OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:10 am 

Okay, I'll admit I thought a 5-1 drubbing at the hands of the Blues was a more likely outcome than the Nucks getting a win. Missing Wiese, Burrows, Booth and Hansen; and at the tail end of a 7 game road trip; and having played 4 games in the last 7 days; and the Blues had played zero games in that time frame. I mean even Buffalo would be a challenge under those conditions. Recipe for a blowout if ever there was one.

Reality thankfully was different, if it wasn't for Backes taking a dive this wouldn't have even gone to OT. Although the OT did give Kesler a chance to notch his 7th goal of the season and as nice a greasy goal as it gets.

What I'd really like to know is what the hell was Backes doing going after Daniel after the goal? I sure didn't see anything to warrant that. Did anyone else notice anything?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:27 pm 

Found this in the VanSun this morning and thought it was interesting.

Quote:
The trip, by the way, was the best long road trip in team history. It was the 14th trip of seven games or longer for the Canucks and the first one in which they have finished with a record of better than .500. And 5-1-1 is a whole lot better than .500.

Damn you Columbus :fffffuck:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:10 am 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

On vacation down in WA couldn't find the game on tv. Thank god for streaming audio and free hotel wifi. Listened to the third and OT - sweet sweet unexpected victory. :woop:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:51 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

I really thought they'd get their lunch handed to them. Every reason to. Quite a crazy result.

David Backes -- who once signed with the Canucks! -- is a first-class dickwad. What is he, 7 years old? How is there no real discipline for that, especially after the game is over?

And question for NHL schedulers, since you all browse this forum. Back-to-back games between Newark and St. Louis? Really? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:17 pm 

Jyrki21 wrote:
I really thought they'd get their lunch handed to them. Every reason to. Quite a crazy result.

David Backes -- who once signed with the Canucks! -- is a first-class dickwad. What is he, 7 years old? How is there no real discipline for that, especially after the game is over?

And question for NHL schedulers, since you all browse this forum. Back-to-back games between Newark and St. Louis? Really? :roll:

And how did Daniel pick up a 2 and a 10 for that? The same as Backes. On the other hand probably the first time Daniel has ever led the team in PIM. Hank did say at the beginning of the season Daniel needed to get tougher, probably didn't expect him to turn into a thug though. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:49 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Yes. Backes and Oshie are tools. Decent players, but tools. Alex Steen should be the guy wearing the C in St. Louis.