

E.L. wrote:
They have mini-donuts?
:rock:

lol, thanks and yes they do, buy them by the bag. Mini donuts are too Vancouver what poutine is to Montreal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:45 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Fogghorn wrote:
E.L. wrote:
They have mini-donuts?

lol, thanks and yes they do, buy them by the bag. Mini donuts are too Vancouver what poutine is to Montreal.

Bah we have mini-donuts at Blades games, too. And poutine. And pulled pork. And pulled pork on poutine. And perogies. And pretzels.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:01 pm 
OTP Clown

saskhab wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
E.L. wrote:
They have mini-donuts?

Bah we have mini-donuts at Blades games, too. And poutine. And pulled pork. And pulled pork on poutine. And perogies. And pretzels.

And paddles charged and ready to go...

Perhaps that joke is a Seguin(d) too soon?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 pm 

Stinky wrote:
saskhab wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
E.L. wrote:
They have mini-donuts?

And paddles charged and ready to go...

Perhaps that joke is a Seguin(d) too soon?

:laap: :haha:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:36 pm 
OTP Clown

http://youtu.be/5Xuvcpjf1JU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:36 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Since I saw Kesler flying out of the explosion there I figured this would be the place to put it.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2014/3 ... rs-canucks

Guess I was dead wrong about Kesler being a Flyer, so I guess it's gonna be Pittsburgh.

Incidentally I'm reading on HF that he was an Avs fan growing up in Michigan. I'm guessing he was around 11 when the Avs first came into existence. I don't see the Avs and Canucks consummating any sort of deal, but it was interesting to read that nonetheless.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:44 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Av-merican wrote:
Since I saw Kesler flying out of the explosion there I figured this would be the place to put it.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2014/3 ... rs-canucks

Guess I was dead wrong about Kesler being a Flyer, so I guess it's gonna be Pittsburgh.

Incidentally I'm reading on HF that he was an Avs fan growing up in Michigan. I'm guessing he was around 11 when the Avs first came into existence. I don't see the Avs and Canucks consummating any sort of deal, but it was interesting to read that nonetheless.

So this explains that he's always been a bit of a dick.

"Fuck the Red Wings, I like the Avalanche" - a kid in Michigan, 1995-early 2000s

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:16 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

He probably liked another douchbag - Patty Roy....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:36 pm 

:lol: ;)

I like him better already.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:32 pm 

Well, big win last night for the 'Nots. A come from behind victory over the mighty Jets.

Positives

Henrik plays in his 1,000 career game as a Canuck amassing 833 points in the process -- which galvanizes team.
    'Burrows' finally looks like Burrows and was on fire. Pots 2 goals -- should have had 4.
    After a precarious start to the final period, the team falls behind 2-1 but don't fold like a cheap tent, finally finding push back.
    Nicklas Jensen had a very good game and he led all Canucks in Corsi% at even-strength.
    They actually win a shootout game.

Negatives

Kesler injures knee after a cheap knee on knee incident and is returned back to Vancouver for the balance of the road trip for an MRI.
    Team actually plays better in Kesler's absence.
    It's the Jets folks.
    They still look slow and odd man rushes continue to plaue this team. They give up more odd man rushes than a pee wee hockey team.
    Still 4 points back with 3 games to give Dallas.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:24 pm 

Canucks Army discussing why right now is the best time to fire Torts before PDO returns to form. Basically he's a dinosaur with no understanding of advanced stats.

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/3/14/there-s-no-such-thing-as-a-freetorts

Gillis should have recognized this and if the owners insisted he should have walked. No matter what, Gillis is as culpable as ownership on this decision and he should be gone as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:27 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Canucks Army discussing why right now is the best time to fire Torts before PDO returns to form. Basically he's a dinosaur with no understanding of advanced stats.

Gillis should have recognized this and if the owners insisted he should have walked. No matter what, Gillis is as culpable as ownership on this decision and he should be gone as well.

Well shit, you'd have to fire about 90% of the league if that's a criterion. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:37 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

Well shit, you'd have to fire about 90% of the league if that's a criterion. :lol:

:D True that, however the Canucks were supposed to be an organization that started paying attention to advanced stats. They should be able to recognize what type of coach will be receptive to learning them and which won't. That's on Gillis.

I'm still choked about the decision to play Lack over Lui at the Heritage Classic. He was dumb from an advanced stats perspective and it was dumb from a morale perspective. If Torts had not lost the team before this, well this certainly was the final straw. And that was a good time for a GM to step and explain to Torts why it was the wrong decision. Even coaches need to be mentored at times.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:19 am 

Damn, Harrison Mooney cannot only write he has some not too horrible vocals as well. Well done tribute to Lu, especially love the line

Quote:
Old friend, part of me understands
Why after us you’d want a place that has no fans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:42 am 

That's amazing! Thanks for sharing. :Butch:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:35 pm 

Disclaimer: this article is an "Insider" piece on ESPN, so unless you've got an account, you won't be able to read it.. but I'll pass it along anyways because it's so worthwhile. Craig Custance put something together yesterday on the future of the analytics movement in hockey, with some very choice quotes from smart minds like Lou Lamoriello, Dean Lombardi, and Doug Armstrong. My favourite one out of the bunch was this one from the Blues GM:

Anyone have access to this article?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:36 pm 

https://twitter.com/Hope_Smoke/status/443797356274655232

thanks Torts, I hope the draft pick is worth it. :spin:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next