OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:50 am 

E.L. wrote:
The Nucks are finally moving their AHL affiliate from Utica to Abbotsford. Utica is a loyal old school AHL city, but it didn't make much sense for the Nucks to have their farm team in Nowheresville, New York.

Don't cry for Utica, the Devils are shacking up with them. Binghamton, though, might be SOL.

Glad to hear Utica gets a team, they seem to have done a really great job supporting the young Nucks. And it will be really fun to be able to catch a a couple AHL games.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:48 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Fogghorn wrote:
E.L. wrote:
The Nucks are finally moving their AHL affiliate from Utica to Abbotsford. Utica is a loyal old school AHL city, but it didn't make much sense for the Nucks to have their farm team in Nowheresville, New York.

Don't cry for Utica, the Devils are shacking up with them. Binghamton, though, might be SOL.

Glad to hear Utica gets a team, they seem to have done a really great job supporting the young Nucks. And it will be really fun to be able to catch a a couple AHL games.

Been watching the Canucks these last 6 games. The Abbotsford Canucks have a low bar to clear.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:35 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Nice update here on 21-year-old Jett Woo: https://canucksarmy.com/2021/11/05/shou ... ceman-nhl/

Don't expect him to get into the lineup until at least next season.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 1:47 pm 

Silovs continues to impress. Leads Latvia over USA to bronze medal.

Quote:
The 22-year-old Canucks prospect made 26 saves on 29 shots vs. USA, and finishes his tournament with a 7-2 record while authoring a 2.20 GAA, a .921 save percentage, a shutout, and of course, a bronze medal.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/arturs-sil ... nze-worlds

I'm not in a hurry to trade Demko but Silovs keeps growing the way he has been for the first half of next season, get him to backup the last half of the season, then I see the option in 24/25 to move Demko out. Don't get me wrong, I really like Demko, but he is an incredibly valuable trade piece that should start to decline in 2-3 years and it appears they have an option to replace him with someone perhaps just as good.

and he gets tourney MVP https://canucksarmy.com/news/canucks-ar ... onship-mvp

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 7:41 pm 

Hmm, Canucks Army lays out an argument for why Silvos could be ready for the backup role on Canuck's as early as the beginning of this upcoming season.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/monday-mai ... draft-more

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 4:43 pm 

More Silvos hype. Artur's Irbe who was the Latvian team goalie coach pumps Silvos tires.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/ready-form ... urs-silovs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:12 pm 

Not sure if anyone else has been falling along with Canuck's Army top 10 prospect evaluations but I have to say I'm actually finding myself cautiously hopeful for the first time in a long time. D-Petey as a third round pick last year seemed like a real reach. Yet he had such an outstanding season that he now looks to be a pretty sure thing to be in the NHL in a couple years. https://canucksarmy.com/news/fabers-pro ... line-needs

Arturs Silvovs is ranked #5 in the prospect pool. 22 years old, a really excellent AHL season last year, some nice games in the NHL and outstanding worlds where he was MVP. In other years he'd be the #1 or #2 prospect but at 5 it just shows the club is building prospect depth.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:34 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

yeah I've been reading them too, best crop of prospects in quite a while, think the development program has really taken big steps too

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:53 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Very bad news out of Abbotsford. Vasily Podkolzin took a bad hit from Colorado's Keaton Middleton and had to be stretchered off the ice. Twitter (I'm just not gonna call it X sorry) accounts are reporting he was convulsing on the ice before medical personnel got to him. :shock:

I'll try and post video later, since AHL games aren't televised there's only one angle to see it and it's not a good one. Podkolzin goes into the corner and it looks like he gets lifted up and dumped hard by Middleton. Not sure if there's a slewfoot involved but it at least was not a hit from behind into the boards like what I was fearing.

Whatever the case I hope he's okay. I've read some really good things about the kid both as a person and a player, obviously even if I didn't read those things I'd still wish him to get well soon, but I've been rooting for him for a while now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:01 am 

Here's a Twitter post of the hit. It looks pretty dirty to me.

https://twitter.com/BenLypka/status/1717396936385540124

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:14 am 

He’s okay!

Attachments:
IMG_0014.jpeg
IMG_0014.jpeg [ 255.97 KiB | Viewed 356 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:56 am 

The hit wasn't that bad, it was the slew foot taking his legs out at the same time that dumped him on his head. He had no chance to recover and protect himself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:05 pm 

After 14 games Tom Willander has been moved up to BU's top pairing.

So there are 4 dmen in the prospect pool that are highly likely to make the NHL but damn they are all 2-4 years away. The ones on the farm now McWard, Hirose, Woo all look like tweeners. May play a little bottom pairing or be top AHL for the rest of there careers. Help is coming but its a long ways away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:37 pm 

Alvin on the three Canuck's Swedish prospects.

Quote:
Elias Pettersson (D) - Join AHL at the end of his SHL season
• Lekkerimäki - AHL next season
• Willander - No rush. We can expect another season at BU

EP is picking up the most minutes of any Swedish dman at the world juniors. Plays tough and doesn't back down and calm under pressure. Lekkerimaki has been a standout all year, looking like a great pick at #15.

These 3 plus Podz and dman Hunter Brzustewicz who is leading the league in points are the 5 best prospects in the system. Unfortunately EP and Lekkerimaki are two years away from joining the big club, and Willander and Brust are probably 3 years away. Good that we've got high end talent coming, too bad they're that far away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13