OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Heard on TEAM1040 this morning, which camp are you in?
Poll ended at Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:29 am
Team Luongo: He's our No.1 goalie and a big reason this team is challenging once again for the President's Trophy. 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Team Schneider: Start the Ginger Jesus - Do anything you can to get rid of Luongo's albatross of a contract; I have no faith in him to take this team deep into this year's playoffs. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Team First: Ride the hottest hand but if there is any hint of mediocre or poor play, don't hesitate to switch things up. The Canucks have excellent depth at this position so leverage it as much as possible. 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 9
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 pm 
OTP Historian

saskhab wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
It's possible to do. They go into this season with the most expensive goalie tandem in NHL history, then use the free buyout this summer and jettison Bryz. Apparently they have enough LTIR space from Pronger to make this work.

'04 Wings have them beat!

Nope, Luongo/Bryz would be higher: $10m for Bryz this year, $6.716m for Luo. I believe Joseph/Hasek were an 8/6 split with like 1.5 for Legace.

Bryz is only 6.5 and Lou is $6,714,000.

http://capgeek.com/leaders/?type=SALARY ... G&limit=25

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:19 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Sounds like the Leafs and Nonis, are, at least for now, out of the picture. While I'd rather have a decent 2nd line center and some forward depth, I'm neither terribly surprised nor disappointed. Of course, when they go 3-8-1 to start the season, I'm sure I'll be pulling out the TRADE LUONGO NOW! card...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:20 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

:lol: Here's something from Luongo's Twitter feed:

Quote:
Can't wait!!! “@NHL: #Canucks fans, are you ready to see Cory Schneider as No. 1 in net? #hockeyisback”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:38 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Av-merican wrote:
:lol: Here's something from Luongo's Twitter feed:

Quote:
Can't wait!!! “@NHL: #Canucks fans, are you ready to see Cory Schneider as No. 1 in net? #hockeyisback”

Gotta say, I've really enjoyed Strombone's Twitter feed...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:31 pm 

Well, this is about as cryptic as it gets.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:08 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

Av-merican wrote:
Well, this is about as cryptic as it gets.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html

I think Gillis is just blowing smoke, but Wyshynski seems not to get something when he says

Puck Daddy wrote:
Luongo to Dallas? Yeah, not so much with Kari Lehtonen signed through 2018 and Jack Campbell on the way. (Although their owner does have a Vancouver connection … cue ominous music.)

Yeah, the connection is that he hates Aquillini's guts for stealing the Canucks out from under him. That connection is more like a divider, making deals all the less likely...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:46 am 

My bold, likely inaccurate prediction? St. Louis. They have the most cap space in the league and have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to young talent/prospects. No other team could easily absorb that monstrous contract and be able to give up something of high value in return. Problem is...if Gillis hands a franchise goalie over to the Blues, he may very well be giving them the last piece they need to be a Stanley Cup winner for years to come, thereby narrowing their own window of opportunity that much more.

I think he'll be dealt before the deadline, despite the fact that he's been the better of the two goalies thus far.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:10 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Also an upgrade of Halak to Luongo isn't massive. It exists, but there isn't huge pressure to make it happen.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:44 am 
Old Man of the Post

I can't see St. Louis wanting any part of Luongo when they have Halak already. From their perspective, they'd be giving up one some of their prospects to help a conference rival - why?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:02 pm 

Perplexed at this point who I'd even want back in a trade. When this came up last spring I really wanted to see a 3-4 right handed D come back to play with Edler. Well that's Garrison's spot now and at the kind of money he's making he won't be losing it. (and questionable as to why we picked up a left D for that kind of money)

If Kessler comes back healthy then the forwards are very, very well set.

Hank-Dan-Burrows
Kessler-Booth-Higgins
Schroeder-Raymond-Hansen
Lappierre-Weise-Kassian

Malhotra-Volpatti-Ebbet

The depth line would have made a serviceable 3rd line in some of the many Canucks lean years or the Av's this year

I can't really see what we are in need of at this point, talent everywhere and depth as well. Perhaps depth in goal is a luxury we can afford? Or another 3rd line winger for depth, there will continue to be injuries. Or do we trade Lou for futures instead and try and extend the teams competitive window over a longer term?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:56 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Malhotra-Volpatti-Ebbet

The depth line would have made a serviceable 3rd line in some of the many Canucks lean years or the Av's this year

I can't really see what we are in need of at this point, talent everywhere and depth as well. Perhaps depth in goal is a luxury we can afford? Or another 3rd line winger for depth, there will continue to be injuries. Or do we trade Lou for futures instead and try and extend the teams competitive window over a longer term?

Shit, that'd probably be a scoring line on the Avs. :durr:

At this point, I agree, the Canucks don't really have a glaring need that could be addressed without making them weaker in another area. Trade Luongo for picks/prospects and enjoy the ride.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:57 am 

Hilarious James Duthie video of the Luo/Schneider controversy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:17 am 

Anyone read the Twitter exchange between Biz Nasty and Luongo last night? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:02 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Av-merican wrote:
Anyone read the Twitter exchange between Biz Nasty and Luongo last night? :lol:

Biz Nasty wrote:
Paul Bissonnette ‏@BizNasty2point0 19h
Hey @strombone1, you catching up on Real Housewives of Vancouver?

Strombone wrote:
@BizNasty2point0 if you were at this game you'd understand.....

For those watching at home, the Cannots hosted the CBJs, who fired what - 3 shots on Schneider in the first period? It ended 0-0 after 65 minutes so surfing was entirely justified...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:28 am 
King of the One-Liner

On that note.

‏@DownGoesBrown 10h
"Wayne Gretzky was just shown on the scoreboard in Calgary. Caption: “So, we all agree ANYONE can be traded, right? OK, hold that thought.”

Strombone ‏@strombone1 10h

"@DownGoesBrown not ANYONE"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 am 
OTP Historian

Has it been confirmed that that actually is Bobby Lou's twitter? It's pretty damn funny. Lou's handled this situation as well as anyone could have asked, it seems.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:10 am 
King of the One-Liner

kinda I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:25 am 

Bosc wrote:
Has it been confirmed that that actually is Bobby Lou's twitter? It's pretty damn funny. Lou's handled this situation as well as anyone could have asked, it seems.

Yes it has

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:39 am 
King of the One-Liner

I know I harp on it, but almost every goalie is auditioning for a job behind the mic post playing career.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:03 pm 

Great article by the man who's becoming my favorite read Thomas Drance on Luongo's value http://canucksarmy.com/2013/3/29/lebrun-two-other-nhl-team-have-called-on-luongo-over-the-past-week

Goalie is the most critical position in the game and Luo is among the best. The idea that Bishop, Kipper, Smith etc are comparable to Luo or that Luo is overpaid just baffles me and Drance as usual breaks that down when comparing Luo vs Kipper

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next