OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:40 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

A goalie controversy because one is playing really well rather than one playing really crappy is a good problem to have. If anything, it drives Schneider's trade value WAY up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:15 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Bitching about goaltending is a major industry here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:38 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

sounded like he had another great game from what I heard of it. Lou will definitely start the next game though in my mind, will be very interesting if he doesn't have a good one though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:44 am 
Old Man of the Post

Edler got knocked out if the game against the Sharts with what looks like a serious shoulder injury (dislocation, possibly). That seriously weakens the d as Rome is already out with a hand injury. Sulzer is available but I'm guessing Ballard will slide up into that spot with Salo on the second unit and AnAl will line up on the third pairing with Sulzer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:52 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Edler got knocked out if the game against the Sharts with what looks like a serious shoulder injury (dislocation, possibly). That seriously weakens the d as Rome is already out with a hand injury. Sulzer is available but I'm guessing Ballard will slide up into that spot with Salo on the second unit and AnAl will line up on the third pairing with Sulzer.

Fuck... he was putting up some big offensive numbers, too. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:44 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Jyrki21 wrote:
the Cunning Linguist wrote:

Fuck... he was putting up some big offensive numbers, too. :(

Well, this IS the Hyperbolic Chamber Thread, right? Edler will be ready to play tomorrow night against Columbus. And it sounds like MayRay may be good to go if Bureaux can't pay because of his slashed finger, courtesy of Joe Thornton. :doom:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:45 pm 

Ha ha...Aaron Portzline (Jax beat writer) tweeted that MATHIEU Schneider would be in goal for the Canucks vs. the Blue Jackets. If they can't score on him, I think Arniel will be fired for sure. :haha:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:51 pm 

Well, better drop Aaron Volpatti off your fantasy teams kids, he's done.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=c ... i-15341197

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:43 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Fortuitous timing... Volpatti goes on LTIR just as MayRay returns...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:23 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Behold the Curse of the 13th Forward.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:46 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

I thought Mayray looked good last night. I think he and Hodgy will fit well together.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:19 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Higgins likely out (day-to-day) with due to Zombie infestation. Nothing that a little Polysporin won't fix.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:24 pm 

http://www.faceoff.com/Brien+made+look+ ... story.html

Booth out 4-6 weeks with an MCL sprain. Glad it wasn't a tear at least. Sounds like Porter will face additional punishment.

As for Higgins, the doctors actually cut his foot to do tests on the zombie, er, whatever may be ailing him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:56 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

I thought Porter was plenty punished for what was essentially a bit of carelessness -- I would be surprised if he's suspended.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:04 pm 
Old Man of the Post

At the speeds those two collided, I'm surprised that the injury wasn't worse - I suppose it's a testament to the improvement in equipment technology that it wasn't a season-ending injury. And I would tend to agree that it was likely unintentional. With that in mind, the game misconduct penalty was probably a bit over the top and probably assessed because of the severity of the injury that appeared to have occurred.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:40 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Porter gets 4 games.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382286

Injury undoubtedly played a factor. So did the fact that it was Kevin Porter on David Booth. If it were the other way around, I doubt the Shanahammer comes down.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:31 pm 

Fucking bullshit. A rising young star gets concussed by a guy clearly targeting the head who also has a past history of idiocy and gets 3 (in which there was NO PENALTY CALLED) and Porter, who got kicked out of the frickin' game and doesn't even have a penalty this year, gets FOUR!? Dartboards show more consistency than the NHL does in matter like this.

I hope this at least shuts up even the dumbest bloodthirsty Nucks fans on HF.

To be clear, I'm not mad there was a suspension, just that a clear headshot/intent to injure and concussion from a repeat offender got fewer games than an egregious, but unintentional knee from a player with no previous history.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:35 am 
No Longer Croozin'

To be clear here AV,The knee was definitely intentional,he clearly hung it out on Booth with the intention of taking him down.I don't think he hurt him on purpose but if you hang it out like that than u deserve a suspension imo.Too many players have had their careers end by a knee on knee,I wouldn't be surprised if knee on knee has ended more careers than concussions to be honest.Teach him now and he won't do it again :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:03 am 

Tuzer wrote:
To be clear here AV,The knee was definitely intentional,he clearly hung it out on Booth with the intention of taking him down.I don't think he hurt him on purpose but if you hang it out like that than u deserve a suspension imo.Too many players have had their careers end by a knee on knee,I wouldn't be surprised if knee on knee has ended more careers than concussions to be honest.Teach him now and he won't do it again :cheers:

Again, I'm okay with the suspension. Just compared to other recent suspensions it just doesn't make sense. Anyone who says Fistric's headshot wasn't an intent to injure is full of shit. Assuming both were intentional, Fistric has a prior record, Porter does not. Fistric's violation resulted in a far more serious injury. And Fistric wasn't even called for a penalty. Porter was KICKED OUT of the game! How is this not factored in?

All I ask for is some fucking consistency. Shanahan isn't supplying it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:34 pm 
No Longer Croozin'

Av-merican wrote:
Tuzer wrote:

Again, I'm okay with the suspension. Just compared to other recent suspensions it just doesn't make sense. Anyone who says Fistric's headshot wasn't an intent to injure is full of shit. Assuming both were intentional, Fistric has a prior record, Porter does not. Fistric's violation resulted in a far more serious injury. And Fistric wasn't even called for a penalty. Porter was KICKED OUT of the game! How is this not factored in?

All I ask for is some fucking consistency. Shanahan isn't supplying it.

I hear ya on the consistency issue but I didn't see the Fistric incident so I can't comment on that.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next